• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
shortygb said:
im not corrupted by jealousy, i just dont like the cap rorting, no heart, whinging roosters.
Jealousy is a curse, the bile you no hopers spew forth astounds me.

I'll address your first unfounded insult as it is the most ridiculous:

1) Myth: The Roosters rort the Salary Cap
....Fact: Their is no hard evidence to suggest that the Roosters do or have ever intentionally set out to mislead, deceive and cheat the Salary Cap. As a result they have never been found guilty of such an offence. If indeed you do have evidence please forward it to the necessary authorities, until such a time as this occurs:
Shut The Fuck Up

Second unfounded insult:

2) Myth:The Roosters have no "heart"
....Fact: "Heart" is an intangible concept, it impossible to pinpoint any one factor that constitutes "heart" in a sporting sense and most importantly, one persons opinion of "heart" will be dramatically different to another persons. One cannot use the amount of Junior’s a club has in their first grade team as the sole factor that determines the "heart" of an organisation, club or team. To do so would disrespect the effort that every individual within a club expends in order to allow the team to perform every day, week, year and in the Rooster's case 98 years. "Heart" is not a statistic that you can just conjure up flippantly, to me "heart" involves the blood, sweat and tears every single player expends on the field in a sporting contest. "Heart" is formed in the fires of an on field battle and is best shown every time an injured player picks himself up and continues to play despite all the pain and suffering he may endure just so that he doesn't let down his team-mates, the fans and most importantly the club that he represents every time he pulls on a jersey.

3rd unfounded insult:

3) Myth:The Roosters and their supporters are the biggest whingers in the NRL
....Fact: Every team whinges, every team’s supporters whinge but once again whinging is not an absolute it subject to others perceptions. Unless you take every comment made by every person involved in League and every person commenting on league, documented their affiliation and then compared results you can never prove that any one team and their supporters whinge more than any other. I could claim that any other team were the biggest whingers with as much certainty as anyone else could brand the Roosters such. Whinging is defined as: “complaining or protesting, especially in an annoying or persistent manner,” so therefore it is subject to others perception of what is annoying and persistent so that means you can never measure the level of “whinging” and therefore never compare. WHINGING IS NOT A MEASURABLE QUALITY. Ultimately if we are going to be trite about it I shall just claim that the Roosters and their followers are the biggest whingers because they are the most passionate about their team. But then we’d be getting into intangibles again.

So thats my say on the matter, take it or leave it.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
1) just because there is no eveidence to the public, it dosent mean that they arent cheating the cap...and with the connections that the roosters have i would be suprised if they are, it just hasnt come out yet.

2) by no heart i mean the club has no spirit as we have mentioned before it is mearly steals players from other clubs...just have a look at how many int eh current squad have been with the roosters juniors...few, if not none at all. the roosters club is just a "transit lounge" for many.

3) and by whinging im refering to the constant whinging to the nrl to raise te cap "to support the sydney city lifestyle". that and complaining when the roosters didnt make the 8 in 2005, when they have been in the finals the past few years.

HSC
shortygb said:
1) just because there is no eveidence to the public, it dosent mean that they arent cheating the cap...and with the connections that the roosters have i would be suprised if they are, it just hasnt come out yet.

2) by no heart i mean the club has no spirit as we have mentioned before it is mearly steals players from other clubs...just have a look at how many int eh current squad have been with the roosters juniors...few, if not none at all. the roosters club is just a "transit lounge" for many.

3) and by whinging im refering to the constant whinging to the nrl to raise te cap "to support the sydney city lifestyle". that and complaining when the roosters didnt make the 8 in 2005, when they have been in the finals the past few years.
A drowning man clutches at straws indeed. Why repeat yourself? All of your "arguments" have been undeniably refuted, if you can't see that I feel sorry for you. I feel no need to repeat myself on any of those matters each of them are hollow arguments which I have already established to be fundamentally flawed.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
RanyofuKenyan? said:
Jealousy is a curse, the bile you no hopers spew forth astounds me.

....Fact: Their is no hard evidence to suggest that the Roosters do or have ever intentionally set out to mislead, deceive and cheat the Salary Cap. As a result they have never been found guilty of such an offence. If indeed you do have evidence please forward it to the necessary authorities, until such a time as this occurs:
Shut The Fuck Up

Second unfounded insult:

....Fact: "Heart" is an intangible concept, it impossible to pinpoint any one factor that constitutes "heart" in a sporting sense and most importantly, one persons opinion of "heart" will be dramatically different to another persons. One cannot use the amount of Junior’s a club has in their first grade team as the sole factor that determines the "heart" of an organisation, club or team. To do so would disrespect the effort that every individual within a club expends in order to allow the team to perform every day, week, year and in the Rooster's case 98 years. "Heart" is not a statistic that you can just conjure up flippantly, to me "heart" involves the blood, sweat and tears every single player expends on the field in a sporting contest. "Heart" is formed in the fires of an on field battle and is best shown every time an injured player picks himself up and continues to play despite all the pain and suffering he may endure just so that he doesn't let down his team-mates, the fans and most importantly the club that he represents every time he pulls on a jersey.

3rd unfounded insult:

....Fact: Every team whinges, every team’s supporters whinge but once again whinging is not an absolute it subject to others perceptions. Unless you take every comment made by every person involved in League and every person commenting on league, documented their affiliation and then compared results you can never prove that any one team and their supporters whinge more than any other. I could claim that any other team were the biggest whingers with as much certainty as anyone else could brand the Roosters such. Whinging is defined as: “complaining or protesting, especially in an annoying or persistent manner,” so therefore it is subject to others perception of what is annoying and persistent so that means you can never measure the level of “whinging” and therefore never compare. WHINGING IS NOT A MEASURABLE QUALITY. Ultimately if we are going to be trite about it I shall just claim that the Roosters and their followers are the biggest whingers because they are the most passionate about their team. But then we’d be getting into intangibles again.

Love is a strong word but im giving you all of it right about...now.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Brogan, you've just displayed either a very short memory .. or a very selective one.

RanyofuKenyan? said:

Shut The Fuck Up
In 2002, the Roosters got done by the NRL salary cap auditors over Craig Wing's contract.

In 2005, the Roosters were found of breaching the salary cap due to third party agreements involving Adrian Morley. Turns out that he was given a car (from none other than one of Nick Politis' dealerships) as a 'gift' .. but no, the Roosters had no idea that this was included in Morley's salary .. it was clearly an honest mistake *rolls eyes*

The article on it at The Sunday Telegraph USED to be at this location:
sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,12881238-28780,00.html
Unfortunately, the link is now dead, but I can give you one part of the article, thanks to Google:
Gotcha: the car that broke the Roosters salary cap. the bright red Ford belongs
to Adrian Morley but the international prop will be forced to return it to..

But yes, there is clearly no hard evidence of the Roosters cheating the salary cap.
RanyofuKenyan? said:
Second unfounded insult:

....Fact: "Heart" is an intangible concept, it impossible to pinpoint any one factor that constitutes "heart" in a sporting sense and most importantly, one persons opinion of "heart" will be dramatically different to another persons. One cannot use the amount of Junior’s a club has in their first grade team as the sole factor that determines the "heart" of an organisation, club or team. To do so would disrespect the effort that every individual within a club expends in order to allow the team to perform every day, week, year and in the Rooster's case 98 years.
What makes my criticism of that Roosterfanatic person any worse than his/her statement about shafting Lance Thompson?

I am fairly sure that in conversation with that person, you will find that they figured Thompson is full of 'heart' because he started at St George as a 15 year old, played his whole career there, and never stopped trying on the field.

Most people will probably decide that the concept of 'heart' has a lot to do with passion for the jersey that they wear and love for the club they represent.

My point is that if Roosterfanatic from NRL Rant thinks Lance Thompson had so much love and passion and 'heart' for the Dragons jersey that he decided to go and play for our number one enemy, then I am well within my rights to say that I cannot find one player at the Roosters who fits the bill.

After all, if a player who has played his whole career at one club can then go and play for that club's most hated arch rival, then what hope does a player have who has come to the Roosters after playing for about three different clubs already?

Then again, you are arguing in terms of effort on the field, so I hardly think that any player can be accused of not having heart, except Braith Anasta. Everyone else tries their hardest for the full 80 minutes. You guys have just been unlucky enough to get the only player in the NRL who gives up when the chips are down.
RanyofuKenyan? said:
3rd unfounded insult:

A move by the Sydney Roosters to take legal action against the NRL if the salary cap is not increased in 2005 has been labelled by other clubs as selfish, arrogant and even a threat to the game's existence as a genuine competition.

Lawyers acting for the Roosters sent the NRL a letter two weeks ago stating that the club would be forced to take action in the Federal Court if the NRL failed to lift the cap from the current $3.25 million.

The rest can be found at http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/21/1071941616278.html?from=storyrhs

I guess that one ties in with both the 1 and 3 .. and before you say that the Dragons are also in that article, I'll supply the necessary quote from it:
"I spoke in favour of concessions for locally developed players and long-serving players," Doust said yesterday.

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Brogan, you've just displayed either a very short memory .. or a very selective one.
And Robert you've displayed an ignorance that i find surprising, disappointing but sadly not unexpected, considering your jealousy.

DRAGONZ said:
In 2002, the Roosters got done by the NRL salary cap auditors over Craig Wing's contract.

In 2005, the Roosters were found of breaching the salary cap due to third party agreements involving Adrian Morley. Turns out that he was given a car (from none other than one of Nick Politis' dealerships) as a 'gift' .. but no, the Roosters had no idea that this was included in Morley's salary .. it was clearly an honest mistake *rolls eyes*

The article on it at The Sunday Telegraph USED to be at this location:
sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,12881238-28780,00.html
Unfortunately, the link is now dead, but I can give you one part of the article, thanks to Google:
Gotcha: the car that broke the Roosters salary cap. the bright red Ford belongs
to Adrian Morley but the international prop will be forced to return it to..

But yes, there is clearly no hard evidence of the Roosters cheating the salary cap.
If you notice Robert i chose my words very carefully, i said “intentionally set out to mislead, deceive and cheat the Salary Cap.” I am well aware of previous minor salary cap indiscretions that the Roosters and a whole host of clubs have had, however none of these have been proven to have been intentional, or for that matter serious enough to constitute “cheating” in any way, shape or form. As such the punishments have been appropriate fines. This contrasts significantly with the Bulldogs incident where the club intentionally set out to obfuscate player payments through the Oasis development project,in order to gain a competitive advantage. As a result they were rightly stripped of competition points. I find it quite sad Robert that you must resort to sarcasm in order to unjustly ridicule and belittle the Roosters. Unfounded accusations, be it explicit, or in your case implied, are extremely unnecessary, the reason there is no hard evidence is clearly because it does not exist. Until such a time as any arises all your bleeding heart comments concerning the Roosters cheating the salary cap are moot.

DRAGONZ said:
What makes my criticism of that Roosterfanatic person any worse than his/her statement about shafting Lance Thompson?

I am fairly sure that in conversation with that person, you will find that they figured Thompson is full of 'heart' because he started at St George as a 15 year old, played his whole career there, and never stopped trying on the field.

Most people will probably decide that the concept of 'heart' has a lot to do with passion for the jersey that they wear and love for the club they represent.

My point is that if Roosterfanatic from NRL Rant thinks Lance Thompson had so much love and passion and 'heart' for the Dragons jersey that he decided to go and play for our number one enemy, then I am well within my rights to say that I cannot find one player at the Roosters who fits the bill.

After all, if a player who has played his whole career at one club can then go and play for that club's most hated arch rival, then what hope does a player have who has come to the Roosters after playing for about three different clubs already?

Then again, you are arguing in terms of effort on the field, so I hardly think that any player can be accused of not having heart, except Braith Anasta. Everyone else tries their hardest for the full 80 minutes. You guys have just been unlucky enough to get the only player in the NRL who gives up when the chips are down.
Robert nothing you have said here mitigates the points I made concerning the Roosters heart, I also do not see the need to bring into this discussion comments made by a member on another forum of which I have not seen the whole discussion. My post had no direct correlation to your discussion of Lance Thompson with Roosterfanatic, from my point of view both of you are incorrect in your arguments concerning the “heart” or “spirit” of a team. You are well within your rights to argue and believe whatever you see fit but ultimately that does not make your beliefs any less erroneous. However, sadly Robert the incoherency and prejudice of your post is exemplified by your last paragraph. Dripping with causticity and scorn you deride the performance and effort of a player, who the Roosters have signed, without any basis whatsoever. You have no right nor should you question the effort of a player when you know nothing about their potential or performance.

DRAGONZ said:
A move by the Sydney Roosters to take legal action against the NRL if the salary cap is not increased in 2005 has been labelled by other clubs as selfish, arrogant and even a threat to the game's existence as a genuine competition.

Lawyers acting for the Roosters sent the NRL a letter two weeks ago stating that the club would be forced to take action in the Federal Court if the NRL failed to lift the cap from the current $3.25 million.

The rest can be found at http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/21/1071941616278.html?from=storyrhs

I guess that one ties in with both the 1 and 3 .. and before you say that the Dragons are also in that article, I'll supply the necessary quote from it:
"I spoke in favour of concessions for locally developed players and long-serving players," Doust said yesterday.
Robert, it puzzles me greatly that you would on the one hand claim that I have a short or selective memory, but on the other hand use ONE example of a complaint to supposedly illustrate the Roosters being serial and persistent whingers. Once again you have not disproved my point concerning the claim of the Roosters being the biggest whingers. Like “heart”, whinging is unquantifiable, it cannot be measured, its level between clubs cannot be compared. I’m sure there are many cases throughout all clubs history where they have demanded something untenable or acted in a way not becoming of the club, however this does not brand them as whingers. We could sit here all day dragging up past situations and articles in which clubs have said or done something that, from our present perspective, look unfavourable but it proves nothing. If you persist with this line of argument then I am well within my rights to brand the Dragons as whingers, but it will be just as hollow a claim as yours about the Roosters. Finally, I will reiterate what i said previously:
Ultimately if we are going to be trite about it I shall just claim that the Roosters and their followers are the biggest whingers because they are the most passionate about their team. But then we’d be getting into intangibles again.

I am impressed by your research Robert and I thank you for your comments, but frankly none of it is relevant.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hahaha, this stuffs funny. Every team has flaws and all teams flaws could be exploited, its just that the roosters are the most hated on this board so their 'flaws' are constantly brought to our attention. I dont think anyone can complain about this stuff, if your clubs could recieve the so called special previsions everyone is mentioning none of you would hesitate for a second. So give the roosters a break. With the way things are looking they will be lucky to make the 8 this year because they need time to mould....

...And as for the Sharks: We will win the premiereship, but ironically, i will be out of the country and will not realise and we will never win another premiership again :(

HSC
Random_87 said:
Hahaha, this stuffs funny. Every team has flaws and all teams flaws could be exploited, its just that the roosters are the most hated on this board so their 'flaws' are constantly brought to our attention. I dont think anyone can complain about this stuff, if your clubs could recieve the so called special previsions everyone is mentioning none of you would hesitate for a second. So give the roosters a break. With the way things are looking they will be lucky to make the 8 this year because they need time to mould....

...And as for the Sharks: We will win the premiereship, but ironically, i will be out of the country and will not realise and we will never win another premiership again :(
Yeah, this is funny! :)

To a couple of you, the Roosters are the most hated team, but to others, the Roosters are the most loved team.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Yeah, this is funny! :)

To a couple of you, the Roosters are the most hated team, but to others, the Roosters are the most loved team.
Honey, I understand that you are in Year 10 and all that, but is there any chance that you could come up with a meaningful post? Like .. even just once?

Anyway ..

So many people who support the Roosters reckon that the hatred they receive is because they have become a victim of their success.

In 1999, Melbourne Storm won the Premiership. The only people who then hated them/disliked them more were Dragons fans. Noone else really gave a stuff.

In 2000, Brisbane Broncos won. Only Roosters fans disliked them more. Noone else really gave a stuff.

In 2001, Newcastle Knights won. Eels fans hated them. Everyone else fell in love with them.

In 2002, Sydney Roosters won. I have no idea how the Warriors supporters reacted to it. Noone else really gave a stuff.

In 2003, Penrith Panthers won. Roosters fans probably disliked the Panthers more, but everyone else liked them more.

In 2004, Canterbury Bulldogs won. Everyone else hated both of these clubs already, but they enjoyed a thoroughly entertaining and high quality game. Roosters and Bulldogs fans hate each other with a passion.

In 2005, Wests Tigers won. Cowboys fans were just happy to make the Grand Final. Dragons fans started hating the Tigers. Everyone else fell in love with them.

There you go. In three cases, the NRL community as a whole liked the team more for winning.

Particularly, I focus on Newcastle, because they have, like the Roosters, been consistently successful over the last decade. However, their success has not led to hate from NRL supporters, but rather admiration and, I daresay, a soft spot for the Novocastrians.

So there must be more to it than success for the Roosters .. who would've thought?

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Honey, I understand that you are in Year 10 and all that, but is there any chance that you could come up with a meaningful post? Like .. even just once?

Anyway ..

So many people who support the Roosters reckon that the hatred they receive is because they have become a victim of their success.

In 1999, Melbourne Storm won the Premiership. The only people who then hated them/disliked them more were Dragons fans. Noone else really gave a stuff.

In 2000, Brisbane Broncos won. Only Roosters fans disliked them more. Noone else really gave a stuff.

In 2001, Newcastle Knights won. Eels fans hated them. Everyone else fell in love with them.

In 2002, Sydney Roosters won. I have no idea how the Warriors supporters reacted to it. Noone else really gave a stuff.

In 2003, Penrith Panthers won. Roosters fans probably disliked the Panthers more, but everyone else liked them more.

In 2004, Canterbury Bulldogs won. Everyone else hated both of these clubs already, but they enjoyed a thoroughly entertaining and high quality game. Roosters and Bulldogs fans hate each other with a passion.

In 2005, Wests Tigers won. Cowboys fans were just happy to make the Grand Final. Dragons fans started hating the Tigers. Everyone else fell in love with them.

There you go. In three cases, the NRL community as a whole liked the team more for winning.

Particularly, I focus on Newcastle, because they have, like the Roosters, been consistently successful over the last decade. However, their success has not led to hate from NRL supporters, but rather admiration and, I daresay, a soft spot for the Novocastrians.

So there must be more to it than success for the Roosters .. who would've thought?
Robert, don't patronise Megan it doesn't become you. Your selective memory surprises and shocks me. The Roosters have been much more succesful in the past 6 years, when the hatred has really developed, than the Knights, Brisbane, Penrith or Melbourne. More disturbing to me is the fact that you make sweeping generalisations with no evidence to support them:
"Everyone else fell in love with them."
I must say this is not funny at all, as you should all know, the Internet is serious fucking business

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Brogan, I reckon we should agree to disagree.

I'll make this one short, lol.

First off, if you can't see how Politis giving Morley a car as a fringe benefit is not an INTENTIONAL breach of the salary cap, then the curse of ignorance has seemingly befallen the both of us. And damn straight it pales in comparison to what the Bulldogs did. Probably any other salary cap cheating to occur in future will as well.

The part about heart, passion and committment is too difficult to argue because, as you said, the concepts are intangible and cannot be measured.

However, regarding Braith Anasta, watch the Bulldogs matches in 2005. You will see that when he had something to play for (that being a contract in 2006), he was awesome. His selection in SOO II was a bit shady, but he completely justified it through his performance, and rightly deserved his selection for Origin III. Then, once he had his playing future sorted out, his performances nosedived.

Seriously, watch some of the matches again and you will see. When the Bulldogs needed him to fire if they were to have any chance of making the Finals, he totally failed to deliver.

Catch a closer look at the matches where the Dogs were consecutively beaten by 50. I think Parra and Wests were the two teams. This microcosm totally highlights my case in point which, in this situation, is that as soon as Anasta saw the game was lost, he gave up. GAVE UP. Then have a look at the performance of the terrible fullback for those couple of matches. Can't remember his name. But even down by 40, he kept running and chasing and tackling (well, trying to tackle). I think therein lies a considerable difference between the two players in that intangible concept known as 'heart'.

And then lastly, about the complaining thing, I realised the irony that I was only posting one example, hehe, but I couldn't be screwed looking for anything. I came across that one while I was looking for the article about the salary cap, so I just used it. To go into slightly more depth, I'd be talking about more stuff like Ricky Stuart's continual outbursts.

But anyway, like I said straight away, we shall agree to disagree!

HSC
RanyofuKenyan? said:
Robert, don't patronise Megan it doesn't become you. Your selective memory surprises and shocks me. The Roosters have been much more succesful in the past 6 years, when the hatred has really developed, than the Knights, Brisbane, Penrith or Melbourne. More disturbing to me is the fact that you make sweeping generalisations with no evidence to support them:
"Everyone else fell in love with them."
I must say this is not funny at all, as you should all know, the Internet is serious fucking business
I noticed those "generalisations" too. Hahaha, I wouldn't call the internet serious though.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Haha definitely.

Even the Anasta of Rounds 20 - 26 in 2005 is better than Finch.

6. Anasta
7. Soward
13. Harrison

Finch can either go back to the bench or into Premier League.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Megan, dear, I realise you're in Year 10, but make a post that has a point. Such as this following clarifying one.

[size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size]
[size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size]
[size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size][size=+5]ROOSTERS = CHEATS [/size]

And brogan, dont come back with some bullshit. As smart as you may be, your goddamn arguments are like that of George Bush's arguments for war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)