"Official Notice: Revised examination specifications for Stage 6 Mathematics courses" (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
Re: "Official Notice: Revised examination specifications for Stage 6 Mathematics cour

How interesting.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: "Official Notice: Revised examination specifications for Stage 6 Mathematics cour

I think introducing a short MC section is no terrible thing. I am sure that 10 questions is as far as they would ever go with this idea - the questions will be very tricky, and contain a number of places which people can trip up on the simple things.
Besides, it'll give everyone a taste of the way university exams are tested too.

kooliskool

HSC

What do you mean the way university exam is tested? All the maths course I did in uni doesn't have any MC part in it..... What maths did you take?

MysteryGenius

HSC

Next they will introduce a new subject: "Drongo Maths" for those who find General Maths too challenging.
Applied mathematics is below general. But it doesn't count towards an ATAR.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing though =/ would it not encourage more people to take maths and perhaps grasp a better understanding of the basic concepts to, you know, suck less at life? lol

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

But it doesn't count hence people are less inclined to study well for it.

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC

This isn't necessarily a bad thing though =/ would it not encourage more people to take maths and perhaps grasp a better understanding of the basic concepts to, you know, suck less at life? lol
By the time you get to that level, the kids don't care anyway. Coming from a school with more General maths classes than mathematics, ext 1 and ext 2 combined. We even have kids asking to drop from Applied into Lifeskills because it 'looks easier'. Trust me, it doesn't make a difference - all it did was give General teachers a break from the more derro kids

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Tbh, they shouldn't be there in the first place.

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC

I agree. But that school leavers age really screwed us over :/

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Multiple choice??

Fuck i hate mulitple choice, in all my half-yearlies EVERY single mark i lost was from multiple choice (economics, legal and business tests)

I hate them grr

Bread_2_Toast

HSC

By the time you get to that level, the kids don't care anyway. Coming from a school with more General maths classes than mathematics, ext 1 and ext 2 combined. We even have kids asking to drop from Applied into Lifeskills because it 'looks easier'. Trust me, it doesn't make a difference - all it did was give General teachers a break from the more derro kids
tl;dr
there's no hope for dumbshits so lets give up on them now

fuck

something is bound to sink in and stick with these kids afterwards

have a little faith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)