NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiga

ohwhenthesaints said:
Not a bad looking side. Will be competitive, but I don't think successful.

Mellor is injured isn't he buddy?
He was set to be available for Rd 1 + the newspaper said he was fit and just didnt make the cut. Maybe they are just making sure though that hes 100%

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I dont think fridays game will be any good, bulldogs will slaughter st George - they've got to many top class players out.

As for sharks

1. David Peachey
2. David Simmons
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Ryan McGoldrick
5. Luke Covell
6. Adam Dykes
7. Brett Kimmorley (c)
8. Hutch Maiava
9. Matt Hilder
10. Danny Nutley
11. Andrew Lomu
12. Phil Bailey
13. Paul Gallen

14. Keith Galloway
15. Sam Isemonger
16. Greg Bird
17. Michael Sullivan

Strong side, 3rd heaviest pack in the comp. Interesting that Paul Mellor was left out, but thats what depth will do.
It is not a bad side that the sharks have fielded, however I would be worried about their bench, as it seems a little too light, especially with having Hutch and Nutley as starting props is a concern as well, as Hutch tires after 10-15 mins and Nutley doesnt last much longer.

I think the Panthers have a strong side and should run away with the game from bout the 60th minute onwards.

Rhys Wesser
Trent Clayton
Luke Lewis
Paul Franze
Luke Rooney
Preston Campbell
Craig Gower
Joel Clinton
Luke Priddis
Ben Ross
Joe Galuvao
Tony Puletua
Trent Waterhouse

Interchange
Garrett Crossman
Frank Puletua
Frank Pritchard
Luke Swain

T

timbk2

Hutch Miava.. lol.. i dont know why they bothered getting him. that guy's as slow as a cow

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
He was set to be available for Rd 1 + the newspaper said he was fit and just didnt make the cut. Maybe they are just making sure though that hes 100%
Oh ok my bad, thought he was out injured but yeah had our own injuries to worry about!!

And LOL about the 100% thing, we've been making sure Barrett is 100% for about 6 months now. Seriously his last fucking game was in September, how can he still not be right to play? Made of fucken paper!

And Iluvtheknights... You'd assume that we'd be better once Baz and Gaz and Rylesy are back, however the thing is by the time they are all back no doubt several other stars will be out injured. It's just the way it goes.

As for Hutch, I agree he's slow and unfit. However I haven't seen him this year and all the Scum fans are absolutely raving about him so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him play.

T

timbk2

Mason out till round 20. .. .. i reckon he should hurry up and just go to union already, save us some salary cap space.. We have sonny-bill to replace him in the backrow

HSC
Lol shit you beat me. I'd actually welcome him to Saints... fucken good ball runner.

But yeah he'll be a Rorter I reckon.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
dont need him anyway, plenty of talent with chris armit and ben chakowski or whatever his name is.

the panthers backs are gonna run all over the sharks im afraid, look for whesser to hit peak form like he did in 2003 with amos roberts gone.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
the bulldogs still might shat all over the saints tomorrow night. i dont know why they keep nathan brown as coach because last year they clearly had the strongest non-rorter squad in the nrl.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
its funny how whenever any good player is negotiating a new contract, he suddenly "might join the roosters"... even when no one at the joint ever even considered or approached him... bloody player managers beat-ups just to get higher priced contracts

Jiga

I would be worried about their bench, as it seems a little too light, especially with having Hutch and Nutley as starting props is a concern as well
I agree, with Stevens we'd look alot better as Maiava goes to the bench, but keith Galloway does have alot of size about him, only problem is he is a slow! Also, Im guessing (Maybe) Lomu may come off during the game for Isemonger and be re-incarnated as a replacement prop ;)

timbk2 said:
Hutch Miava.. lol.. i dont know why they bothered getting him. that guy's as slow as a cow
Hutch has improved quite alot since leaving the dogs, he lost something like 20kg's. He played very well in the trials to warrant his selection also. Time will tell I guess, the footy show boys have tipped this one to be the most likely of an upset :)

T

timbk2

i was at the game.

suprisingly no fights. .. apart from 2 chicks outside trying to rip each others heads off

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
of course there were no fights, the seats arent removable. that was an awesome game, and you wonder why there was a crowd record...the daily telegraph were giving away tickets like mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)