NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
roosters builds and develops talent - ofcourse they would have less local junior considering that the inner city area junior competition will always be weaker than those out in the surburbia like penriths.... while canberra has a whole city, brisbane has a whole state, nz has a whole country..., roosters has brought many a no-name to stardom

noones heard of minichello, hegarty, cross, cusacks, flannery, tupou, crocker, s webb, bonnetti, lomu etc before, the younger players like soliola, hannent, perret, the paeas will surely develop following those before them, fitzgibbon, j cayless,wing, finch have improved leaps and bounds since joining the roosters and have become representative players, others like robinson, kidwell, grothe, payton has also improved alot before moving on...

ok fitler is already a star when he joined, but he's played 200 games with us since and came to epitomise the club since 96, morley's a pom, so he doesnt really count :D. hodges is a dickhead so we are glad he went back to brisbane, walker joined because he was unhappy at souths and wanted to join the roosters at a huge discount, its not like we poached him. amos roberts and monaghan are both quality players but remember neither played representative football while the blokes they replaced, ie hodges and hegarty, did. faaoso was also consistently on the bench at penriths, mullins wouldve retired anyway.... anyways this post is already way too long /end rant.

on the custom status thing, you must :
1. be here for a very long time, OR
2. have enough posts, OR
3. have enough reputation, OR
4. be a moderator

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
But Roosters do have local talent! Minichiello, for one, is amazing i reckon and has always been at Roosters. Fittler u could have pretty much called local talent coz he went to the Roosters before their 'glory days'. Ricketson has been there forever! Michael Crocker has had no previous clubs and neither has Ryan Cross who is in great form this year. Morley came straight from England. Craig Wing came from Souths after they were dismantled for a few years. And there's heaps of rising talent such as Tupou and Soliola.

So please don't try to tell me that Roosters have no local talent!
The only player there who's a local is Ricketson

richz

yes that is true but the roosters look for the players and they develop them. Arthy beetson the champ, is the best judge of quality players.

Jiga

OMG Roosters develop local talent, whats next on these forums, Souths will win the comp, your kiddin yourself. The Roosters buy out young players!! Just because the Roosters cited some good footballer at another club at a young age, used their financial powers to lure/steal him to the scum, doesnt mean their 'local talent'. Tell me the demographic of the Roosters clubs area!?!?!? Hardly a Rugby League location aye? If their so much 'local talent' why do they have to go over the salary cap and purcahse players from other clubs for their 1st grade side?

The teams that develop talent are the Broncos, Dogs, Dragons and to a lesser extent the Sharks. We currently have in our side Matt Hilder, Sam Isemonger, Adam Dykes jus to name a few local players. There are more, jus cant remember their names. So yea, Roosters have local talent, pffft.

0Jade0

HSC
Now the complaining starts when we take no-name players that your junior clubs couldn't give a shit about and turn them into 1st grade players. Do you know how much work gets put into those boys? These guys have minds of their own so if they want to come to a good club what's the problem.
Fucking excuse me but Braith Anasta went to Marcillien (eastern fucking suburbs school). Why aren't you people bitching about the Bulldogs stealing him?
Also, Minichiello may have grown up in liverpool but he was a Roosters jr.
And another thing, What is with you people and your hatred of people better off than you. The tall poppy syndrome. Sorry if the eastern suburbs demographics means that the local boys go to private rugby schools.... suck it up. Sorry that we aren't little aussie battlers.
I'm sorry that we like our lattes (and I don't see how that is an insult...latte sippers...)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Omg im so blonde! Duhhhh Anzac day match is on Anzac day.... :)
i would personally like 2 congratulate u on this outstanding achievement of brilliance and higher level intelligence :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i never mentioned they were local talent... seriously wtf is the difference, its a simple demad and suplpy thing, clubs like penriths with huge local junior system cant afford to develop all of them. kids on the goldcoast dun have a club to goto if bennett says "nah". there will always be those that are left out, so do you think those kids who really wants to make it will be happy they remain languished or that they get a chanced to develop. developing talent is as miuch work as haveing kids at a local comp... u dun just put a ball in a kids hand and turn around 2 years later and go shit maybe if i pay him 100000 bucks a year he will play origin.

edit:
seriously roosters isnt the only club, eg. parra is like the epitome of stupidity - tonga, cayless, schifcoske, and many others that were hugely under used and under developed at the club rose rapidly elsewhere- while they did do quite well with certain other players, though some of them only went halfway (look at 2001 ...so much potential), u have a coach that drives them out (*cough* lyon) - then spend the big bucks to get established stars elsewhere to cover for it - do you blame players leaving such a shitty environment for a better structured club

Last edited:

richz

Constip8edSkunk said:
seriously roosters isnt the only club, eg. parra is like the epitome of stupidity - tonga, cayless, schifcoske, and many others that were hugely under used and under developed at the club rose rapidly elsewhere- while they did do quite well with certain other players, though some of them only went halfway (look at 2001 ...so much potential), u have a coach that drives them out (*cough* lyon) - then spend the big bucks to get established stars elsewhere to cover for it - do you blame players leaving such a shitty environment for a better structured club
man as they all say brian smith sells his players and when they develop into quality players, he buys them back. ie. chad robinson (where is he now, was a regular bench player for the roosters now goone), PJ marsh and wade mckinnon. Watch him, he'll prolly buy back michael witt, pat richards and brett hodgeson. He is a half wit and shouldnt even be a coach. He hasnt won any comps and fitzy still has faith in him. His days have past, since 01 when they lost the gf, he hasnt come up with any good ideas. I'll just say one thing, the eels, will be the wooden spooners for the next few yrs if brian smith is at the helm.

*mel*

0Jade0 said:
Now the complaining starts when we take no-name players that your junior clubs couldn't give a shit about and turn them into 1st grade players. Do you know how much work gets put into those boys? These guys have minds of their own so if they want to come to a good club what's the problem.
Fucking excuse me but Braith Anasta went to Marcillien (eastern fucking suburbs school). Why aren't you people bitching about the Bulldogs stealing him?
Also, Minichiello may have grown up in liverpool but he was a Roosters jr.
And another thing, What is with you people and your hatred of people better off than you. The tall poppy syndrome. Sorry if the eastern suburbs demographics means that the local boys go to private rugby schools.... suck it up. Sorry that we aren't little aussie battlers.
I'm sorry that we like our lattes (and I don't see how that is an insult...latte sippers...)

Exactly!! Do you really think Roosters go and 'steal' players. What are the players? Braindead? Most of them want to go to the Roosters because they have such a great name and are priveleged to have the Roosters interested in them!

And as if every other single club is only made up of local talent! Let's look at the oh so precious saints that many ppl love here. Colin Best, Willie Manu and Clint Greenshields have all been 'bought' to name a few... so can u say that saints are only made up local talent?

Last edited by a moderator:

*mel*

braad said:
i would personally like 2 congratulate u on this outstanding achievement of brilliance and higher level intelligence :)

Thankyou dear! I knew someone would eventually see the intelligence in me, and my continued witty posts, i.e. Anzac day one, just make me shine... :D thanks braddy!

Jiga

when we take no-name players that your junior clubs couldn't give a shit about and turn them into 1st grade players
Not really, the sharks hold on to MOST local juniors, so that doesnt apply to us.

What is with you people and your hatred of people better off than you. The tall poppy syndrome. Sorry if the eastern suburbs demographics means that the local boys go to private rugby schools.... suck it up. Sorry that we aren't little aussie battlers.
That also doesnt apply to me, Sutherland shits over the easter suburbs in every possible aspect.

Exactly!! Do you really think Roosters go and 'steal' players. What are the players? Braindead? Most of them want to go to the Roosters because they have such a great name and are priveleged to have the Roosters interested in them!

And as if every other single club is only made up of local talent! Let's look at the oh so precious saints that many ppl love here. Colin Best, Willie Manu and Clint Greenshields have all been 'bought' to name a few... so can u say that saints are only made up local talent?
They dont go to the Roosters cos of the name, they go their because of the $$$. They have shitloads of money from winning comps, that thing happens when your grossly over the salary cap. As for other clubs and local talent, its quite OBVIOUS no side has alll locals. But the thing is, Roosters have like 0.1% locals, teams like St George actually do develop local talent.

On the topic of the salary, dogs along with other clubs hav been found to be over it AGAIN. Funny thing, all the teams over the cap aernt even in the top 8!!!!!

0Jade0

HSC
No, actually they might go because they want to win a first grade grand final.... Which has happened when for the sharks?

*mel*

Schoolies_2004 said:
They dont go to the Roosters cos of the name, they go their because of the $$$

So they are the selfish ones. They want to go to a club that can pay them more. What should the Roosters apologise for using their money wisely?

richz

o ok they go 2 the roosters 4 $$$$$$$ but the roosters once werent such a successful club as it was now, hence they wouldnt have much money, how did they get quality players to develop their squad during that time?????????

*mel*

xrtzx said:
o ok they go 2 the roosters 4 $$$$$$$ but the roosters once werent such a successful club as it was now, hence they wouldnt have much money, how did they get quality players to develop their squad during that time?????????
Excellent point :D

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
The Dogs might be well over the salary cap next year, with the resigning of Williams.

Its a shame that the Dogs will only get slapped a $100K fine.

0Jade0

HSC
Yes, Roosters, Dragon and Parra are the other teams I remember hearing.

edit...ok no...Parra... Penrith (out west... with a P.... somehow similar.)

Last edited:

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
It's Bulldogs, Roosters, Dragons, Penrith and Storm. I'm actually shocked they didn't just pin it all on us again.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Storm were fined $120,000 for breaches relating to third party contracts over the past four years.
Bulldogs were fined $72,000
Dragons were fined $32,286
Penrith and Sydney Roosters were both fined $25,000 each

not exactly sure about the details tho, no clubs has responded as of yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)