NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Im surprised, yet a little dissapointed. I don't know the exact details, but the NRL should really throw the book at teams such as the Roosters and Bulldogs for obvious reasons..

Jiga

0Jade0 said:
No, actually they might go because they want to win a first grade grand final.... Which has happened when for the sharks?
It hasnt happened yet, but thats what happens to the decent clubs. The clubs that dont CHEAT and give back to the community -> Sharks. Anyway, that 'knock' will be old news after this year, heres a tip -> Sharks Premiership Winners 2005

We are prity much top of table now, Canberra have played quality teams like the Knights, Souths etc and have had a bye, meanwhile we've played Dogs, Nth Queensland, Parra, Manly and Panthers - All half decent sides. We lost only to Manly, they were at home, and we didnt have Nutley, Stevens and Kimmorley (3 best players) and we lost another prop during the game, so thats an arguable game. The only real contender is Melbourne, but their away record is crap. Tigers I dont rate, they beat has been roosters, struggled against crappy dogs and beat never ther warriors and got beaten by crappy parra. We are set!

So yea, anyone who is in denail about our potential this year is an idiot!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol theres no one doubting your potential, cronulla definitely has had the potential to win it for over 30 years :p i was rooting for them to beat the broncos that year in super leaue ... its kinda like norths before they went kaput, except at least they won it back in the 20s :p

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
All I have to say is that once Cronulla win the comp, just remember where you heard it first :cool:
Sharks will not win the comp. They don't have the ability to win the important games. Although the competition is pretty tight this year, I still think one of the heavyweight teams will win, either the broncos, roosters, bulldogs, or panthers. Although I have decided I will support the Tigers, cause I like their flashy style of footy.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
oi, dont forget the raiders have beaten the roosters as well.. its the first time in like a billion years that they have lost 3 straight, also we lead the comp in nearly every aspect at the moment.
im sick of people writing off the raiders as a second rate team. although im not gunna be a tool and say the raiders will definitely win the competition,

on another note i was goin through the nrl site, and they have changed their broadcasting obligations, in round ten they are now showing raiders vs sharks on sunday afternoon.. now thats more like like... god bless channel nine

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
It hasnt happened yet, but thats what happens to the decent clubs. The clubs that dont CHEAT and give back to the community -> Sharks. Anyway, that 'knock' will be old news after this year, heres a tip -> Sharks Premiership Winners 2005

We are prity much top of table now, Canberra have played quality teams like the Knights, Souths etc and have had a bye, meanwhile we've played Dogs, Nth Queensland, Parra, Manly and Panthers - All half decent sides. We lost only to Manly, they were at home, and we didnt have Nutley, Stevens and Kimmorley (3 best players) and we lost another prop during the game, so thats an arguable game. The only real contender is Melbourne, but their away record is crap. Tigers I dont rate, they beat has been roosters, struggled against crappy dogs and beat never ther warriors and got beaten by crappy parra. We are set!

So yea, anyone who is in denail about our potential this year is an idiot!!!
i just cant wait 4 the st george Vs. Cronulla clash....

Boo_

HSC
braad said:

yaeh, just hope dragons come out victors...
i realli cant wait for this sundays game between broncos and dragons...especially if both teams carry through their form from last weekend...but likely that dragons mite lose with their incinsistancy

Jiga

iamsickofyear12 said:
Sharks will not win the comp. They don't have the ability to win the important games. Although the competition is pretty tight this year, I still think one of the heavyweight teams will win, either the broncos, roosters, bulldogs, or panthers. Although I have decided I will support the Tigers, cause I like their flashy style of footy.
We can win the big games, last year, we beat the Roosters and Broncos, and this year we have beaten Nth Queensland and a Dogs etc. Sharks will win the comp, Ive already outlined each sides ability, and the Sharks look quite strong in comparison to others. The only top club I can see coming back is the dogs, they have had alot of injuries, I dont see the Panthers and especially the roosters doin much. Panthers main prob is they hav crappy centres, Franze (sharks reject) and Galea.

As for tigers, I use to support them, but I think ther is alot of hpye bout them. They barely beat an out of form dogs, a crappy roosters, the win against wariiors was ok, and they lost to parra. Im still w8ing to be really impressed - this week againt Nth Queensland may decide this !

Thats always a really good game, load of crap though how we only play eachother twice, how can they do that to such a big local derby!

*mel*

blackfriday said:
can anyone provide me with in-depth detail of that roosters email going around?
Yeah id like to know about that too! i heard about it on the footy show and i wanna know what it is!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Thats always a really good game, load of crap though how we only play eachother twice, how can they do that to such a big local derby!
yeh...gotta love them, a proper derby, where the fans dont fight (much) and the footy is usually more passionate than normal week in week out games...

got no idea when the derbys r being played thou...should find out

Jiga

Another interesting thing concerning the sharks, read the the newspaper the oda day about them:

"while astute judges are tipping them as a realistic chance of being there on grand final day"

Hmmmm, almost looks like I am right AGAIN about the sharks:

* B4 the season, every1 said I had no idea even considering them as a top 8 chance, and that Dragons and Co were easily the top 3
* Currently, as the sharks have won 4/5 games, 5 games against easily all top 8 sides (mayb not parra, but they have the potential at least), the sharks are still bagged out as no chance

HOWEVER, it seems 'astute judges' dont have this same view!!!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
We can win the big games, last year, we beat the Roosters and Broncos, and this year we have beaten Nth Queensland and a Dogs etc. Sharks will win the comp, Ive already outlined each sides ability, and the Sharks look quite strong in comparison to others. The only top club I can see coming back is the dogs, they have had alot of injuries, I dont see the Panthers and especially the roosters doin much. Panthers main prob is they hav crappy centres, Franze (sharks reject) and Galea.
You are an idiot. Maybe when it's round 25 and sharks are beating the shit out of everyone you can say they will win the comp but it's only round 6, and because of the tightness of the comp this year you can't rule anyone out.

Jiga

I can say we will win, cos we will, and it seems 'experts' are agreeing with me champ!

Anyone can win......so the Knights can? No way. The comp is closer this year, but its not that dramatic IMO. Like Roosters for example, they are crap, yet if someone beats them like the Tigers its a testament to how close the comp is, pffft. The clear top 4 this year : Tigers, Sharks, Melbourne, Dogs in no particular order.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I can say we will win, cos we will, and it seems 'experts' are agreeing with me champ!

Anyone can win......so the Knights can? No way. The comp is closer this year, but its not that dramatic IMO. Like Roosters for example, they are crap, yet if someone beats them like the Tigers its a testament to how close the comp is, pffft. The clear top 4 this year : Tigers, Sharks, Melbourne, Dogs in no particular order.
When Eels get it right they will go well, they have as good or better side than anyone else in the comp. Panthers had a slow start, I think they wills till improve. If the Roosters can ever find a working combination they will go well cause they also have a really good side. Broncos are also up there.

Your top 4 is based too much on what they have already done and not enough on potential.

Melbourne are definately in, and even though Eels haven't shown very much yet they have the potential to be aswell. Other than that, I'd probably say it's a toss up between cowboys, panthers, bulldogs and roosters for the last 2 places.

I don't think sharks will make the top 4. They have played well so far, but it's only round 6. I think once some of the other teams get going they will be too good for them. And although I like the tigers, I don't think they are good enough to be top 4.

And I just said everyone can win cause most can, but you're right the knights probably can't win.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
When Eels get it right they will go well, they have as good or better side than anyone else in the comp. Panthers had a slow start, I think they wills till improve. If the Roosters can ever find a working combination they will go well cause they also have a really good side. Broncos are also up there.

Melbourne are definately in, and even though Eels haven't shown very much yet they have the potential to be aswell. Other than that, I'd probably say it's a toss up between cowboys, panthers, bulldogs and roosters for the last 2 places.
The Eels have had "potential" since they made the 2000, and when they took out the 2001 minor premiership. Since then, they've gone down the hill. How a team which was a dead set top 4 side in 2000 and 2001 can play so poorly since then amazes me. I thikn they have had plenty of time to "get it right", reality is they wont this season. GET RID OF BRIAN SMITH, i'm not even a parra fan and it amazes me why he's still there. A change of tactics and culture is needed for them, and the likes of hindmarsh and cayless need to step up more.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
copious said:
The Eels have had "potential" since they made the 2000, and when they took out the 2001 minor premiership. Since then, they've gone down the hill. How a team which was a dead set top 4 side in 2000 and 2001 can play so poorly since then amazes me. I thikn they have had plenty of time to "get it right", reality is they wont this season. GET RID OF BRIAN SMITH, i'm not even a parra fan and it amazes me why he's still there. A change of tactics and culture is needed for them, and the likes of hindmarsh and cayless need to step up more.
True, the Eels haven't been able to get it right the past couple of years. But after the amount of money they spent in the off season and the amount of quality players they got, if they can't get it right this year then there is definately a problem. And if they don't perform this year I'd agree with you in saying they need to get rid of Brian Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)