number of hours study per day (1 Viewer)

How many hours of study on a normal week day?

• 0 - 1 hour

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 1 - 2 hours

Votes: 50 20.9%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • 3 - 4 hours

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • 4 - 5 hours

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • 5+ hours

Votes: 36 15.1%

• Total voters

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
its hard to get quality work tho
Why? If I'm doing an hour & a half's worth of work, it has to be quality because I dunno... I can't just sit there physically and have my mind in some other place. I feel like I'm wasting time & not being productive & if I do start to whaffle I take a break so I can get it together.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Why? If I'm doing an hour & a half's worth of work, it has to be quality because I dunno... I can't just sit there physically and have my mind in some other place. I feel like I'm wasting time & not being productive & if I do start to whaffle I take a break so I can get it together.
try studying in smaller blocks of tym....say 30 - 45 mins. so after concentrated work for that amount of tym take a 10-15 min break and get back to it. slowly start increasing ur 'blocks' of study.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul

try studying in smaller blocks of tym....say 30 - 45 mins. so after concentrated work for that amount of tym take a 10-15 min break and get back to it. slowly start increasing ur 'blocks' of study.
Yeah I think I'll start with an hour of eco...because it's so much theory I don't think I could take in 90 min of it.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar
what? study?
well in case u didnt realise the title of this thread is about study.

and i have noticed that all ur posts r rather short!!!!

I THINK WE HAVE ANOTHER ADDICT HERE!!

bobo123

HSC
whats the longest anyones gone studying without breaks?

i think i've done 6 straight

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by bobo123

i went lyk from 9/10 pm to about 6/7 in the morning...it was for a major assignment! i guess it adds up to about 9 hrs....mite have been longer:eek: makes me sleepy just thinking about it

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

ive gone for four straight ... without food or water or leaving my small room :)

kini mini

HSC

Probably 2.5 hours or so. I don't do reaaaaaally long sessions of study, I find that even a 5 minute break makes my mind work far more efficiently.

Originally posted by MinAi
i kno i should b writing my transformation scene of Hamlet...but instead im here procrastinating!
procrastinate away my buddy o pal.What is the go with people who have so many talents; i never knew you wrote plays???

SoFTuaRiaL

i usualy do abt 1 hr in the morn from 6 to 7 (if i dont have morn class, which i usually did :rolleyes: ) and then from 7 to 1 @ nite ...
this is besides the time spent on assignments, homeworks etc.... not bad, i guess eh?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Da Monstar
i usualy do abt 1 hr in the morn from 6 to 7 (if i dont have morn class, which i usually did :rolleyes: ) and then from 7 to 1 @ nite ...
this is besides the time spent on assignments, homeworks etc.... not bad, i guess eh?
Uhm... burnout alert. I really doubt that you could continue that routine for even another month... but if you can, well bravo to you then.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar

procrastinate away my buddy o pal.What is the go with people who have so many talents; i never knew you wrote plays???
How far back in time did u wanna go !?!
I don't write plays for my own enjoyment - it was an English assessment due 5 months ago

bobo123

HSC
wow 7 hrs a day
what motivates you?

SoFTuaRiaL

wow 7 hrs a day
what motivates you?
well bobo, to be honest ... the hsc was one of the tuffest yrs of school for me, not coz of the pressure it creates but due to the fact that its entirely new to it .....
i lived in the middle-east till i completed yr 11 and moved to syd just for the yr of the hsc. coming from a different educational background, it was absolutely essential for me to do well if i am to get in uni .... in fact sooo many ppl wrote me off saying that i wont be able to get over 80 for a uai !! but i got ..... 92 !!!:D :D so i guess the main motivation came frm the fact that i needed to prove them rong n show that i can do it ! ;)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

well bobo, to be honest ... the hsc was one of the tuffest yrs of school for me, not coz of the pressure it creates but due to the fact that its entirely new to it .....
i lived in the middle-east till i completed yr 11 and moved to syd just for the yr of the hsc. coming from a different educational background, it was absolutely essential for me to do well if i am to get in uni .... in fact sooo many ppl wrote me off saying that i wont be able to get over 80 for a uai !! but i got ..... 92 !!!:D :D so i guess the main motivation came frm the fact that i needed to prove them rong n show that i can do it ! ;)
That's so true... when someone says you can't do any better you tend to get angry & want to just prove them wrong.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Uhm... burnout alert. I really doubt that you could continue that routine for even another month... but if you can, well bravo to you then.
hehe .. mate, i've completed my hsc n dont intend to continue that way in uni .....

Rahul

Dead Member

i also found out that ppl that come from overseas study much much harder, like some asian countries, inlcuding India:D. i dound that i worked a lot harder than i did when i came here. altho that was in yr 5, the level of work was much lower. i did have a lot of trouble with the australian studies we did that year....lol....still do i think!

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Rahul

i also found out that ppl that come from overseas study much much harder, like some asian countries, inlcuding India:D. i dound that i worked a lot harder than i did when i came here. altho that was in yr 5, the level of work was much lower. i did have a lot of trouble with the australian studies we did that year....lol....still do i think!
u should be happy for me rahul .... I'M FROM INDIA TOO !!!
however, i had lived in the middle east for 12 yrs prior to coming here ....... studying in the indian education system tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)