Official Xbox 360 Thread (2 Viewers)

poWerdrY

HSC
im not sure if i should get the GAME deal, because it was offered pre-price cut, so maybe an even better deal will be offered in a couple of days? iono :S how often does GAME publish new deals?

@stazi
what do the asterix mean?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The GAME deal is valid until tomorrow and it's awesome. doubt you'd get anything better.

60GB 360 + Kung Fu Panda + Lego star wars + Gears of war 2/fable 2 + a game off my list for $399.

and not sure what asterix means (maybe limited copies)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that deal is killer, seeing as most places have it for 499 or so still.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I rewarded myself for finishing the HSC by buying an Xbox 360 the other week.
Games i got:
GTA 4
Assassin's Creed
FIFA 09
Halo 3
Call of Duty 3
Ghost Recon 1
Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Last three were in a box set for the price of one, so i figured what the hey.

nikolas

HSC
moll. said:
Games i got:
GTA 4
Assassin's Creed
FIFA 09
Halo 3
Call of Duty 3
Ghost Recon 1

Nice, though you should trade in assassin's creed and cod 3 for either Cod4 or 5, Fallout 3, fable 2 or gears of war 2.

Personally i got fallout 3, always loved the post nuclear war setting.

Btw anyone having problems logging in on live?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
moll. said:
Games i got:
GTA 4
Assassin's Creed
FIFA 09
Halo 3
Call of Duty 3
Ghost Recon 1

i can get you a free game with your 360 purchase, if you're interested (as above)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
AsyLum said:
So who else is enjoying World Tour?
oi how is it? i got cod waw instead, it'll have to wait till next week.

any problems with the drums at all? i basically want to use it so i can muck around in the music maker thing

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
stazi said:
i can get you a free game with your 360 purchase, if you're interested (as above)
What's the catch?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
nikolas said:
Nice, though you should trade in assassin's creed and cod 3 for either Cod4 or 5, Fallout 3, fable 2 or gears of war 2.

Btw anyone having problems logging in on live?
You kidding? Assassin's Creed is honestly the best game i got out of the lot of them. I'm loving it.
But i can understand trading in Call of Duty. I was getting bored of it before i even finished. Reminded me too much of Medal of Honour Frontline, only with more driving.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
bradman said:
Wow, that an expensive 'reward' moll. Nice choice of games. No GoW though?

I did the same thing - but only with 3 games. Definitely worth it.

I <3 my 360
I had a lot of spare cash in the bank that i'd been saving for a car. Truth be told, i didn't buy the console, my parents did as an early 18th, but the games cost me about $450.
:D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
moll. said:
What's the catch?
1) take a photo of yourself holding the 360 box
2) scan of your receipt
3) select a game from the list

no catch, really.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
havent even played my 360 in months. since i bought it i think ive played it twice. more games are needed.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol wtf. i cant even afford all the awesome games out lately. its been a crazy month

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
oi how is it? i got cod waw instead, it'll have to wait till next week.

any problems with the drums at all? i basically want to use it so i can muck around in the music maker thing
Put it to the test with a bunch of little brother's friends tonight, and its pretty awesome. Drums were a bit weird, but seeing as I'm shit at it, the other person who knew how to play it was consistently getting 90%+ in band songs so I'm guessing its quite good if you know how to play :)

And how is WAW? Too many games coming out right now so that'll probably be one of the latter games, but I hear its pretty good for a treyarch CoD.

stazi said:
lol wtf. i cant even afford all the awesome games out lately. its been a crazy month
I know I'm down to 300 bucks till the next pay in a week or so and I just saw Mirror's Edge was out *cry*

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
nikolas said:
I didn't realise fallout 3 was on console platforms. And here's me comtemplating shelling out $1500 for a new PC.

Is it different/worse than the pc version in any sense?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Graney said:
I didn't realise fallout 3 was on console platforms. And here's me comtemplating shelling out $1500 for a new PC.

Is it different/worse than the pc version in any sense?
the pc version is buggy as all hell, but if you prefer to play fps on pc then there ya go. just get it on a console, 360 if ya can because it's said to play better compared to the ps3 and has exclusive downloadable content.

asy, waw is good clean fun. granted, it's the exact same thing as cod 4 with shitty guns. i don't think i've never played any of the treyarch cod games so i can't really comment on that. the graphics are top notch and coops been pretty decent and problem free (barring a bit of slowdown here and there). i'm a sucker for good or even plausible dialogue and story however, hence why i can't stand gears. bout halfway thru the story and i don't care for any of the characters at all. and vehicle sections in any fps game are a fucking snore. haven't touched on multiplayer, but it's looking decent because it's got more perks and such.

mirror's edge is a rent, i've been hearing you can clock it in 6 hours or so. that being said i'm getting it off ea for free, might take a month or so though to get it. waiting on my damn copy of dead space to get here.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i guess the advantage of fallout 3 on pc is the potential for user-made mods, and maybe better controls considering it's an rpg. other than that, it wouldnt be worse in any sense. could be better in other senses?

joshlols

HSC
Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3 (I have it on pc but its ownage nonetheless) are highly recommended (y)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
the pc version is buggy as all hell, but if you prefer to play fps on pc then there ya go. just get it on a console, 360 if ya can because it's said to play better compared to the ps3 and has exclusive downloadable content.

asy, waw is good clean fun. granted, it's the exact same thing as cod 4 with shitty guns. i don't think i've never played any of the treyarch cod games so i can't really comment on that. the graphics are top notch and coops been pretty decent and problem free (barring a bit of slowdown here and there). i'm a sucker for good or even plausible dialogue and story however, hence why i can't stand gears. bout halfway thru the story and i don't care for any of the characters at all. and vehicle sections in any fps game are a fucking snore. haven't touched on multiplayer, but it's looking decent because it's got more perks and such.

mirror's edge is a rent, i've been hearing you can clock it in 6 hours or so. that being said i'm getting it off ea for free, might take a month or so though to get it. waiting on my damn copy of dead space to get here.
Ahh damn, 6 hours rofl...ah might wait till after the WoTLK expansion for wow then :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)