• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Official E³ Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes i think both blu-ray and hd-dvd are going to bomb badly. the market isn't ready for a new format.

Wii is cheap, but very innovative.
What I hate is how PS3 decided to copy the Wii (and if it does, it can't have vibration on the controller due to safety restrictions).
Whilst I was skeptical of the wii early on and thought it was crap, I commend them now for originality. Everyone said next-gen = better HD graphics. Nintendo said next-gen = innovative gameplay

Collin

HSC
N/A
The market is rarely 'ready' for a new format, but chances are it will inevitably integrate into society's IT infrastructure.. eventually. Personally, I would prefer HVD to reign superior over both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, but I doubt it will become a norm for consumers any time soon.
As for Wii, I have to say that the console itself looks promising. I wouldn't buy the machine, but I do hope they're successful with Wii.. I've always held a soft spot for Nintendo.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
wow those screen shops are fuckign amazing. They look so real. i hope its actually the game it self, and not just some introduction movie screenshot they like to show off.

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's definitely rendered by the new CryENGINE, and hence that is the type of graphical quality to be expected during actual gameplay (assuming you have the right hardware). This game, and a few others are precisely the reason why I'm waiting for DX10. I'm willing for unload out $4k in around Feb next year to get a Conroe/4GB/DX10 card machine for these upcoming titles. I had such a ball with Far Cry, so why not.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
HD DVD is shit

Blu-ray is superior

consoles are shit

Pc is superior

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)