• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richz

iamsickofyear12 said:
I went for Raiders and Broncos this week because I thought they were going to win and cheering against who I tipped for is stupid. Living in Sydney has nothing to do with it.

I don't even have a team that I go for anymore. I used to go for the sharks, but they got really shit for a couple of years and I got sick of watching them lose. Now I go for whoever I tip.

Roosters have a good team on paper but for some reason they just can't get it together. But if they get it right they will do awesome, same goes for the eels.
you are rite abt the eels, and the roosters. But there is a difference the eels dont put in, Brian smith should be gone, he spent 400k on a winger ie tahu, y not spend it on a quality halfback. Brian's days have past fitzgerald needs to get a new coach!!

richz

My roosters team:
1.Mini
2 Roberts
3. Cross
4. Perett
5. Monaghan
6. Firman
7. FInch
8. CAyless
9. WIng
10. Tupou
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Morley
13. Ricketson

14. Catic
15. Fa aoso
16. Webb
17. Flannery

thats wat i would recomend to stuart

*mel*

xrtzx said:
My roosters team:
1.Mini
2 Roberts
3. Cross
4. Perett
5. Monaghan
6. Firman
7. FInch
8. CAyless
9. WIng
10. Tupou
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Morley
13. Ricketson

14. Catic
15. Fa aoso
16. Webb
17. Flannery

thats wat i would recomend to stuart
That sounds pretty darn good, but u know that Soliola dude is pretty good too. Maybe slip him in somewhere.
Don't you wish Fittler was back? He just does something to the team....

richz

ya if he isnt injured, i discounted him becuase his injured, and yes i wish freddy was back in the team.

By the way reading the newspaper today, i saw the roosters were interested in mundine, lol thats a joke. Mundine is crap, he thinks his 'The man.'

*mel*

xrtzx said:
telstra stadium
Telstra stadium's in sydney right? ooh i wanna go!! Sterlo said that there are about 20000 tickets left, but origin 3 is sold out.
I wanna go i wanna go!! Wouldn't it be nice to go to origin?

T

timbk2

who wouldnt thought at the start of the season the bottom 5 clubs would be...

bulldogs
roosters
eels
dragons
knights

lol. this'll be one heck of an interesting season

*mel*

xrtzx said:
ya if he isnt injured, i discounted him becuase his injured, and yes i wish freddy was back in the team.

By the way reading the newspaper today, i saw the roosters were interested in mundine, lol thats a joke. Mundine is crap, he thinks his 'The man.'
OMG i know what a joke!! They'd have to be nuts to get him. But when I was listening to the game today, Roosters do have a five eighth problem. Craig Wing was playing five eighth instead of being at dummy half where he is heaps better. But Mundine - no way! Eww he makes me sick... "It'll be like... the ressurection... of the man!"

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Bum....strong words. You must be like the 'others' who had written the Sharks off b4 the season. Let me see - Sharks beat Last years premiers, sharks beat a team ppl think were going to be Premiers -> I think we have a very good chance thanks. I should have really refrased that to THRASHED both sides to, because we convingingly beat the dogs and were only stopped from smashing them by the 33 deg heat, and we today slaughtered the cowgirls.

The other contenders for the Premiership currently are Manly, who I dont rate, they did beat us but without like 4 key players and Canberra, who have really only played ordinary sides.

THis all = We have a chance!!!
Schoolies_2004 said:
Id say 1 in 4. Currently we are 2nd, behind a team (Canberra) who has already had a bye and played the likes of the Knights, so we are really like 1st!!!

We havent even played that good yet either, our defence obviously has been excellant, but attacking wise, I dont kno if any of you's have watched the Sharks vs Dogs and the Cowgirls, but we made way to many errors .If we can cut these down, then Id say we have the Premiership rapped up!!!!!!!!!

On another positive note, Shark park has once again re-entered the Fortress phase, where no team can beat us at home!!

N e ways, Go the sharks!! And unfortunately, go the Roosters against Canberra!!!
Good to see that in such an unpredictable competition there are some things that you can depend on as they never change.

You're still an idiot.

T

timbk2

nah. rep points are for rewarding helpful members of this forum, not good tipsters. We have an Oztips nrl comp. for boredofstudies, but there are no prizes in that.

Jiga

Good to see that in such an unpredictable competition there are some things that you can depend on as they never change.

You're still an idiot.
Coming from someone who had the Dragons tipped in the top 2 and the Sharks as wooden spooners, ok, your credible champ........

The comp isnt that unpredictable, its jus hype. Like Roosters for instance, it isnt 'unpredictable' they got beaten by Canberra, Roosters are crap this year, the problem is every1 is thinkin they are the same team as the past 3 years and as a result expect the same.

The only other unsual thing is the doggies goin bad, but wif the injuries theyve had, thats easily expalined

the rest of the teams are even, and thats y its hard to tip!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
what are rep points?
See the little green box in the blue part under your name? Well when you say something nice or helpful or whatever, people give you reputation and it builds up. THats why some people have lots of green boxes...

timbk2 said:
nah. rep points are for rewarding helpful members of this forum, not good tipsters. We have an Oztips nrl comp. for boredofstudies, but there are no prizes in that.
Ah k no prob

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The roosters just need to get a combination going and stick with it. Their half and five-eigth have been different every week. And they spent all that money on firman and he's in reserve grade. But I hate the roosters so I hope they continue to lose.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Coming from someone who had the Dragons tipped in the top 2 and the Sharks as wooden spooners, ok, your credible champ........

The comp isnt that unpredictable, its jus hype. Like Roosters for instance, it isnt 'unpredictable' they got beaten by Canberra, Roosters are crap this year, the problem is every1 is thinkin they are the same team as the past 3 years and as a result expect the same.

The only other unsual thing is the doggies goin bad, but wif the injuries theyve had, thats easily expalined

the rest of the teams are even, and thats y its hard to tip!
ur still an idiot

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Lol... you're not serious right? I said Sharks were a fringe top 8 side and I stick by that.. you got offended and claimed everyone should declare them genuine premiership contenders... noone agreed and I doubt many agree now.

As for Saints... I don't remember what position I predicted... though I do remember saying they should be up there as in definitely top 4 and on the back of that thought this would be the year they brought it together and therefore the top 2. Though at the same time there was a feeling that this season would consist of similar undarchieving as previous seasons... especially due to injuries which were still around.

However I didn't expect our start to be quite so bad and this could actually be a blessing... as in instead of the same old shit Saints have been producing for 6 seasons they have been forced to do some soul searching and come together as a team. It wouldn't surprise me seeing them win the next 5 games, however as always this really depends on injuries. Finally though they are playing as a team and for each other, and (touch wood) put all the personal issues behind them. Not to mention a full strength squad barring Coops.

Saints top 8 certainties and pushing hard for the top 4... heard it here first! Don't expect others to agree but I'd say I've watched them closer than most. They'll be there come September and depending on injuries will be really pushing and up there with the top sides.

Last edited:

Boo_

HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
However I didn't expect our start to be quite so bad and this could actually be a blessing... as in instead of the same old shit Saints have been producing for 6 seasons they have been forced to do some soul searching and come together as a team. It wouldn't surprise me seeing them win the next 5 games, however as always this really depends on injuries. Finally though they are playing as a team and for each other, and (touch wood) put all the personal issues behind them. Not to mention a full strength squad barring Coops.

Saints top 8 certainties and pushing hard for the top 4... heard it here first! Don't expect others to agree but I'd say I've watched them closer than most. They'll be there come September and depending on injuries will be really pushing and up there with the top sides.
ur normally able to count on dragons to play better then usual round september. and this start is realli bad, but if they can keep up the winning, and keep the opposing side to less then 10 pts then things will be looking good. but -50something after 5 rounds is realli bad.

im hoping for a top 8 finsih by them, and i would be surprised if they dnt, theyeve made the top8 every year (bar 1) sinve the merger and they should do it again. top4, while a possibility, their way to inconsistant, though they did come close last year, only to lose by one point due to a slow game start (which they carried over to this season).

and even a top2 mite be asking to much of them. but hey, im always optimistic, and it would be really good if they can make a top2 finish after this extremelly bad start to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)