Obama? (1 Viewer)

zarlaya11

HSC
Hey guys,

Im obviously doing Hisoriography for my HSC and I would like to do something on Obama for my major project. The thing is, I have no idea what my focus questions could be! I keep getting it confused with a historical investigation and focusing on him rather than the media (historians) makes history about him. Help?!

Thanks

Nostalgia

HSC
zarlaya11 said:
Hey guys,

Im obviously doing Hisoriography for my HSC and I would like to do something on Obama for my major project. The thing is, I have no idea what my focus questions could be! I keep getting it confused with a historical investigation and focusing on him rather than the media (historians) makes history about him. Help?!

Thanks
Maybe something about his allege "Muslim" past or whatever
http://www.conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama this page has a nice list of allegation which they believe "proves" Obama to be Muslim but it can be easily debunked
Anyway good luck with your History Extension=)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Your Section TWO elective for History Extension (Maybe JFK, Elizabeth, etc), deals with a similar issue; Analysing a personality or event, via elements of historiography and debate. My advice is, seek out a question from the syllabus designed for a Section TWO personality or event, and try to apply it to your chosen personality (Obama). :)

Nostalgia

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
lol, what a joke.
haha ye...every media outlet in America is "liberal" while only Fox news is "balanced" according to them

bachna

HSC
hey man...umm i was thinking of doing the same thing, i asked my teacher she said i shouldnt cuz there isnt enough on him to conduct a develeoped project....:)

zzzz12345

HSC
I wouldn't say that doing something on Obama would be seen as 'History' rather than 'Current Affairs' and that distinction is something that you need to be careful with regarding the project. I would personally recommend that you pick a person (if you decide to do an individual) who has been dead for a while because this allows for historians not only to write about them but to also argue and alter their views regarding said person. Picking something too recent would be essentially setting yourself up for failure because there aren't exactly many books published that would deal with Obama as a historical figure rather than as a current world leader and on top of that sourcing historiography would be close to impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)