O-Week Meat 2013: Down the Manning Hole (1 Viewer)

Which day do you prefer?

• Wedneday

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Thursday

• Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You're like the connecting piece. Everyone knows you, if you aren't there, I'm going to be so lost.
I guess this is sort of true.

It's because I'm friends with ERRYONE.

Think of it as a going away party.
well, we did have a bday drinks for me early last year so I guess everything does revolve around me. :p

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I guess this is sort of true.

It's because I'm friends with ERRYONE.

well, we did have a bday drinks for me early last year so I guess everything does revolve around me. :p
Everybody loves Jarrod. Or something.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
So fml, I'm pretty sure I start Uni on the 25th.
So I won't know until like the Monday whether I can come or not.
My tutorial either finishes at 3 or 5.
So earliest I could get there would be 4:39pm.
But I'm not even ssssuuuuuuurrrrre.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
LHS and I are going to become friends and hang out on the friday before the gig at manning (surprise!) ok so if people want it on the friday you could join us on the friday
aw, we're already friends Suede <3 And Ball Park :D

We're leaning towards wed because that has the most votes. Yay.

Also, there was a Chem intro last year?!???!!
Looks like it'll be Wed, kicking O week off in style.

which is why it's sad I'm sort of organising this.
You're bringing all the USYD BoSers together, plus it's like your "going away/I made it in med baby" partay.

So fml, I'm pretty sure I start Uni on the 25th.
So I won't know until like the Monday whether I can come or not.
My tutorial either finishes at 3 or 5.
So earliest I could get there would be 4:39pm.
But I'm not even ssssuuuuuuurrrrre.
This is tragic, but even if you can't come to this meat, you'll have to revisit Manning sometime in sem <3

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You're bringing all the USYD BoSers together, plus it's like your "going away/I made it in med baby" partay.

This is tragic, but even if you can't come to this meat, you'll have to revisit Manning sometime in sem <3
I think it's mostly because the universe revolves around me. :p

If I can't come I'll die. :'(

HKspec009

HSC
Kind of a buzzkill but all the timetables/books you need and stuff like that, are they done during o week or just before semester and what do you guys recommend going to0 during O week. Just got the brochures something about rabit holes :S...Grassy Knoll (Somebody translate!!)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Kind of a buzzkill but all the timetables/books you need and stuff like that, are they done during o week or just before semester and what do you guys recommend going to0 during O week. Just got the brochures something about rabit holes :S...Grassy Knoll (Somebody translate!!)
Timetables come out 11th Feb or will be available during O-week. If you don't like your timetable, you can change it on the internet, or in person during O-week. You might be able to find a book list for each subject on your course outlines, but I'd suggest waiting til you start classes to find out which ones are useful and which ones aren't worth buying.

Yes, I recommend going to o-week because there's a whole lot of social activities where you can meet other people/you can buy an access card and join clubs+societies, go on tours, or walk around the uni to get a feel for it or find where your classes are so you don't stress out in first week.

The Rabbit Hole mention is because that's the theme for O-Week 'Down the Rabbit Hole'. It basically means that the activities are loosely related to Alice in Wonderland with things like tea parties, croquet, dress-up parties, etc.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I recommend coming to this event. :p Take advantage of the freebies you get when joining clubs/societies. :)

The Tea Party is on Thursday - anyone going to it? Free cupcakes and tea.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
So I won't be attending this meet or most of O'week unfortunately. It seems I have other commitments that cannot be postponed, so i'll pretty much be in for only a few hours on 27th.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend coming to this event. :p Take advantage of the freebies you get when joining clubs/societies. :)

The Tea Party is on Thursday - anyone going to it? Free cupcakes and tea.
I want to, tea and sugary food, like my two loves.

Love the theme of the O week, my fav production I ever was in was Alice in Wonderland so it's great :)

HKspec009

HSC
I recommend coming to this event. :p Take advantage of the freebies.
Will do :p
I looked at the clubs online, are there any sport/fitness/gaming related
also how much (if it does) cost in general to join a club
P.S: I have an access card if that helps :) but don't like tea or cake even in the form of cups :S

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Will do :p
I looked at the clubs online, are there any sport/fitness/gaming related
also how much (if it does) cost in general to join a club
P.S: I have an access card if that helps :) but don't like tea or cake even in the form of cups :S
Memberships are usually free of charge to 10 bucks max. Sports and Fitness are entirely different... Check out the Sydney Sport and Fitness website for details. I am looking for a Gaming Society too - so I'll check on that soon. What days are you going? I need a buddy to walk around with and join new clubs.

HSC
I'm definitely going for the tea society except it seems a little hardcore for me.

Btw where is the rabbit hole?

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Memberships are usually free of charge to 10 bucks max. Sports and Fitness are entirely different... Check out the Sydney Sport and Fitness website for details. I am looking for a Gaming Society too - so I'll check on that soon. What days are you going? I need a buddy to walk around with and join new clubs.
As long as you can put up with me having a chat to the Liberal club, I'd be up for joining clubs with you :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)