NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
i reckon hunt should play for the kiwis... too bad he's being brainwashed by bennet. its not like he'll be the maroons fullback with wesser and slater ahead of him, i'd even rate schifcosfske ahead of him....
i would like that, rather than use brent webb whos not even kiwi, or david vaieleki who's over rated. the halves look shakey for us, both players under 25(marshall,ropati or leuleui, maybe hohaiha.

i'm conceiding defeat this anzac test, especially with sonny bill out and asotasi, mautuia unfit.

Last edited:

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
gordo said:
u'd pick whesser before mini or slater?? ..
Yeah, I would. Slater is good with the ball, but gets rattled really easily and sometimes isn't that great in defence. I haven't seen Minichiello much this season, which is why I'd go with Whesser. I could say I'd go with Patten, but haha, he sucks.

Hunt should totally play for the Kiwis. He'll never get a start as Brisbane fullback, and if they chose him over Whesser, Slater or Schifcofske based on form something's seriously wrong.

I don't get why Lewis is the 23 man squad. I'm actually a big fan of him but damn, he's a crappy defender (IMO of course).

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
the selection board are totally out of touch. there are so many players who dont deserve to be there, based on form.

Boo_

HSC
copious said:
the selection board are totally out of touch. there are so many players who dont deserve to be there, based on form.
i totally agree. i think their trying more for attendance with the big names of league. rather then on the form of hte players.

*mel*

xrtzx said:
And guess where did these guys originally came from, the roosters! I dont know why people hate the roosters :(

The roosters have a quality team, i believe in Brett Firman, i think ricky should give him more chances and if that doesnt work, bring in the wiz kid JAMIE SOWARD (aka Next freddy!!)

Talking about the eels, my predictions are that they will be receiving something, by mail this year ........... the WOODEN SPOON! good work fitzy!!

Jamie Soward... i've heard that name before. Did he play in one of the school matches that was on tv. Was he one of the captains? I really can't memba...

And yeah why do ppl hate roosters?? They're the best! I reckon it's just coz they've been doing so well that past few years. I mean, have u seen anyone hate manly (who were crap before this year)?

*mel*

xrtzx said:
even though i hate the dragons, i will always back them (except against the roosters). They have a classy outfit and i believe they will win the comp. The problem is that sometimes they just dont put in and players are always out. But with their best team they can do anything. Cant wait till the anzac day game, up the roosters!!!!!!!!!!

Omg anzac day game!!! That should be a tops game! When's it on?

And is Flannery seriously looking around?? Noo.... he's always been a Rooster. Yep they don't give him enough credit ey?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Omg anzac day game!!! That should be a tops game! When's it on?

And is Flannery seriously looking around?? Noo.... he's always been a Rooster. Yep they don't give him enough credit ey?
uh anzac day... lol.. yeah the word is that flnnery in all likelihood will wait after the june31st before signing...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Weakest lineup in years, halves are so weak. -_-

Kiwis: Louis Anderson, Roy Asotasi, Jason Cayless, Alex Chan, Sione Faumuina, Dene Halatau, Bronson Harrison, Lance Hohaia, David Kidwell, Wairangi Koopu, Thomas Leuluai, Jamaal Lolesi, Benji Marshall, Frank Pritchard, Paul Rauhihi, Jerome Ropati, Clinton Toopi, Matt Utai, Nigel Vagana, Brent Webb, Paul Whatuira, Ruben Wiki.

0Jade0

HSC
I got so pissed off this morning. Natalie Barr from 7 news going on and on about how only 3 players in the Aussie squad are from teams in the top 5.... Well bitch bitch bitch. So what 1 good player is meant to carry the whole team? Oh i'm sorry lets have a shit player from the no1 team to make you happy!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Copius - i havnt even heard of half those ppl......

Hehehe, thats what knights supporters hoped would happen. Meh, sure proved that theory wrong! As have the bulldogs of late, For interest, how many ppl in the Aus or NZ side for test are actually from the no 1 team atm in the league?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Jamie Soward... i've heard that name before. Did he play in one of the school matches that was on tv. Was he one of the captains? I really can't memba...

And yeah why do ppl hate roosters?? They're the best! I reckon it's just coz they've been doing so well that past few years. I mean, have u seen anyone hate manly (who were crap before this year)?
Jamie Soward was the half-back for the Roosters Jersey Flegg side last year. They won every single match through the season, but then it looked like they would lose the grand final to the Sharks. It went to Golden Point, though, and he potted a field goal from 35 metres.
He created some NRL record for most points in a season. Something like the first player to ever score 300 points in a season or some other outrageous figure like that.
The Roosters are probably just waiting for him to get a little older. And then shift Finch to five-eigth and put Soward in at half. He'll be a gun, that guy.

And why do people hate the Roosters?

Mel, it is the exact same reason that everyone hated Manly in their glory days of the 1990s. They don't have any local talent. They poach from the other clubs because they have the money. Ignoring the fact that their CEO, Nick Politis, is a total idiot, they steal the best players from all the other clubs.

Manly did the exact same thing in the 1990s.

Today, however, the salary cap is supposed to stop this sort of thing from happening. It isn't too hard, however, to pay a player only $100,000 a year and then pay his wife (who is coincidentally some sort of secretary at the club) $400,000 a year. The Roosters find ways of getting around the salary cap, and it's despicable.

Sorry for such a long first post.

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Jamie Soward was the half-back for the Roosters Jersey Flegg side last year. They won every single match through the season, but then it looked like they would lose the grand final to the Sharks. It went to Golden Point, though, and he potted a field goal from 35 metres.
He created some NRL record for most points in a season. Something like the first player to ever score 300 points in a season or some other outrageous figure like that.
The Roosters are probably just waiting for him to get a little older. And then shift Finch to five-eigth and put Soward in at half. He'll be a gun, that guy.

Mel, it is the exact same reason that everyone hated Manly in their glory days of the 1990s. They don't have any local talent. They poach from the other clubs because they have the money. Ignoring the fact that their CEO, Nick Politis, is a total idiot, they steal the best players from all the other clubs.

Today, however, the salary cap is supposed to stop this sort of thing from happening. It isn't too hard, however, to pay a player only $100,000 a year and then pay his wife (who is coincidentally some sort of secretary at the club) $400,000 a year. The Roosters find ways of getting around the salary cap, and it's despicable.

pretty decent for your first post...

the ARL even said they picked the team on reputation rather then form...doesnt give much hope for the players with good form...

*mel*

DRAGONZ said:

Yes congrats - ur first post and u knew how to quote. I had absolutely no idea how to quote until about 2 weeks ago.

But Roosters do have local talent! Minichiello, for one, is amazing i reckon and has always been at Roosters. Fittler u could have pretty much called local talent coz he went to the Roosters before their 'glory days'. Ricketson has been there forever! Michael Crocker has had no previous clubs and neither has Ryan Cross who is in great form this year. Morley came straight from England. Craig Wing came from Souths after they were dismantled for a few years. And there's heaps of rising talent such as Tupou and Soliola.

So please don't try to tell me that Roosters have no local talent!

*mel*

Constip8edSkunk said:
uh anzac day... lol.. yeah the word is that flnnery in all likelihood will wait after the june31st before signing...

Omg im so blonde! Duhhhh Anzac day match is on Anzac day.... :)

*mel*

Omg well problem solved!!!!! And they're thinking about getting Mundine... WHAT's wrong with them!!!!

richz

**off topic** can anyone teach me how to change xrtzx

Member <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------- this into sumthing i want
xrtzx is on a distinguished road

HSC: 2005

0Jade0

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Yes congrats - ur first post and u knew how to quote. I had absolutely no idea how to quote until about 2 weeks ago.

But Roosters do have local talent! Minichiello, for one, is amazing i reckon and has always been at Roosters. Fittler u could have pretty much called local talent coz he went to the Roosters before their 'glory days'. Ricketson has been there forever! Michael Crocker has had no previous clubs and neither has Ryan Cross who is in great form this year. Morley came straight from England. Craig Wing came from Souths after they were dismantled for a few years. And there's heaps of rising talent such as Tupou and Soliola.

So please don't try to tell me that Roosters have no local talent!
Exactly. I am sick of these whining bitches.

*mel*

xrtzx said:
**off topic** can anyone teach me how to change xrtzx

Member <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------- this into sumthing i want
xrtzx is on a distinguished road

HSC: 2005

Nope sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)