glock9
HSC
Re: Rudd to say Sorry on February 12

There all dumbasses, definately.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC

What the fuck are you all talking about?
Everyone who doesn't vote for the ALP?
Are you aware of the size of the spectrum of political stances that group encompasses?

HSC

jb_nc said:
Now, go back and read the post I quoted. Thanks, then admit you're the stupid one.
I have read it many times, no lie. If you are suggesting that I have put you on the wrong side, the I suggest, you make your posts clearer next time.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

I don't care what anyone else says, the Australian Government is not one continuous entity. There are various and distinct governments. Apologies in general cannot be made on behalf of someone else, at least not sincerely. There's a stark difference between feeling sorry and being apologetic. I have no qualms about stating that we feel sorry for the disgraceful acts of one of our yesteryear governments. But we can't apologise on their behalf. Any apology in this regard cannot possibly be sincere.

Come February 12 I predict a whole lot of nothing. He'll stand up and "apologise" and everyone, Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal alike, will be like "...k" and the exact same shit that goes down now will go down subsequently.

HSC

Schroedinger said:
I suggest you severely adjust your sense of humour from retarded robot to slightly-understanding human.
Humour? In a politics thread? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Dumsum said:
I don't care what anyone else says, the Australian Government is not one continuous entity. There are various and distinct governments.
The Australian government is not like one continuous entity. It's a series of tubes.

HSC

Evilo said:
unfortunatly it probably will. And ill be fuking pissed when my house gets handed to the aboriginies because its "sacred land".
that wont happen because aboriginals can only make claims on land that is owned my the commonwealth, and even then they have to prove that they have had extended traditional use of it.

HSC

and how can they prove "extended traditional use" when there is a dept. of community housing building on it?! thats the catch, they cant! lol. i think the only successful claim for native title that comes to mind is the Wik case up in QLD.

HSC

whoo fake and empty apologies on behalf of an entire fucking nation are super awesome.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Well I'm a wog and my parents were migrants so KRudd's apology shoudln't include wogs because we had NOTHING to do with it

although by that logic to say today's anglos had anything to do with it is just racism since they had no more to do with it than the wogs apart from being white, so it doesn't count for them either

so he isn't apologising on behalf of anyone at all that's alive :D

Dundasbro

HSC

In this one needs to note that there have already been significant reparation court cases won by Aboriginal peoples and also that an apology does not legally count as an admission of guilt, so the government apologising does not automatically mean money is instantly going to change hands. If the law has been broken and by the law damages should be dealt to people who were wronged, then so be it, it is the law. But this is just a gesture, and one that surprisingly has generated a lot of interest seeing as apologies for past acts of a government are commonplace worldwide. This is an apology towards people who were directly affected and indirectly affected by what happened, compared to other examples such as the Danish apologising for viking raids 1000 years ago on Ireland!

Nat3skiz

HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
so he isn't apologising on behalf of anyone at all that's alive :D
this whole thing ended during the 60's so i'm sure thered still be a few people around who'd have had something to do with it.
Whether they're alive or not,this whole deal with rudd means nothing more than "heres your apology you can shut the fuck up now".

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC

Nat3skiz said:
this whole thing ended during the 60's so i'm sure thered still be a few people around who'd have had something to do with it.
Whether they're alive or not,this whole deal with rudd means nothing more than "heres your apology you can shut the fuck up now".
Lets hope they do exactly that... but I doubt it.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Omfg.
You'se are all pathetic.
Put yourself in their shoes for a second and witness the trauma,
physically, emotionally/mentally, spiritually.
Everyday they were hurt this way, abused by 'white' folks, and told
to forget their original culture, lifestyle and tradition.
Put yourself in their shoes, some were even lucky to have shoes, and imagined get traumatised by witnessing a rape or forcefully being involved, just imagine not remembering who you are? where your from? your family?
Please read the papers before you talk about it on BOS.
Why haven't they compensated land now?
There not going to compensate land based on the moral values of this
apology. So stop fucking crying about it.
"Argh my house will be taken from me bullshit" - grow up?
The past cannot be changed obviously, but past wounds can be healed.
The process of reconciliation must start with a candid recognition of what took place. - THE FORCIBLE REMOVAL OF MANY ABORIGINAL CHILDREN FROM THEIR PARENTS AND COMMUNITIES
Watch Rabbit proof fence she escaped 3 times from their harsh rules. Obviously this must show some extent of the vicious conditions they were placed under and yet they dont deserve a simple apology?
This apology signals a new beginning for Australia and Australians. Moving forward with more complete vision of our past will allow us to create more
compassionate and generous future. This would be the start of the healing process.
So what's wrong with an apology?

UnleavenedBread

HSC

Zrap said:
Omfg.
You'se are all pathetic.
Put yourself in their shoes for a second and witness the trauma,
physically, emotionally/mentally, spiritually.
Everyday they were hurt this way, abused by 'white' folks, and told
to forget their original culture, lifestyle and tradition.
Cool, that happens to migrants everyday.
LETS DEMAND RUDD SAY SORRY TO THEM TOO!!!!!!!!

Put yourself in their shoes, some were even lucky to have shoes, and imagined
Thanks to the white man:)

get traumatised by witnessing a rape or forcefully being involved, just imagine
<3 trolls

not remembering who you are? where your from? your family?
Please read the papers before you talk about it on BOS.
Why haven't they compensated land now?
It was called Mabo.

There not going to compensate land based on the moral values of this apology. So stop fucking crying about it.
"Argh my house will be taken from me bullshit" - grow up?
Yeah, obviously our house won't be taken away. They're not crown land. But our tax money on the other hand...

Watch Rabbit proof fence she escaped 3 times from their harsh rules. Obviously this must show some extent of the vicious conditions they were placed under and yet they dont deserve a simple apology?
Superman can fly in his movies.

This apology signals a new beginning for Australia and Australians. Moving forward with more complete vision of our past will allow us to create more compassionate and generous future. This would be the start of the healing process.
Sorry day etc didn't symbolise a new beginning? Neither did reconcilation week?
Love the solid example of cause and effect though. We say sorry and the world is going to turn totally sweet:D

Remember people. GetUp is the authority on this!

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

If someone can explain to me how it's possible to sincerely apologise on behalf of someone else, then I'll accept all this.

UnleavenedBread

HSC

Optophobia said:
Migrants aren't targetted under official government policy. (They are targetted by white people who fantasize that they have the power to enact and enforce their own white-government policy :eek:... if they are targetted at all that is. I haven't really observed it.)
Yes because government policy was never assimilation and Australia never had xenophobic policies towards immigrants. I'm sure the first time racism against ethnics touched Australia with the Cronulla riots, right?

Superman is fiction. Rabbit proof fence is not.
Only a complete tool would claim that superman is fiction.
But of course, a movie loosely based on a book which is based on true story from personal account is exactly what happened and obviously unbiased. And it is also obviously the best source to use.:D

It's apparent that the lines between "government" and "citizen" are blured for you.
It's apparent that you are unaware of who elects the governments and who the government is representative of.
However, it was obsiouly a great cricism of my sceptisism towards saying sorry making the world turn sweet. Thanks for showing the world how smart you are.

UnleavenedBread

HSC

Dumsum said:
If someone can explain to me how it's possible to sincerely apologise on behalf of someone else, then I'll accept all this.
Rudd can do anything. He's like Chuck Norris...but better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)