Nuclear Iran (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
I still fail to see how you drew such an unfounded conclusion from what I said.

The part you bolded is obviously a response to the claim that Iran deserves nukes because Israel has them. Clearly when you have such a dangerous weapon as a nuclear warhead, the less entities with it the better. Considering the present nuclear entity (Israel) in that region has had nukes for about 50 years and never used them, there's reason enough to trust they won't use them any time soon unless severely provoked. Meanwhile, there's every indication Iran wants Israel destroyed but no track record to suggest whether or not it would use nukes, which is ample reason not to trust Iran with nukes (err on the side of caution), even though we essentially trust Israel with them.
Isreal isnt using its nuclear warheads, because it already has enough sophisticated weaponry that could easily allow it to obliterate its enemies with a single move. So i dont think that it would need to use its nuclear war heads, as they can do almost the same amount of harm with their non-nuclear weapons.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
Isreal isnt using its nuclear warheads, because it already has enough sophisticated weaponry that could easily allow it to obliterate its enemies with a single move. So i dont think that it would need to use its nuclear war heads, as they can do almost the same amount of harm with their non-nuclear weapons.
Care to elaborate or keep it in non specific and generally meaningless terms?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
For someone who has Rene Rivkin, a Jewish Australian as their avatar and underneath that "Recession 08" which I assume is in relation to "Kevin 07 Recession 08" I'm surprised that you aren't interested in sustaining the only liberal democracy in the middle east and the lives of millions of Jews.

It comes down to the fact that Israel has nuclear weapons for self-defense. Iran wants nuclear weapons to threaten, intimidate and possibly use against the west - purposes of aggression.

Any idiot that has an understanding of Middle-East history would know that Israel has fought, and fought hard for her survival in 1948, 1956, 1970, 1973, 1982 and 2006. Edit: and 1967

Just how many times has Iran fought for her survival against the violent western aggressors?

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Iran warns against PEACE TALKS.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday warned Syria against becoming closer with Israel and the United States and urged Islamic nations to stand up against Western 'conspiracies and wars.'

Following the Iranian leader's talks Thursday with Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moallem, Ahmadinejad's office issued a statement calling on Middle Eastern nations to "stand on guard in the face of the conspiracies and civil wars our enemies are planning and prepare to cause them to fail."

Ahmadinejad warned that the United States was planning to involve itself in Middle Eastern regional matters, but said its policies on Iran and Syria were failing.
Source: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/977682.html

And people say that Israel is the barrier to peace in the region? Ha!

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
MaNiElla said:
How do you come to that conclusion? Even nuclear warheads wouldn't allow it to obliterate many of its enemies in a single move (which is theoretically why MAD is possible), so I'm intrigued as to how it would do so with weapons which are thousands of times weaker.

Not to mention that in the case non-nuclear missiles, there is no lingering dirtiness factor as in nuclear fallout.

Picking at straws I'm afraid.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNiElla

How do you come to that conclusion? Even nuclear warheads wouldn't allow it to obliterate many of its enemies in a single move (which is theoretically why MAD is possible), so I'm intrigued as to how it would do so with weapons which are thousands of times weaker.

Not to mention that in the case non-nuclear missiles, there is no lingering dirtiness factor as in nuclear fallout.

Picking at straws I'm afraid.
I think MaNiElla means that Israel can avoid the negative political repercussions (sp?) of using nuclear weapons by using non-nuclear weapons to acheive its main goal of becoming the local policing-state (much how America acts on a global scale). The 'single move' remark was just hyperbole I'd imagine.

flappinghippo

HSC
Iran says it does not recognise Israel. Iran has also funded terrorism. The same terrorists who also don't recognise it, and actively seeks out its destruction. Iran is going to, if this is allowed to happen, bomb the fuck out of Israel.

Duh.

decagon

HSC
JaredR said:
I don't see how having nuclear weapons and missiles will ensure Iran's sovereignty? It's not like it suffers any threat to it's existence...well at least no threat that isn't as a result of their nuclear weapons program.
Aryanbeauty said:
LOL an arab caring for human life? ha ha, if you care so much about human life why encourage kids tobecome suicide bomers to get virgin girls?

Really what civilian target? Last time I checked Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the military industrial centre of Imperial Japan which killed more than 50 million people in asia.

1) you are arab and you are ashamed of your filthy race.
2) Either way you coward arabs lose all wars against Israelis who are less than 8 million where as arabs with its 300 million got their ass whooped by cute hot sexy israeli soldiers time and time again

What is so humane about you arabs who trained innocent children to blow themselves up? for a virgin girl?

As if anyone like you terrorist supporing arabs.

Ha ha you arabs are fucked and you are jealous of Israel ha ha.
Hahaha, I like the way you're afraid of a nuclear Iran. Why are you so worried of Arabs developing advanced military forces and deadly nukes? You Israelis secretly possess hundreds of nuclear bombs yourselves. You're afraid because you know very well that Israel has absolutely no right whatsoever to exist. Israel is an illegal country and the Jews are an illegal ethnic group. Both deserve to be exterminated from the face of this earth and you know it. American may be with you, Britain and Australia may be with you...but for how long? A sudden change in government in any of those countries could spell disaster for you...you right to exist could be questioned. Look at Iraq...American might have been able to devastate Iraq, but have they been able to claim Iraq as a part of American territory? No. But if someday Israel faces a similar attack from any country, it could be wiped off the map. Be passionate and tolerant, or bad days lie ahead of you people. You know what? I hate Hitler! Why? Because he failed to murder each and every Jew in the world. Loser.

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
decagon said:
Hahaha, I like the way you're afraid of a nuclear Iran. Why are you so worried of Arabs developing advanced military forces and deadly nukes? You Israelis secretly possess hundreds of nuclear bombs yourselves. You're afraid because you know very well that Israel has absolutely no right whatsoever to exist. Israel is an illegal country and the Jews are an illegal ethnic group. Both deserve to be exterminated from the face of this earth and you know it. American may be with you, Britain and Australia may be with you...but for how long? A sudden change in government in any of those countries could spell disaster for you...you right to exist could be questioned. Look at Iraq...American might have been able to devastate Iraq, but have they been able to claim Iraq as a part of American territory? No. But if someday Israel faces a similar attack from any country, it could be wiped off the map. Be passionate and tolerant, or bad days lie ahead of you people. You know what? I hate Hitler! Why? Because he failed to murder each and every Jew in the world. Loser.
Time for you to take your chlorpromazine, methinks.

I'm glad Obama supports Israel.

sdsdsdsdsd

HSC
It would be awesome to see russia support the war on radical islam.

9deuce

MADE
HSC
The Jews need to hurry the fuck up and destroy the Al-Aqsa mosque and Dome of the Rock.

boris

Banned
HSC
Russia needs to take a leading role in the war in afghanistan to make up for their fuck ups 30 years ago.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
sdsdsdsdsd said:
It would be awesome to see russia support the war on radical islam.
They secretly do, but are tentative about expressing that view in public because Iran could be a key ally against Europe and America.

In fact, if Obama can calm down either of Russia or Iran, the other will fall in line.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Trefoil said:
They secretly do, but are tentative about expressing that view in public because Iran could be a key ally against Europe and America.

In fact, if Obama can calm down either of Russia or Iran, the other will fall in line.
Slidey, sometimes you know what it is you're talking about, and other times you have no idea what you're on about. This time it's the latter.

Russia does not "secretly" support the war on radical Islam. Rather, they have been publicly supporting the war on radical Islam since before 9/11. Russia has faced real terrorism on it's borders with the "Islamic Chechnyen Resistance", which sought autonomy from the Soviet Union.

The real way to combat terrorism is not to isolate muslim countries economically and diplomatically, and then bomb the ever-living shit out of them. Rather, it's to bring them in economically and diplomatically, allowing them to become a proper member of the international community with the same rights of any other sovereign country.

The United States of America doesn't believe these countries which are made up predominantly of muslims deserve their sovereignty. Infact they believe they have some sort of right to conduct crooss-borded bombing raids, violating airspace, and then killings dozens of civilians at a time.

The U.S policy doesn't work.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Slidey, sometimes you know what it is you're talking about, and other times you have no idea what you're on about. This time it's the latter.
Oh, I bet you say that to all the guys!

Russia does not "secretly" support the war on radical Islam. Rather, they have been publicly supporting the war on radical Islam since before 9/11. Russia has faced real terrorism on it's borders with the "Islamic Chechnyen Resistance", which sought autonomy from the Soviet Union.
Yes, and fucking obviously I am implying that Russia would support the war on radical Islam a lot more if they weren't concerned about pissing off Iran and co. Fuck, man.

The real way to combat terrorism is not to isolate muslim countries economically and diplomatically, and then bomb the ever-living shit out of them. Rather, it's to bring them in economically and diplomatically, allowing them to become a proper member of the international community with the same rights of any other sovereign country.

The United States of America doesn't believe these countries which are made up predominantly of muslims deserve their sovereignty. Infact they believe they have some sort of right to conduct crooss-borded bombing raids, violating airspace, and then killings dozens of civilians at a time.

The U.S policy doesn't work.
OK sunshine, but we're talking about Iran in this thread, not Iraq and Afghanistan.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Trefoil said:
Yes, and fucking obviously I am implying that Russia would support the war on radical Islam a lot more if they weren't concerned about pissing off Iran and co. Fuck, man.
Sarcasm doesn't work on the internet, so I'll assume you mean what you say.
As I've already explained. Russia does support the "war" on radical Islam. However, they understand the war can not be won by isolating "muslim countries"*diplomatically and economically, in turn undermining their governments ability to rule the country. And then taking advantage of the instability by bombing the country back in the stone age.

That's 'cowboy and indian' politics and it doesn't work. In the last 6 years of those policies in the middle east there has been a steady rise in terrorism not a decline. Infact the best evidence of this are the many sites that have been propped up during this era. Such as "islamic watch", these sites document that there has been a rise in acts of terrorism. Again, this suggests that the war on terrorism or "radical islam" can not be won using the same methods as has been used.

That is to say that Russia supports a war on radical Islam - however they know that war can not be won by commiting more injustices and undermining the sovereignty of foreign governments. They know that the war can not be won through political assassinations, overthrowing foreign governments, etc, etc.

OK sunshine, but we're talking about Iran in this thread, not Iraq and Afghanistan.
If you can't see the relationship there. You're too ill-informed to be arguing these points.

Any so-called "disarmament of Iran", will merely be a bombing campaign aimed at further destabilising and diminishing Iran's ability to govern in favour of it's people and it's allies. It will have a negative global effect. Therefore it should be avoided at all costs.

* The idea of "muslim countries" implies there can be more than one. This goes against the idea of a country based on Islamic principles. There can only ever be one muslim country, or none at all. Currently there are none.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)