• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NSW State Election Campaign discussion (3 Viewers)

2011 NSW Election 2PP poll: Coalition or Labor?

• Total voters

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Why, is it because you like their-

Financial management skills
Fighting corruption
Enjoy the regular leader change
Think their current leader is hot ?

I would like to hear one reason to vote for them
Yes. Stability in Keneally is also good.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yes. Stability in Keneally is also good.
?? This has been one of the most unstable governments we've seen in the history of NSW.

Also, are you with the Labor party? I suspect you are.

Lentern

HSC
?? This has been one of the most unstable governments we've seen in the history of NSW.

To be fair, before Rees there was ten consecutive years of Carr and Refshauge both of whom resigned at a time of their choosing and handed power over to Iemma and Watkins who were elected unopposed and lead for more than three years( a greater length than the premierships of Fahey, Unsworth, Willis, Lewis or Renshaw). I detest Kenneally herself and the fact that the sort of people who support her are presently in control of the caucus but ultimately the reason this government is a dead duck isn't incompetence, it's just old.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
To be fair, before Rees there was ten consecutive years of Carr and Refshauge both of whom resigned at a time of their choosing and handed power over to Iemma and Watkins who were elected unopposed and lead for more than three years( a greater length than the premierships of Fahey, Unsworth, Willis, Lewis or Renshaw). I detest Kenneally herself and the fact that the sort of people who support her are presently in control of the caucus but ultimately the reason this government is a dead duck isn't incompetence, it's just old.
I agree completely with this, however he was talking about stability in Keneally and I was referring to the Kenally government. Scandal after scandal, coupled with an avalanche of resignations is hardly a sound definition of stability.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Why, is it because you like their-

Financial management skills
Fighting corruption
Enjoy the regular leader change
Think their current leader is hot ?

I would like to hear one reason to vote for them
Only thing that really matters tbqh.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC

No, I am not affiliated with any party.

Labor is pretty stable actually. The Liberals are certainly not any better.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
I think even Bob Carr's come out in favour of the Libs

HSC
wrong thread

this is state election discussion not Federal Lib backbencher pushes for *discussion* on industrial relations reforms

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
wrong thread

this is state election discussion not Federal Lib backbencher pushes for *discussion* on industrial relations reforms
I made a new thread. At the end of the day, the federal and state Liberal ideologies are the same. Are you trying to imply Barry O'farrel does not support WorkChoices?

HSC
whether he supports it or not is irrelevant

it isnt state govt domain you idiot

you dont even know what the reforms could entail, how can you write it off without knowing what they are actualyl proposing to do? are you seriously suggesting that all industrial relations reform is bad?

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
whether he supports it or not is irrelevant

it isnt state govt domain you idiot

you dont even know what the reforms could entail, how can you write it off without knowing what they are actualyl proposing to do? are you seriously suggesting that all industrial relations reform is bad?
After seeing what WorkChoices done, yes. Industrial reform by the Liberals is bad for the average worked. Unless you are a millionaire you should fear the Liberals when they mention the words industrial reform.

HSC
After seeing what WorkChoices done, yes. Industrial reform by the Liberals is bad for the average worked. Unless you are a millionaire you should fear the Liberals when they mention the words industrial reform.
i stopped reading after

"seeing what WorkChoices done, yes"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)