• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official Apology Thread (1 Viewer)

For or against "apology"?

• Sorry was necessary.

Votes: 81 55.5%
  • Sorry wasn't appropriate.

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • I couldn't give a toss about them or an apology

Votes: 33 22.6%

• Total voters

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Re: Rudd to say Sorry on February 12

pen-el-ope said:
This idea about a million lawsuits miraculously appearing out of no where is illogical. Do you really think the majority of indigenous people are economically equipped to launch a legal campaign against the Australian Government? Its ridiculous and just an argument that ignorant liberals use so they dont have to say sorry.
As if there'd be a million lawsuits. There's only like 525,000 Aboriginals.

Maybe you really are talking about yourself when you say 'ignorant liberals' (i.e. little l)

Now back to the point (as I've said before)

The government apologises and as a good gesture transfers a couple of billion to the Aboriginal community or leaves the government open to liability. Cashed up Aboriginals will lead to an increase in the demand for petrol which will drive up prices.

An apology is all part of Rudd's new plan to control inflation.

Why question him?

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

I didnt even think there were half a million.

Are we including the ones whose great grandmother was half aboriginal? Like the chick at uni who is half abo/half Irish but her Abo heritage comes first (because it's more convenient$$$)

Zrap

glock9
HSC

There are more out there they just dont know there aboriginals.
Theres nothing to apologize for?
you've got to be kididng me, no point in arguing with waste of space in
this life.

P

pen-el-ope

katie_tully said:
Not ignorant liberals. dumbasses.

there is nothing for us to apologise for.
No. 'L'iberals that dont think there is anything to apologise for arn't ONLY ignorant, they're stupid.

Note; John Howard certainly acknowleged wrong had been done. Even he offered 'deep and sincere regret'. Mind you, I wouldnt exactly swear by his intellectual capacity.

K

katie_tully

pen-el-ope said:
No. 'L'iberals that dont think there is anything to apologise for arn't ONLY ignorant, they're stupid.

Note; John Howard certainly acknowleged wrong had been done. Even he offered 'deep and sincere regret'. Mind you, I wouldnt exactly swear by his intellectual capacity.
I'd take his intellectual capacity over yours any day. I'd take the intellectual capacity of a Toxoplasma gondii over yours.

There is nothing to apologise for. You're a bleeding heart idiot.

Yeah. He regretted that in the past there had been situations that were regrettable. Doesn't mean he or any other Australian is liable for an apology.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

Wrong was definitely done. That doesn't mean there's anything for us (by which I mean our government) to apologise for.

Governments are just people and people can't apologise on behalf of other people (past government). It's really that simple.

P

pen-el-ope

Schroedinger said:
that is the most fucking retardedly formatted post I have ever seen.
*Good point!

Keep those arguments comming.

*sarcasm

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC

I think they should just auto-ban all female 08'ers from NCAP.

Zrap

glock9
HSC

Honestly, what is wrong with saying the word sorry?
If it means helping someone?
Are most BOS users self centred SOBs.
Anyway whatevers his still going to say sorry, no matter what, along with
past LIBERAL prime minister Malcolm Fraser and Labor PM Whitlam.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC

I think the stolen generation thing may be a tad bit exaggerated in the sense of the malevolence involved... I even think the whole idea of the sorry thing is a little melodramatic... but tbh who cares? If this is so important to so many people then go ahead, it's not gunna hurt me.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Im looking forward to seeing how this apology would be/sound like ^_^

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

Saw Rudd say how he's working hard on getting the wording right otherwise it'll be a waste of a day. If only he could use a little bit more of his brain and realise it's a waste of a day no matter what he says.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

MaNiElla said:
Im looking forward to seeing how this apology would be/sound like ^_^
it'll probably be filled with exaggerations about the virtues of the aboriginal people and the awful things that happened to them, and include some symbolic gesture like an ugly mural or a song or a poem or something. it'll be tacky and cringeworthy.

i don't personally think we have anything to apologise for, and my attitude leans more towards the 'get over it' side of things, but if it's really so important to the aboriginal community to recieve a formal apology from the leader of a government who had nothing to do with the things that happened to them (or more specifically, people generations ago, it's not like the aboriginal kids today are being kidnapped by evil white people), then by all means, go ahead. but in the long term i don't think it'll do much good.

BradCube

HSC

While I myself am quite open to the idea of an apology from our government to the Stolen Generation (much in the same way customer service employees apologize on behalf of a company), I found this link quite interesting:

'Sorry' is not enough: Aboriginal Alliance

K

katie_tully

We are also concerned that the apology is not being accompanied by reparations, which is part of forgiveness,
O srs? When did monetary compensation become part of forgiveness

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

dieburndie said:
I think they should just auto-ban all female 08'ers from NCAP.
I tire of you. You are no longer my alt account.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

if the apology ends up being a sorry on behalf of the parliment, for the misdeeds of previous parliments (which i suspect it will be), i dont see how anybody can really be opposed to that

even if you are still opposed, like chadd said, i mean, does it realy affect you

HalcyonSky

HSC

Optophobia said:
on a macro-scale when damage has been done, then money is necessary, and whether people want to pay compensation is irrelevant - magistrates don't only order people to pay for damage to other peoples cars if the defendant wants to pay for the damage.
In which case you shouldn't be concerned about monetary compensation. Because if we are not liable and we have done nothing wrong, then no court would award damages?
so, if your great grandfather raped and murdered my great uncle, a court would order me monetary compensation from you due to the suffering my great grandfather went through after his brothers death, which then hindered the way in which my grandfather was raised by him, which then caused a chain reaction resulting in my father to not be able to hold a job, resulting in me being raised in a bad neighbourhood and sniffing petrol in my spare time?

fucking idiot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)