• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Obama Addresses the Middle East (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
the people of the middle east must be really flattered, for sure.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
No, they don't realise it. BoS was a really good place for intelligent debate on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict until the attack of all these fail alias trolls. As far as I'm concerned they resort to trolling in the face of an acute lack of ability to have an intelligent debate, which is a real shame, because there are real arguments on the side of the Palestinians. Just leave the thread, if you want decent, thoughtful debate on the conflict from the Palestinian point of view look for sam04u or moll. .
Thanks for the compliment. Lately though I've stopped making serious posts in place of more comical ones due to the changing nature of the forum. Most of the quality posters are either inactive or gone all together and that means that intelligent debate is impossible. I do miss those days though.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Obama's too scared to criticize Israel.

"No single nation should pick and choose which nations hold nuclear weapons. That is why I strongly reaffirmed America's commitment to seek a world in which no nations hold nuclear weapons. And any nation – including Iran – should have the right to access peaceful nuclear power if it complies with its responsibilities under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty."

What about Israel and it's nuclear weapons and not signing the treaty?

"On the other hand, it is also undeniable that the Palestinian people – Muslims and Christians – have suffered in pursuit of a homeland. For more than sixty years they have endured the pain of dislocation. Many wait in refugee camps in the West Bank, Gaza, and neighboring lands for a life of peace and security that they have never been able to lead. They endure the daily humiliations – large and small – that come with occupation."

I wonder who caused that?
The majority of those living in those refugee camps weren't even alive in 1948 when the Arab agressors disagreed to live in peace alongside a Jewish state. The unwillingness for the Arab world to absorb these "brothers" has led to the current refugee problem which only exacerbates anti-Jewish, anti-Israel sentiment (which is what they want).

If their governments sort to relocate these persons, or if the Arab world (who is extremely wealthy) engaged in more philanthropist exercises to build new homes and villages in the West Bank then the problem wouldn't exist.

Keeping them all in close quarters in squalor-like conditions helps their cause better than pulling their own finger out and doing absolutely anything.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I just praised Satan when I had some energy drink.

The majority of those living in those refugee camps weren't even alive in 1948 when the Arab agressors disagreed to live in peace alongside a Jewish state. The unwillingness for the Arab world to absorb these "brothers" has led to the current refugee problem which only exacerbates anti-Jewish, anti-Israel sentiment (which is what they want).

If their governments sort to relocate these persons, or if the Arab world (who is extremely wealthy) engaged in more philanthropist exercises to build new homes and villages in the West Bank then the problem wouldn't exist.

Keeping them all in close quarters in squalor-like conditions helps their cause better than pulling their own finger out and doing absolutely anything.
If the Arabs choose to live in such mentioned conditions, it is their choice.
But by intervening you are disturbing the peace even against their will.
As a result of such actions, as long as Israel is still around there will not be peace in the Middle-East.

Sprangler

HSC
Can't really have an intellectual debate with a certified retard who shifts the blame absolutely from one side to the other side despite everyone other than his hyper-israeli brothers saying otherwise.
So which ever side wins an argument is based on which side has the most and loudest participants? No.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Its persian.

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
As a result of such actions, as long as Israel is still around there will not be peace in the Middle-East.
As long as world leaders maintain this sort of attitude, there will never be peace in the Middle-East. Whether or not you think it was right for Israel to have been formed in the first place (which I don't) it is now unrealistic to believe that they will ever cease to be a nation. In order to be constructive in the progress of creating peace, people must accept this fact.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
As long as world leaders maintain this sort of attitude, there will never be peace in the Middle-East. Whether or not you think it was right for Israel to have been formed in the first place (which I don't) it is now unrealistic to believe that they will ever cease to be a nation. In order to be constructive in the progress of creating peace, people must accept this fact.
Nope. The very notion of Israel's existence used as a military outpost for former colonial powers of Europe and America suggests that its existence is directly linked to keeping in check Arab states across the region. Stop fucking kidding yourself and suggesting that Israel is a small nation with democratic values and all that propaganda bullshit. Its a tiny fascist entity which is a parasite of the world. The faster the world comes to realize it the quicker we can remove such a shit stain.

Jessica14

HSC
This was something that Obama spoke of in his speech:

President Obama's Address said:
many Muslims recognize that Israel will not go away
Progress needn't be so reliant on history. After all, and I say this at the risk of sounding naive and idealistic, the entire notion of progress is about an understanding of the past, action in the present and a goal for the future. There's no sense disputing the legitimacy of the State of Israel sixty-one years after the fact. It is a failed argument that should be abandoned when there are so many other plausible accusations to be poised at both sides. Tully B. is right, even if you disagree with the nation's formation all those many years ago, it is not going away and continuously stating that fact is standing in the way of progress.

By the way, I'm interested to know how many people have read A Calculated Risk by Evan M. Wilson. I know the book is popular and I also know that it represents American ideals, but it does give good insight into Zionism in the 1930's and 1940's.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Obama's too scared to criticize Israel.
No, he's just very smart. Nietzsche once said that the best way to damage a cause is to deliberately defend it with faulty arguments.

HSC
N/A
I had made posts in this thread

BoS mods (who I suspect are of Jewish descent [and I mean that literally olololol]) are deleting my posts in an attempt to maintain their pro-Israel bias.

sprangler said:
So which ever side wins an argument is based on which side has the most and loudest participants? No.
no u guy, ur wrong! Jared shifts the blame from the aggressor to the victim by critisising their reaction to oppression. I, on the other hand, blame the aggressor, and rightly so.

Sprangler

HSC
I had made posts in this thread

BoS mods (who I suspect are of Jewish descent [and I mean that literally olololol]) are deleting my posts in an attempt to maintain their pro-Israel bias.

no u guy, ur wrong! Jared shifts the blame from the aggressor to the victim by critisising their reaction to oppression. I, on the other hand, blame the aggressor, and rightly so.
Seems to me that you can't build an effective argument so you resort to trolling.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
If the Palestinian cause is truly righteous, don't you think you're making a mockery of it and embarrassing those here who seek to convince readers who aren't aware of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

You're not impressing anyone other than each other, anyone unaware of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict who comes here would think you're all a bunch of idiots, and rightly so. If I was arguing for the Palestinian cause here, I'd be embarrassed.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
The pro Israeli really haven't got anything to stand on other than "well Israel exists now, lets make peace".
Baah, Israel should at least fucking take in the 1 million refuges around Israel and Palestine which was caused by your existence.

Last edited:

Jessica14

HSC
The pro Israeli really haven't got anything to stand on other than "well Israel exists now, lets make peace".
Baah, Israel should at least fucking take in the 1 million refuges around Israel and Palestine which was caused by your existence.
I wouldn't call that pro-Israeli, I'd call that realistic.

Naturally, Israel should be doing more, as should the surrounding Arab states, to provide for these refugees and the progression of their nation regardless of history.

Sprangler

HSC
While it seems all the "pro-Palestine" do is swear and YELL.

HSC
N/A
JonathanM said:
If the Palestinian cause is truly righteous, don't you think you're making a mockery of it and embarrassing those here who seek to convince readers who aren't aware of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
No. But I do think you're an inbred hick. What of it?

You're not impressing anyone other than each other, anyone unaware of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict who comes here would think you're all a bunch of idiots, and rightly so. If I was arguing for the Palestinian cause here, I'd be embarrassed.
Does this mean we can't be friends? :confused:

sprangler said:
Seems to me that you can't build an effective argument so you resort to trolling.
Seems to me like you have an itty bitty penis.

The issue has been debated at length in the Gaza and preceeding threads. I was the main dude there. The AIL and I won that debate.

This remaining debate is the throbbing after a pleasing orgasm, and you're the hand that continues to chafe. Fuck off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)