Official countdown for HSC results. (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
7 days 12 hours.

Beege said:
When will the marking guidelines/comments be posted on board of studies?

I don't know, but would be interested to know.

ZJ NingNing

HSC
ssejamafone said:
Yah. Sames. :( Well, not ripping-out-hair stressed, but a kind of subconsious nagging feeling at the back of my mind that all is not well..... :uhoh:

And, i'll be getting my results the day i leave for M'sia, so it'll probably be the make-or-break of the enjoyment of my holiday..... AND, after a week in M'sia, we're going to be staying with our relatives in Sydney for two weeks, and no doubt are they going to enquire about my uai/marks..... and, if my uai isn't as good as expected, then i'll have that hanging over me for two weeks, with tut-tut-ing relatives and all.... *explodes*....

eh. What do i care? It's my fault after all. :eek:

Yeh... i don't really care about what i get. But, i do care about what other people think of me when i do get my results... and that should theoretically lead me to caring about what i get.... but, i don't care... which is a paradox. And, paradoxes confuse me, so i'll just stop thinking about it, shall i?

Well, 8 days, eh? Shall be counting down.....

oh yeah. hi BOS! Long time no see!!! :)
i am the same with not caring for my UAI but caring about what people I like think of me. well, just so you know, Ping, I wont think any less of you even if you didnt get the best UAI. (trying not to be very corny cos this is a public forum after all) lol

what-for?

HSC
just received the letter today from UAC about UAI scaling and stuff. that's when the seriousness hit me.

did anyone else read that information booklet trying desperately to make some sense of what they were going on about for the scaling procedure? geez, it just does your head in.

to think that "HSC marks in the 60s can lead to UAI's in the 40s and lower and HSC marks in the 70s can lead to UAIs in the 50s" is a very bleak prospect.

samuel slack

HSC
Lol. I'm so glad I got some sense of all that stuff ages ago after trawling this site, otherwise reading that for the first time a week before we got out results. I would've been feeling like shit.

delyall

HSC
what about a letter????? what did it say abput scaling? why didnt i get one? anyone? explain?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
delyall said:
what about a letter????? what did it say abput scaling? why didnt i get one? anyone? explain?
You'll get it soon enough.

I recieved mine a day before my friends.

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
I'm really starting to stress lol
i was totally fine durin ghte actual hsc, its just now when you know its out of your hands. i just want to know my uai RIGHT NOW lol
i think im not going to get my marks from the bored of studies before i get my uai. it ight seem silly but i dont want to spend a whole day speculating... and stressing
either way i know im going to be totally smashed that thursday night hehe

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
joa.nst.ar said:
i think im not going to get my marks from the bored of studies before i get my uai. it ight seem silly but i dont want to spend a whole day speculating..
:p

williamc

HSC
joa.nst.ar said:
I'm really starting to stress lol
i was totally fine durin ghte actual hsc, its just now when you know its out of your hands. i just want to know my uai RIGHT NOW lol
i think im not going to get my marks from the bored of studies before i get my uai. it ight seem silly but i dont want to spend a whole day speculating... and stressing
either way i know im going to be totally smashed that thursday night hehe
You access your marks from http://www.studentsonline.nsw.edu.au/ you can then type your marks into SAM (for an approximation)(http://www.boredofstudies.org/sam/index.php).

Some estimate for UAI's over 90 it will be within +/- 0.5, and for UAI's less than 90 more like +/- 1. SAM could be really out of whack if they dramatically change the number of band 6's in advanced english though.

But ya, alcohololol for celebration or remorse fo sure on thursday night.

IceRealm

HSC
what-for? said:
just received the letter today from UAC about UAI scaling and stuff. that's when the seriousness hit me.

did anyone else read that information booklet trying desperately to make some sense of what they were going on about for the scaling procedure? geez, it just does your head in.

to think that "HSC marks in the 60s can lead to UAI's in the 40s and lower and HSC marks in the 70s can lead to UAIs in the 50s" is a very bleak prospect.
Have you noticed in the letter it says "You can access your UAI on UAC's website from 9am on Thursday 20 December 2007." I thought it was 6am Wednesday 19th December?:confused:

williamc

HSC
^You get your UAI from the UAC website at 9:00am on thursday, but we get our HSC results on the wednesday (19th) at 6:00am.

bttrflyeffect17

HSC
just wondering,
the results we get from board of studies on the 19th, are they our scaled marks or raw marks? cos it would make quite alot of difference

hmm

williamc

HSC
bttrflyeffect17 said:
just wondering,
the results we get from board of studies on the 19th, are they our scaled marks or raw marks? cos it would make quite alot of difference

hmm
They are our aligned and moderated marks. You can throw these marks into SAM for an estimation of your UAI.

SAM estimates what these aligned and moderated marks would be scaled. What happens though is that our raw marks are scaled using a scaling algorithim, the percentile of your total aggregate of scaled marks (rounded to 0.05) is your UAI.

You will never know your scaled mark, only your aligned mark (which is where you meet course standards).

HSC
less than one week already... i think time is going to pass even slower now... but i guess i dont mind.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
yeah im even more panicky now.

stupid asian relatives and their 99+ kids. noway is my UAI guna be anywhere near enough to compete with them. 90+ and i'll die a happy man.

williamc

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
90+ and i'll die a happy man.
by the age of death you would have forgotten your UAI. let alone when you are 40 odd. (out of order lol)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)