NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Lets all hope theres a last minute change in the program and Luke Covell!!!!! is needed! then it will be a kiwi win for sure... i just dont know if Vagana's beard has the same power this week... lets hope it does! Go Vagana! lets do more hard hitting tackles and avoid suspension again! (i swear he gets away with so much...)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
brogan77 said:
Bump-diddly-ump, whose gonna win the tri-nations match on thisarvo at 4:30, (It's on delay on Nine at 7:30)? I'm gonna say Australia by 14 points, minichiello to score a double and wiki to chop barret in half when he comes on.
well i would say australia, but after their performance last time, id say NZ will take it. australia still needs to work on its team if they want to be dominant.

SPOILER!!!!!!

just saw the score on toyota world sports

New Zealand - 24
Australia - 26

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
That was the worst refereeing performance I have seen in a long time. 3 tries from forward passes you'd think the ref and touchy's were blind.

And that disallowed try to minni was the worst call in the history of rugby league. He clearly grounded the ball on the line and almost certainly grounded it a second time over the line. And even if you could somehow ignore that if that wasn't a situation where benefit of the doubt could be used I don't know what is.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I think its safe to say that if Luke Covell played the refs would of been better and the Kiwis would of won by 30. Hopefully he'll play against England, That way NZ will win by 60 or more.

But bookie i agree, Niges try was awesome. I didnt watch to much of the game but i saw the try and i dont know how he stayed in. The beard is still awesome. Not as awesome as last week, but still awesome.... I think the ref needed to touch it before the game so that he could get some good luck for making a good call for once.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Anyone realise Jane Ryles?

No. I didnt think so.
He was the best player on the ground. No questions.

brogan77 said:
wiki to chop barret in half when he comes on.
And HE totally changed the game as soon as he came on with his long passing game. Just to show how important he was, as soon as Buderus went back to hooker, he fucked up and New Zealand scored off it.

Gasnier's move was in evidence again ... magical. Hape was stranded in no-man's land.

Cooper was awesome on debut ... like Gould said, he should have been there last week.

Lockyer ONCE AGAIN showed that he is a fullback at heart, scoring both tries PLAYING as a fullback. The second try especially, when he took the inside ball from Minichiello and sliced through the defence ... it was an inversion of their roles, and it showed that Lockyer is a fullback, not a five-eighth.

Price and 70-Cents-A-Litre were both ineffective tonight; they were saved by Ryles and O'Meley. Ben Kennedy and Luke Bailey are the two best forwards in the game. Unfortunately, Bailey isn't there. Kennedy showed his potency and value to the team once again tonight (last night, according to the time).

To me, this looked like an exact repeat of State Of Origin 1 ... NSW getting dominated in the first half, Barrett not being given the ball by Kimmorley, our best weapons in Gasnier, Cooper and King were not being utilised ... second half, Barrett takes over from Kimmorley, he immediately throws the ball out wide, Gasnier and Cooper destroy QLD in 20 minutes.

Tonight, it was almost an exact repeat.

Johns and Lockyer have to stop trying to create crap through the middle of the ruck, and just get the ball out wide and do it early. Give it to Gasnier and Cooper when they have space to move, and more often than not, they'll either split the defence open or put Tate/King away down the line. It's a simple game plan that will almost guarantee victory.

I think Ricky Stuart will be the next Australian coach, and I think he will be occupying the job in 2007.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
That Janet Ryles comment was referring to Game one, and by the way, I didnt see much of him last night either.

Now let me rant on about the Sharks players. My god that try was amazing.

Hey Eoin - yeah the refs better touch the beard. They better. I was worried that even though the rest of Niges body was mid air, he might have been balancing on one of his goatee braids.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I think the beard helped him aero-dynamically (or however u spell it) by allowing him to stay in the air so long and plant the ball.

The Australians really have under estimated the beard... maybe England wont. But then again, maybe England will be underestimating Luke Covell!!!!!!! because surely there wont be anymore marriages :(

Jiga

NZ should have won last night. There were 2 definite forward passes that lead to AUstralian tries, there was the one that went forward then bounced and went forward again (Its ok for the ball to bounce forward, but the pass wasnt propelled backwards, rather 1m forward = forward pass) and the second forward pass was that offload, I think it might have been Ben Kennendy, that was f*kin 2m forward. I find it funny though how on the replays they only showed it from a wide angle in front, didnt show the side angle that clearly illustrated how ridiculously forward it was.

I also think Voss & Co are idiots, when the NZ's got a try off wat at best was a line ball pass to Webster I think, they were up in arms about how forward it was - yet when the Aussies scored off multiple forward passes they barely mentioned it.

Enuf of that though, Vagana's try was pure class!!! Although he really went missing in the last 2o mins of that match, it was almost like he was avoiding the ball at times with his lack lacklustre runs around the player with the ball - hopefully he isnt injured because more important things are on the line....like the sharks 06 Premiership

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I find it funny though how on the replays they only showed it from a wide angle in front, didnt show the side angle that clearly illustrated how ridiculously forward it was.
They said multiple times during the telecast that the pictures were coming from SkyNZ or some crap. Whatever the station was, it was one from New Zealand.

I cannot see how you can say that the Webster try was only a marginal forward pass from Whatuira. It his his hands (he didn't catch and pass), and he was practically facing the tryline. There was nothing the ball could have done EXCEPT go forward.

That is why I think when the Kennedy pass occurred, the referee and linesmen let it go in order to 'return the favour' and square the ledger.

Where was the second forward pass? Lockyer's first try? As you said, that hit the ground and bounced forward from memory. But how good was Cooper's work there? Catching the bomb while surrounded, throwing a miracle pass out the side whilst being gang-tackled, and the rest is history.

If Mark Gasnier doesn't go to Rugby Union in 2007, he could well become just as good as his uncle. And we all know that Reg Gasnier was the greatest centre to ever play the game.

Gasnier, Langlands, and Raper ... doesn't get much better than that! Chuck in Norm Provan, and you've practically got yourself a premiership! Well actually, you get eleven straight premierships. But anyway ...

ledzeppelin said:
buderus is sh*t ... petero and buderus ---->
I agree. Whenever he's been on the field, Australia have been dominated. It's more than coincidence that as soon as he went off in Game 1, Gower's presence changed the game, and then last night, as soon as he went off, Barrett changed the game.

And then 70-Cents-A-Litre looks to be well past it. He doesn't dominate like he used to, and without his partner in crime, Webcke, he just doesn't work in tandem with Price (or any other front rower there).

Luke O'Donnell has been great in both matches. I'm very happy with him.

Somewhat disappointed with Fitzgibbon, though. If he doesn't improve in England, I'd be giving Ben Creagh a run, because he'll become Australia's premier backrower in a few seasons, and it'd be good for him to experience it. Then again, if he doesn't play, he can't get injured ...

Last edited:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
If Mark Gasnier doesn't go to Rugby Union in 2007, he could well become just as good as his uncle. And we all know that Reg Gasnier was the greatest centre to ever play the game.
Does anybody actually think he'll go to Union? I think he'll stick with league, unless the dragons win a premiership in the near future, then he might leave league. Otherwise, i'd be pretty shocked if he left league. Maybe you can fill me in DRAGONZ. Has he expressed much interest?

ohh, and by the way, How good was the beard!?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Australia scored two tries from forward passes. NZ scored one try from a forward pass. And Australia were dissallowed a try that was clearly a try. So in the end the wrong decisions were even.

What lost NZ the game was in the first half. When johns didn't kick the ball out on a penalty and NZ picked it up. There was absolutely no reason for that moron to take out Johns once his player already had the ball and was running with it. Australia scored off that set and that is why NZ lost.

Jiga

Reg Gasnier was the greatest centre to ever play the game.
Pffft, I myself and most people in fact would hold ET in more esteem than any Gasnier!! Lol

And HE totally changed the game as soon as he came on with his long passing game. Just to show how important he was, as soon as Buderus went back to hooker, he fucked up and New Zealand scored off it.
Yeah, he changed the game, with his great kicking game to, like how he grubbered it along the ground into touch for about a 10m gain :rolleyes:. The fact that Barrett came on and Australia starting scoring is only a coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiga

I seriously do rate ET higher than Reg. Reg Gasnier played during the 60's, when the sport wasnt a profession, it was something players did on the weekend to earn alittle extra cash - therefore the quality of opposition was poor. Im sure Reg was an exceptional talent for his time, but that doesnt mean he was so great when considering the era he played in. ET on the other was a class player and clubman in a time when the sport was a profession, where NRL was the only game played by players who trained all week and by teams who studied their opposition and implemented tactics accordingly. IMO this era is much more difficult to perform, and ET excelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)