Obama Addresses the Middle East (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I don't think it was ever trolling. There is an overt hatred for Jews by many members of these forums, which some try to hide under the guise of 'trolling.' Misspelling your sentences and adding "srs," "k," and "lul" at random intervals does not constitute a valid excuse for racial slurs.

EDIT: An example, for your convenience:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...942/where-islam-threads-gone.html#post4382175

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
I don't hate Jews.
But make no mistake
I despise Israelis, Zionists, and remote supporters of the Jewish state

Does that clear it up?
group hug?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Bahahaha.

You fucking daft frog.
Ummmm, what was I going to say? I was definitely going to say something. Oh, yes. How could I forget? Fuck you.

Maybe I am a little naive. BoS is the only forum I go on, and I really do find it hard to get my head around the concept of "trolling". Of course, without this concept in mind, one would think that this website is just a bunch of haters vilifying everyone whose different to them, whether in race, intelligence or opinion.

I have a tendency to ask people if they are trolling when I notice that they are making particularly derogatory comments, as BigBoyJames (currently B_B_J) would most likely be aware.

I don't hate Jews.
But make no mistake
I despise Israelis, Zionists, and remote supporters of the Jewish state

Does that clear it up?
group hug?
It seems as though you take the "better safe than sorry" approach, attacking all jews just in case they support Israel.

NB: I am part of the "Neither for nor Against Israel" group and have had arguments of equal zeal with both Jews and Jew-haters.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
TullyB admit it, you hate Israel. ADMIT IT.

lulz

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
TullyB admit it, you hate Israel. ADMIT IT.

lulz
I have very little capacity to hate. I dislike both Palestine and Israel and yes, at the moment, I dislike Israel more. Their ignorant stubbornness with regards to expanding settlements is to be abhorred.

All of you anti-Israel people must realize that the destruction of the Israeli state is completely unrealistic? In order to be taken seriously, you must seek more realistic goals, such as a two state solution. Even this can only come to be if people from both sides of aisle stop being so damn stubborn.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
All of you anti-Israel people must realize that the destruction of the Israeli state is completely unrealistic?
No, they don't realise it. BoS was a really good place for intelligent debate on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict until the attack of all these fail alias trolls. As far as I'm concerned they resort to trolling in the face of an acute lack of ability to have an intelligent debate, which is a real shame, because there are real arguments on the side of the Palestinians. Just leave the thread, if you want decent, thoughtful debate on the conflict from the Palestinian point of view look for sam04u or moll. .

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
No, they don't realise it. BoS was a really good place for intelligent debate on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict until the attack of all these fail alias trolls. As far as I'm concerned they resort to trolling in the face of an acute lack of ability to have an intelligent debate, which is a real shame, because there are real arguments on the side of the Palestinians. Just leave the thread, if you want decent, thoughtful debate on the conflict from the Palestinian point of view look for sam04u or moll. .
If you go through the early Israel Palestine threads you would see a lot of intellectual debates from both sides. Over the years its just becomes repetitive bullshit where the alter ego of pro Israel members hindering their capacity to see what is correct and what is not.

Jessica14

HSC
Ah, the old days..... You'd think that a group of university and HSC students that can be bothered to come on this site would be capable of a intelligent discussion.

Conitnuing with the main point of this thread, the section of Obama's speech on the Arab-Israeli conflict aside, I thought a lot of his mention of women's rights in the Muslim world. It was both fair and respectful, and had a good reception in the audience. Likewise, his words about democracy and statements that no nation can force its style of government on another were also well-received and rather different, at least in my opinion, to the words of the Bush administration, a welcome change in the Arab world. And yes, I know that a lot of things are different to the Bush administration.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
Pleast stop dwelling on the idea that something will happen. The naivety of some people on this forum never fails to amuse me.

Jessica14

HSC
Pleast stop dwelling on the idea that something will happen. The naivety of some people on this forum never fails to amuse me.
Well, something will happen, I will not even begin to suggest what, because something always happens. It's not nothing will happen.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
If you go through the early Israel Palestine threads you would see a lot of intellectual debates from both sides. Over the years its just becomes repetitive bullshit where the alter ego of pro Israel members hindering their capacity to see what is correct and what is not.
I don't want to go over old threads to see intelligent debate; I want to have it here, that's why I come to this forum and it pisses me off when trolls come and ruin the discussions. What do you derive from trolling? I can't see the faintest enjoyment to be taken from it, it's a waste of time, a purge on these forums as well as being responsible for the death of countless brain cells. Why not nourish your mind with some real debate?

Debating eventually does get repetitive, but only when stubborn people (on both sides) run out of things to say (and trolling ensues). I have had the rare opportunity to be involved in a thread where moderates from both sides really got something out of the discussion - which is why I keep coming back to this section of the forums, in the hope of once again having such a discussion. Maybe people need to experience such a discussion to appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)