number of hours study per day (1 Viewer)

How many hours of study on a normal week day?

• 0 - 1 hour

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 1 - 2 hours

Votes: 50 20.9%
  • 2 - 3 hours

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • 3 - 4 hours

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • 4 - 5 hours

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • 5+ hours

Votes: 36 15.1%

• Total voters

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by baby_mulanz
i do my h/w but when it comes to study and revision and tests and stuff i am :(

afta skewl... its eat, watch tv, showa, eat dina, watch tv again, do like 1/2 hour maths h/w, watch tv, play guitar and go to sleep... :rolleyes:

help~ i just cant get the motivation to study ~
i think the thing with motivation is it builts up as the workload grows. obviously you do more work when you have an assessment due etc.
so i guess the best way to approach it is to give yourself stuff to do. eg. make notes or complete notes for a subject by a given date
a lot of ppl don't study as much in the first term of yr 12 as they do in later terms but it does help to start early

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by !meeee!

a lot of ppl don't study as much in the first term of yr 12 as they do in later terms but it does help to start early
I think that's because it's the 4th bloody term and we're all exhausted... we need a break! I'm happy that there are only 3 weeks left but I've got 3 maths assessments in each week :/

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ultimate
If you can do 2-3 hours every night thats all the study you need to do. People who do 8 hours a day during stuvac are crazy!:confused:
I did close to 10 hours a day during stuvac...cos I jus kept thinking that I havent covered everything

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I regret the way I spent my time, after the english exam everything went down hill frm there, I just stopped studying and did nothing. the thing I probably most regret is going on holidays between my legal and economics exam for a week, cause I did zero study during that time for ecos and because of it, I probably screwed up my fav subject.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
10 hours is crazy. I don't know how people do it. Personally I would burn out completely putting myself under such strain. More study doesn'y necessarily mean you will do better!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i know this much ... ive been postin for more time a day than i was studying for my hsc ... which says something ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
i know this much ... ive been postin for more time a day than i was studying for my hsc ... which says something ...
... that your *cough* addicted to spamming *cough*

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

I agree, flyin you are definately spamming. One day you were on 200 now you are on 320 posts!!!
and your not far behind ... you were on about the same as me at around 100 and now your on like 300 ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
and your not far behind ... you were on about the same as me at around 100 and now your on like 300 ...
And now you are on 405 posts. Goes up 100 posts everyday

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
Originally posted by !meeee!

i think the thing with motivation is it builts up as the workload grows. obviously you do more work when you have an assessment due etc.
so i guess the best way to approach it is to give yourself stuff to do. eg. make notes or complete notes for a subject by a given date
bah ..~ tat doesnt apply for truly dumbasses like me... you see i had an English thingie to be handed in, a hist ext asses and a 3u Maths test (asssess)which i didnt even study for yet on Wednesday
then I took a day off skewl :rolleyes: on Tuesday ( the day b4) and instead of doing my work.. i spent the whole day on the net and playing guitar and watching tv ....

On wednesday i failed the Maths test.... didnt get to hand the hist ext ( which i started on the day) in to the teacher ... :(

so yea... that scraps ur theory mee!! so.. wat should true dumboZ like me do?!?!? :mad1:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by baby_mulanz

bah ..~ tat doesnt apply for truly dumbasses like me... you see i had an English thingie to be handed in, a hist ext asses and a 3u Maths test (asssess)which i didnt even study for yet on Wednesday
then I took a day off skewl :rolleyes: on Tuesday ( the day b4) and instead of doing my work.. i spent the whole day on the net and playing guitar and watching tv ....

On wednesday i failed the Maths test.... didnt get to hand the hist ext ( which i started on the day) in to the teacher ... :(

so yea... that scraps ur theory mee!! so.. wat should true dumboZ like me do?!?!? :mad1:

if you doing subjects life ext1 maths, history ext, you obviously have some brains, maybe you should try not to waste them, cause in the end its something you will probably regret - I know I did.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika

if you doing subjects life ext1 maths, history ext, you obviously have some brains, maybe you should try not to waste them, cause in the end its something you will probably regret - I know I did.
If you are competent in the extension subjects then do them, and you will reap the rewards. But if you perform poorly, you don't get good scaling.

So the best advice is to choose subjects you are best at.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

If you are competent in the extension subjects then do them, and you will reap the rewards. But if you perform poorly, you don't get good scaling.

So the best advice is to choose subjects you are best at.
definitely ... learn that from doing physics ... anyway ... it not the amount of hours but the effiency during the hours that matter ... your could study five hours a day when your mentally asleep compared to someone who studies one hour when their aware and alert and get comparatively nothing out of your time ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

definitely ... learn that from doing physics ... anyway ... it not the amount of hours but the effiency during the hours that matter ... your could study five hours a day when your mentally asleep compared to someone who studies one hour when their aware and alert and get comparatively nothing out of your time ...
I agree, I mean people can say that they did 9 hours study a day, but how many of those hours were actually efficient, and how many of those hours were people just procrastinating?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

I agree, I mean people can say that they did 9 hours study a day, but how many of those hours were actually efficient, and how many of those hours were people just procrastinating?
I refuse to believe that people can study 8 or 9 hours with their brains still screwed on after about 4 hours.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

I refuse to believe that people can study 8 or 9 hours with their brains still screwed on after about 4 hours.
thats not entirely true ... if you like a subject or love a subject (which sounds overly extreme) ... you can devote more than 4 hours easily ... i can do that ... but thats just for one subj tho ...

magic_14

Time management

I would advise between 3-5 Hours study a night. This is for normal school nights, for all year 12 HSC Students. The amount of study and revison really pays off in the end, and takes a lot of pressure off craming before exams and assessments. Time management is a key factor in the HSC, and if all subjects are spent on evenly and consistently, then your UAI will be very good. Good luck all!!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Re: Time management

Originally posted by magic_14
... and if all subjects are spent on evenly and consistently, then your UAI will be very good.
... consistency is definitely the key ... no point top a subject and failing the rest ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)