NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
suger_plum said:
thyre just trying to market the game. good on em, get those people away from afl!!!! which totally sux. afl should die! it is so crap!!!
Yeah it should, a bunch of pansies runing around chucking the ball to each other

"Oh my god l broke a nail"

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
shortygb said:
this week is gunna mess with my tipping, hopefully it wont continue cus then tipping will be even more complicated

teams that should be winning are losing, teams that hould be losing are winning!! whats going on!

Well, at least whoever wins tipping comps for nrl around australia will truely deserve them. It owuld be better than if the games were really predictable.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
attn: bulldogs fans i have three questions
1. why isnt anasta playing five eighth
2. why is he playing lock forward and corey hughes playinf five eighth
3. why is hughes feeding the scrum even if sherwins on the field (not referring to this game but other games when sherwin plays first reciever)
1 & 2. He was playing halfback, Hughes was at 5/8, because Sherwin was on the bench.
3. Becuase he was halfback in the starting side, I pressume.

Now if you're asking why Sherwin came off the bench, that's a mystery. Probably though, it's because his form hasn't been crash hot lately and Steve Folkes is giving him a kick up the bum. He doesn't seem to have any injuries either, so I think that's probably it.

That's the shit I like to see! Forwards getting over the line and some solid defence *dances in her seat*. My tipping was so crap this week!

cayte

Far out, so many people only picked two this round. Damn, and I thought this one was fairly straightforward. I blame the rain.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
As it turns out, the teams coming 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th all lost. 5th had the bye.

Just when we think the competition has settled into a rhythm, we get this. Crazy.

Bulldogs are starting their charge to the Finals. With Jason Smith back at the Raiders, they also come back into contention.

In reality, Brisbane are the only team who have made the finals at this stage.

Today, the Dragons dished up the performance that everyone expects them to give every so often. It's terrible, because we dropped two points that were desperately needed (after the bye next week, the Dragons play top 8 sides for the next seven weeks).

Brisbane always had to lose at some point, and the Warriors, playing in their historic 1995 jerseys and going for the double on the best team in the comp, were going to be very fired up.

The Sea Eagles home ground streak has been cracked, and this could signify two things. They might start a freefall down the ladder now, or it will act as a second wind and they will surge back. We shall see.

In fact, this round was the round for streaks to be broken:
  • Brisbane's 10 match winning streak ended
  • Parramatta's 6 match winning streak ended
  • St George Illawarra's 3 match winning streak ended
  • Manly's 11 match winning streak at Brookvale ended
  • Canberra's 5 match losing streak ended
  • Newcastle's 13 match losing streak ended

Last edited:

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
1 & 2. He was playing halfback, Hughes was at 5/8, because Sherwin was on the bench.
3. Becuase he was halfback in the starting side, I pressume.

Now if you're asking why Sherwin came off the bench, that's a mystery. Probably though, it's because his form hasn't been crash hot lately and Steve Folkes is giving him a kick up the bum. He doesn't seem to have any injuries either, so I think that's probably it.

That's the shit I like to see! Forwards getting over the line and some solid defence *dances in her seat*. My tipping was so crap this week!
Actually Hughes was halfback and Anasta was 5/8th.

They announced it a few hours before kick-off, but there was a rumour that was going to happen during the week. Reason being was Sherwin's form (or lack of it) and he does have a sort of back injury

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Suney_J said:
Actually Hughes was halfback and Anasta was 5/8th.

They announced it a few hours before kick-off, but there was a rumour that was going to happen during the week. Reason being was Sherwin's form (or lack of it) and he does have a sort of back injury
My bad! I had them switched in my head...was Hughes in the 6 jumper? Friggin confusing.

I'm glad the Broncos lost. Isn't it weird that they've been beaten by the Warriors twice this season?

Heh DRAGONZ, I think you mean Newcastle's 13 game losing streak. Good on 'em though. I had the urge to tip them, but I went with my stupid head instead of my gut. Tsk.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hahaha, well you know, I'm trying to help the Knights along here ;)

I'll change it now.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
As it turns out, the teams coming 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th all lost. 5th had the bye.

Just when we think the competition has settled into a rhythm, we get this. Crazy.

Bulldogs are starting their charge to the Finals. With Jason Smith back at the Raiders, they also come back into contention.

In reality, Brisbane are the only team who have made the finals at this stage.

Today, the Dragons dished up the performance that everyone expects them to give every so often. It's terrible, because we dropped two points that were desperately needed (after the bye next week, the Dragons play top 8 sides for the next seven weeks).

Brisbane always had to lose at some point, and the Warriors, playing in their historic 1995 jerseys and going for the double on the best team in the comp, were going to be very fired up.

The Sea Eagles home ground streak has been cracked, and this could signify two things. They might start a freefall down the ladder now, or it will act as a second wind and they will surge back. We shall see.

In fact, this round was the round for streaks to be broken:
  • Brisbane's 10 match winning streak ended
  • Parramatta's 6 match winning streak ended
  • St George Illawarra's 3 match winning streak ended
  • Manly's 11 match winning streak at Brookvale ended
  • Canberra's 5 match losing streak ended
  • Newcastle's 13 match winning streak ended
Cowboys wernt that good (which IMO why Canberra won), and Canberra showed they're a 1 man team

Manly showed how frustrated they can get. They played dirty. Hill getting smashed was beautiful :D. Every RL player would've loved to do that to that big mouthed pile of shit

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Up the Roosters, fuck yeah.

Too bad I had to put up with a whiny boyfriend after the Dragons lost today. Hmmph.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
fuck yeah go the warriors, vintage stuff from the boys. if only they could do this week in week out.

Boo_

HSC
gordo said:
dragons were very disappointing
but i guess the shambles is attributed to the fact that hornby, head and barrett weren;t playing
yeah, and ennis's shocking game

Boo_

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
they realli needed those pts, with that, they would of moved up to 5th, then an extra 2 pts next week...ah well, u gotta expect this sort of stuff from them...but ennis was shocking...

Boo_

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
lol you said it as if we've just conquered the impossible, climbed mt everest, or something...
at least we are finally back on track now, just need clarke to be fit and dizzy to find his form
lol, haha, well, didnt mean to sound too excited, but last week was embarrasing with the loss to bangladesh

symonds did awesome in the match (5/18 i think he was) got m-o-m and was presented with a huge bottle of wine (i think it was wine) and bout 1 week ago he was suspended for getting drunk...

with australia getting back into form, the ashes test should be awesome:) and hopefully not too one-sided...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
firman is heading to north queensland in 3 weeks... lol that mustve been one of the shortest stints a player has had at a club recently...

bailey is going to gold coast... they are picking up a couple big signings now...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Judiaciary news from Friday night's game.

Ryan Cross has been referred to the judiciary, Adrian Morley cited for a knee lift and Glenn Morrison has not been cited for a high tackle on Jason Cayless.

Fuck me, Morrison is a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)