O camp 2010 (1 Viewer)

Kimmyy

HSC
Hi, is anyone goin to the camp this year? just wondering what it would be like? its seem scary cos the official site is so vague :S

witide

HSC
They almost convinced me to go, but I resisted.

Kimmyy

HSC
so its say compulsory, but do i miss anything if i dont go?

tashisthebest

HSC
i heard that some of the lectures come with you and they kinda tell you what to expect to learn in thier classes and what sort of standard they are looking when they mark exams n stuff . i rekon it could help out and plus you might actually know the person sitting next to you in your first lecture.

Black Hawker

HSC
LOL. They say it's compulsory, but it isn't.

It's good to get to know a few people before uni starts, but the rest of it's pretty shit.

TheElite

HSC
yeah it's more of a social thing than anything else. you meet new people and thats the what they want.

Cloesd

HSC
LOL. They say it's compulsory, but it isn't.

It's good to get to know a few people before uni starts, but the rest of it's pretty shit.
I'm going, i got scared when they said it's compulsory, that maybe i'd be missing out on alot and just nodded and signed.

0Renzokuken0

HSC
Yeah i'm going too cause it said it's compulsory. Kinda relating to this, is anyone else going to this orientation day on Feb 19? I don't really know what it's about but I got some letter, I thought the orientation was the camp?

arman

HSC
Yeah i'm going too cause it said it's compulsory. Kinda relating to this, is anyone else going to this orientation day on Feb 19? I don't really know what it's about but I got some letter, I thought the orientation was the camp?
I'm going orientation day and o-camp. I think orientation day is where we get "official welcome" and then can sign up to do different activites/tours

watiwat

HSC
it's compulsory for recent school leavers.
it's not for non-recent school leavers but they can also come along =]
you get to meet a lot of the people in your course, which helps heaps for groupwork stuff you do in first year
you'll meet a few of the lecturers, as well as some of the older students that are helping out, and the acting dean is going to be there as well

i'll going on camp as a student leader, it's a whole lot of fun =]

0Renzokuken0

HSC
I'm going orientation day and o-camp. I think orientation day is where we get "official welcome" and then can sign up to do different activites/tours
Yeah i'll be going this Friday at around 9:00 i think it is. Also just wondering anyone know exactly where to go to catch the bus? I know it's haymarket but is there like a specific street? I'd hate to miss it.....

EDIT - Oh wait nevermind checked the site and it says the meeting point should be on darling drive. Also mentions that we should only be bringing a backpack full of clothing not some huge luggage. Is it possible to fit 3 days worth of clothes and a sleeping bag into a backpack haha? I'll probably only be bringing one pair of shoes.

Last edited:

TheElite

HSC
Yeah i'll be going this Friday at around 9:00 i think it is. Also just wondering anyone know exactly where to go to catch the bus? I know it's haymarket but is there like a specific street? I'd hate to miss it.....

EDIT - Oh wait nevermind checked the site and it says the meeting point should be on darling drive. Also mentions that we should only be bringing a backpack full of clothing not some huge luggage. Is it possible to fit 3 days worth of clothes and a sleeping bag into a backpack haha? I'll probably only be bringing one pair of shoes.
They say u only need a backpack (and u do) but u can bring a sports bag if u want. Doesn't matter they won't care if u bring a massive suitcase =P

frenzal_dude

UTS Student
HSC
N/A
Ocamp is good coz you'll meet fellow first years, and you learn stuff about uni to help you settle in, you don't actually start learning any academic stuff though.
It's a lot of fun, and the last night (tue or thur) ends up being pretty wild coz we play trivia and if ur over 18 u get to buy alcohol.

red-butterfly

HSC
Ocamp was pretty awesome :D sure it had crappy food and crappy accomedation

Trivia night on tuesday night was AWESOMEEE :D

btw this is "Hobo Jo" :D

0Renzokuken0

HSC
Ocamp was pretty awesome :D sure it had crappy food and crappy accomedation

Trivia night on tuesday night was AWESOMEEE :D

btw this is "Hobo Jo" :D
Food was okay, wasn't the worst, thing I remembered though was that they gave too much sausages XD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)