O-Week Meat 2013: Down the Manning Hole (1 Viewer)

Which day do you prefer?

• Wedneday

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Thursday

• Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Just pick a date, people will show up. I may or may not be drunk when I get there. Depends on how my day is going by that point :p

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
what do you guys do at these meats?
Talk, get to know each other, eat chips and drink beer (though other alcoholic options are also common and we don't judge if you just want to stick to water). Basically super chill hang times. Lots of laughter usually.

Sometimes I read the paper and make inane comments about the state of the world. If people get drunk, there will probably be pseudo philosophical debating. Whinging about timetables/lecturers/essays/that person/everything in the world (rippy), advice given to newbies on anything from public transport to getting special con (blue suede).

Someone once got held over the railing (ok so that was kinda srs but also hilarious). Another time there was a mental breakdown. Um, two relationships have both started and ended as part of the bos meat manning crew. Lots of terrible terrible jokes and funny stories.

idk it's basically like any normal friendship group but the only thing we know about each other before turning up is that we have bos in common.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Talk, get to know each other, eat chips and drink beer (though other alcoholic options are also common and we don't judge if you just want to stick to water). Basically super chill hang times. Lots of laughter usually.

Sometimes I read the paper and make inane comments about the state of the world. If people get drunk, there will probably be pseudo philosophical debating. Whinging about timetables/lecturers/essays/that person/everything in the world (rippy), advice given to newbies on anything from public transport to getting special con (blue suede).

Someone once got held over the railing (ok so that was kinda srs but also hilarious). Another time there was a mental breakdown. Um, two relationships have both started and ended as part of the bos meat manning crew. Lots of terrible terrible jokes and funny stories.

idk it's basically like any normal friendship group but the only thing we know about each other before turning up is that we have bos in common.
Protip: If I'm drunk, don't get me talking about politics. I won't shut up for like 3 hours.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Lol. Yep.

Protip: If I'm drunk, don't get me talking about politics. I won't shut up for like 3 hours.
Also, I'll probs stab you. :3

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
3 hours is nothing drunk jarrod will whinge until he falls asleep

(this takes approximately 4.5 hours if he's tired)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
There is nothing wrong with a good whinge.
obvs not. I was on the receiving end and only had half an hour of sleep last night because of it!

also shh you don't even go here :p

edit: notre dame is just up the road so you're formally invited to our usyd meat

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
and i was ~super~ tired.
remember that time at manning when we were both ~super~ tired but still hung around for 5 hours and gradually just got more and more ridiculous/non sensical and around the 4 hour mark I think your friend came over to say hi and just left because by that stage we were only making sense to each other

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
remember that time at manning when we were both ~super~ tired but still hung around for 5 hours and gradually just got more and more ridiculous/non sensical and around the 4 hour mark I think your friend came over to say hi and just left because by that stage we were only making sense to each other
I don't even remember my friend being there. lol

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
obvs not. I was on the receiving end and only had half an hour of sleep last night because of it!

edit: notre dame is just up the road so you're formally invited to our usyd meat
Ewwww, Notre Dame.

enoilgam

HSC

I just kind of stumbled into this thread to kill time. This meat unfortunately coincides with my UNDA BoS meat - which consists of me drinking alone at the Shannon Hotel. Good times.

Ewwww, Notre Dame.
UNDA pride worldwide.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I just kind of stumbled into this thread to kill time. This meat unfortunately coincides with my UNDA BoS meat - which consists of me drinking alone at the Shannon Hotel. Good times.
WHO ELSE FROM BOS GOES TO NOTRE DAME?!?!?

UNDA pride worldwide.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

enoilgam

HSC
WHO ELSE FROM BOS GOES TO NOTRE DAME?!?!?
Exactly, no one - I dont have a single post in the roll call thread from this year or last year. But that's fine, I dont mind being the lone ranger.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly, no one - I dont have a single post in the roll call thread from this year or last year. But that's fine, I dont mind being the lone ranger.
Oh right, I didn't even read the end. lol

But yeah, come to this you dirty slut.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Come! The Notre Dam meat can be delayed =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)