NRL Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
How great did Souths play today? They don't get much publicity but they are always unlucky during the season. Minichello, Fletcher (who I've seen at UWS Blacktown afew time) and particularly Joe Williams were really impressive. They don't have the big 'stars' but they have solid performances from their player week in and week out.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well its not hard to roll over the top of a hapless knights team. biggest upset must be dragons over manly though. never thought i would ever say that.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
blackfriday said:
well its not hard to roll over the top of a hapless knights team. biggest upset must be dragons over manly though. never thought i would ever say that.
Knights are getting what they deserve for thinking Johns come back and they could win every game without having anyone else that's any good.

Dragons weren't that big of an upset, they aren't half bad if they can get it right which they haven't been doing lately. But you'd be crazy to tip them when they have been going so bad, so I guess its kind of an upset that way.

HSC
UP THE BUNNIES!!! We played a good game 2day, still areas to improve on but we showed that we can put up a fight and next week wit panthers 2 main forwards out we're looking a good chance

COME ON BOYS GOOO THE BUNNNIESSS

*mel*

lourai*87 said:
See the little green box in the blue part under your name? Well when you say something nice or helpful or whatever, people give you reputation and it builds up. THats why some people have lots of green boxes...

Oooh i get ya... so I have like 31 rep points... Oooh this is cool! Who are the people that give u reputation.

Sorry this has nothing to do with footy. Ummm... I feel sorry for the Knights!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Oooh i get ya... so I have like 31 rep points... Oooh this is cool! Who are the people that give u reputation.

Everyone can give them. If you want to give someone rep points you click the scales under their name on the left of their post and you can enter a comment if you like. The more rep points someone has the more they give you.

*mel*

iamsickofyear12 said:
Knights are getting what they deserve for thinking Johns come back and they could win every game without having anyone else that's any good.

Dragons weren't that big of an upset, they aren't half bad if they can get it right which they haven't been doing lately. But you'd be crazy to tip them when they have been going so bad, so I guess its kind of an upset that way.

Hey yeah they did let a lot of players go didn't they? Like Tahu. Wasn't there like a good partnership or something with him and Gidley?
The Knights used to be a one man team... what can we say now? They're not even a team? Nah i hope they win soon.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
**MeL**88 said:

Maybe I should have also mentioned, you can't give rep points until you get 50 posts, your rep is still counted though.

*mel*

iamsickofyear12 said:
Maybe I should have also mentioned, you can't give rep points until you get 50 posts, your rep is still counted though.

Yes maybe you should have! Lol oh well i'll just keep posting and posting and posting.
Back to footy... I miss Brad Fittler. We need him back!

Jiga

ur still an idiot
That comes from a Doggies supporter, howd you's go the other week -> My team does my talking!!!

As for Sharks and dragons etc, it was widely 'accepted' on this forum that the Sharks were no chance of making the top 8, and now we see them in number 2, and they havent even played that well (They've either played poorly defensively or made heaps of errors even when they've won). I said b4 the season to the non-believers that the sharks would be a force, only to be knocked for it, and its funny how the tables turn.

GO THE SHARKS!

On other topics, the Knights are wooden spooners for sure! I made a wrong decision ther, I thought Canberra would be as they had lost so many players and gained nothing big, but look how wrong I was. As for Souths, geez, they beat Knights today and every1 was acting as if they beat a decent team, congrats but Panthers will slaughter them next week. The Eels are a side who many had tipped as top 4, and they are not even gonna make the 8, why they got rid of Witt I had no idea.

N e ways, sharks have the bye this week, so we shoudl remain up ther, and then we played the Bronco's that will be a great game!!!!!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
That comes from a Doggies supporter, howd you's go the other week -> My team does my talking!!!

As for Sharks and dragons etc, it was widely 'accepted' on this forum that the Sharks were no chance of making the top 8, and now we see them in number 2, and they havent even played that well (They've either played poorly defensively or made heaps of errors even when they've won). I said b4 the season to the non-believers that the sharks would be a force, only to be knocked for it, and its funny how the tables turn.

GO THE SHARKS!

On other topics, the Knights are wooden spooners for sure! I made a wrong decision ther, I thought Canberra would be as they had lost so many players and gained nothing big, but look how wrong I was. As for Souths, geez, they beat Knights today and every1 was acting as if they beat a decent team, congrats but Panthers will slaughter them next week. The Eels are a side who many had tipped as top 4, and they are not even gonna make the 8, why they got rid of Witt I had no idea.

N e ways, sharks have the bye this week, so we shoudl remain up ther, and then we played the Bronco's that will be a great game!!!!!!!
I don't think Raiders have a bad team, although thats what people have been saying. Eels have an awesome side and when they get it right they will dominate.

*mel*

iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't think Raiders have a bad team, although thats what people have been saying. Eels have an awesome side and when they get it right they will dominate.
Yeah that's right. There have been sooooo many changes this year in every team and i reckon that it'll take a while for everyone to settle in and figure everything out.

Boo_

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Hey yeah they did let a lot of players go didn't they? Like Tahu. Wasn't there like a good partnership or something with him and Gidley?
The Knights used to be a one man team... what can we say now? They're not even a team? Nah i hope they win soon.
yeah, true dat. mayb they should try and get mundine...then they'll be 'the man' team

mundine should keep boxing...at least someone can smash him legally that way...

**MeL**88 said:
But the knights have 2 points... was that a bye?
yeah, it was.

Jiga

Eels have an awesome side and when they get it right they will dominate.
I dont think they will get it right. IMO they key problem is their number 7, Tim Smith. The #7 controls the team and is an important part of the team, but being so young hes gonna be inconsistant, hes no Andrew Johns. I jus cant understand why Brian Smith got rid of Witt, I think hes the reason why Manly are on fire currently.

As for Mundine, I cant w8 till hes back, hopefully he goes to the roosters. He hasnt played in 5 years, hes gonna get hammered. It will jus be another wasted buy for the Roosters, A Firman/Finch combination would always be betta then a Mindine/Finch one.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Selectors have named the squad to take on NZL.
www.nrl.com/news.cfm?ID=11007

Luke Bailey
Shaun Berrigan
Tonie Carroll
Petero Civoniceva
Craig Fitzgibbon
Craig Gower
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ben Kennedy
Brett Kimmorley
Luke Lewis
Darren Lockyer
Anthony Minichiello
Mark O’Meley
Steve Price
Luke Priddis
Luke Rooney
Andrew Ryan
Jason Ryles
Matt Sing
Billy Slater
Willie Tonga
Trent Waterhouse
Craig Wing

Notable Omissions :
WHESSER - Why not? him and slater are the inform fullbacks, though susceptible under the high ball.
Matt King
Steven Bell
Matty Bowen
Carl Webb

*mel*

Nah how can you go past Minichiello!?? He's a machine! There are actually heaps of great fullbacks ey? Like heaps of the standout players are fullbacks. Don't u reckon?

*mel*

Boo_ said:
yeah, true dat. mayb they should try and get mundine...then they'll be 'the man' team

mundine should keep boxing...at least someone can smash him legally that way...
LOL!! The man team! That's funny

Jiga

Some INTERESTING selections their. Like Tonga, hes been playing like crap. And O'Meley, its meant to be based on CURRENT FORM, he hasnt played for like 4 matches! I also would have thought Paul Gallen from the sharks would make the squad, hes like 2nd behind Fitzgibbon in tackles!!

On another note, jus looked at the the table, sharks are the only top 4 team to have played 5 matches, jsut an interesing thing to note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)