Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey staz got the elite today! so sweet hey man, it does get a little hot tho after only a bit of game time? manufactured june 27 2007 so not too bad...hey just a question, when ur playin a game, say virtua tennis 3, is there anyway to get out of the game and back into the dashboard without havin to switch of the console? like is there someway of doing that...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'm guessing you don't want the two free games?

If it's getting hot you've probably got it in a poorly ventilated place. Make sure the power supply brick isn't on your carpet, and you've got a gap between the back of the console, all the vents and any surface.

You can go back to the dash by pressing the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your controller. Then, just press Y and accept. Voila :)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
the power brick was right next to the console and i guess it wasnt in a ventilated area, tho my tv and that manage? i figured it out btw lol, and yea nah im gettin plenty of games from many ppl, eg assassins creed, cod4, pro evo 2008, halo 3 to name a few over the next few days ill be busy as, not to mention havnt got live set up just yet.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey does anyone know how to register your xbox 360 online on the xbox website? i cant seem to find the link for that anywhere

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Led-Zep said:
the power brick was right next to the console and i guess it wasnt in a ventilated area, tho my tv and that manage? i figured it out btw lol, and yea nah im gettin plenty of games from many ppl, eg assassins creed, cod4, pro evo 2008, halo 3 to name a few over the next few days ill be busy as, not to mention havnt got live set up just yet.
haha you're the first person i know who has been too busy to get free games :p

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
what games are u talkin bout tho? im loving the controllers btw, and call of duty 3 rocks so far. fun game. wish u could eject the game using the dashboard without havin to get up and do it, lazy i know but u can turn it off without gettin up!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you can eject the game using the dashboard. you simply scroll to the bottom and press eject. however what's the point, as you need to get up and take out the disc anyway.

also, it's no longer 2 games. It's just one: Halo 3 Limited Edition. However, that's quite decent as they go on ebay for $90+

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
already got halo 3 but thanks anyways mate...ive tried scrolling down to the part in the dashboard where u would select the game to load/play but i didnt see the part to eject, is there a button to press? it just highlights the game for me, but i guess im just lazy

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
btw is ur 360 loud? i swear the elite is loud as, any idea if they are bringing out any new elite stock ala the new pro console and arcade with the falcon chips at all? i swear its like turning on a vacumm cleaner, not that bad when the volume is up but far out! my ps2 is half as loud and its not the slimline one..

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
the thing is bloody well loud.

will be buying dead rising tomorrow hopefully, and have my eye on the likes of virtua tennis 3, eternal sonata, virtua fighter 5, the new ace combat and more i can't think of atm.

what's everybody's favourite games?

ConjOB

HSC
Ok heres the deal, i got xbox 360 arcade. i wanna hook it upto internet. Im gonna need a wireless thing ive figured this .. from here i got no idea. anyone wanna help?? :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you can get it in gaming shops in australia for way too much money. i recommend getitng it from play-asia. You can use the following link and I would get some affiliation credit. It takes about 5-10 days shipping (or 2-3 if you pay extra) from Hong Kong. They are compatible in australia and about half the price. You can even pay via direct deposit:

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3f7l-71-es-49-en-15-wireless-84-j-70-190l.html

ConjOB

HSC
Once thats done whats this whole xbox live junk etc you gotta pay for? do i need that or do i just connect to internet then go to online section of game... atm only got Skate. and havnt really looked into online yet but gonna get CoD 4

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah you can buy xbox live packs from jb and other places. theyll include 1 year of live and a headsetq

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
actually dead rising is pretty great my fella has leveled up a bit and learning a few techniques.

also got a handful of xbla games:
geometry wars is taking up most of my time
street fighter II is street fighter II
undertow is fun but i have no one to play with
castlevania is also good but i'm lost and dunno where to go
waiting on rez, ikaruga and metal slugs

just bought halo 3 and plowed a bit thru the campaign. not bad at all. though it has reminded me what a piece of shit the storyline is.

will be active on live in two or so weeks once i upgrade my connection and get a wireless dongle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)