OH YEAH BABY! I CAN SEE THE FREAKIN END OF THE TUNNEL!! (aka the Feedback thread) (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Yeh I'm not going to post my MW till I hand it in because perhaps by this it will be, whats the word...less crap.

I think we should just give up on this thread being about the actual topic!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Sweets said:
Yeh I'm not going to post my MW till I hand it in because perhaps by this it will be, whats the word...less crap.

I think we should just give up on this thread being about the actual topic!
Never. Instead let's expand the topic area so that we won't go off it.
Let's make this a forum about:

1) Our MWs, - First and foremost, on our MWs, any problems will be heard and all advice is welcome =)

2) Other subjects that you would like to discuss with fellow Ext 2ers :p

3) Non-school events and occurences that you would like to share with this smart group of Ext 2ers, who promise they won't adhere to the stupidity that seems inherent in the "Non-School" gutter, i mean forum =)

I think it's quite impossible to go off-topic now :p

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
hmmm... agreed to (1)
agreed to (2)

as for 3.. that would become absolute and utter spam... lol...

and then the thread will be closed... or even worse.. deleted...

Alimoe_KG

HSC
physician said:
hmmm... agreed to (1)
agreed to (2)

as for 3.. that would become absolute and utter spam... lol...

and then the thread will be closed... or even worse.. deleted...
Haha you think? But all who do Ext 2 are bound to be intelligent young people and even their spam must conceal somethign worthy :D
Meh. You're probably right :p
We'll scrap option 3 than.
Although if you really need to unlock it, it''ll be there :D

Now, i'm trying to put 3 seperate scenes that basically say the same things into one. It's proving quite troublesome. I'm sure all have encountered this in their cutting down stage ? =/

Alimoe_KG

HSC
nick1048 said:
EE2 ENGLISH PWNZ! I've done 2 drafts and I'm working towards the finished gunk
I've finished 0 drafts but i'm working towards the finished gunk nevertheless. I don't think i'll be having drafts =)

physician

HSC
Airness said:
Now, i'm trying to put 3 seperate scenes that basically say the same things into one. It's proving quite troublesome. I'm sure all have encountered this in their cutting down stage ? =/
cutting down stage... I don't have anything to cut down on... lol

oh other than the fact that i deleted 5000 words of complete cr*p whch i wrote at the beginning of the course.. hmm show's how bad my english used to be... although it still is shocking.. but better than before...

physician

HSC
Airness said:
I've finished 0 drafts but i'm working towards the finished gunk nevertheless. I don't think i'll be having drafts =)
same... i don't have darfts... i have drafts for seperate poems.. but not whole complee drafts of my major work...

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
i think at this stage i have 3145 words, and i've got one more poem for inclusion that would make the word count around 3400. So that leaves the other 1500 max for the reflection statement. it's perhaps subject to change though, i have a few more works that are beginning to take shape that might replace the final inclusion.

but yeah, i'm not sure how hard our school might mark us in regards to english, but i can attempt to guess how i have been going...

i think in 2u i'm on 90 or 91, which is first by 7 or 8 marks.

in 3u i would be close to...perhaps, 95? i'm not sure

and 4u, i think maybe 97

HSC
N/A
Airness said:
Never. Instead let's expand the topic area so that we won't go off it.
Let's make this a forum about:

1) Our MWs, - First and foremost, on our MWs, any problems will be heard and all advice is welcome =)

2) Other subjects that you would like to discuss with fellow Ext 2ers :p

3) Non-school events and occurences that you would like to share with this smart group of Ext 2ers, who promise they won't adhere to the stupidity that seems inherent in the "Non-School" gutter, i mean forum =)

I think it's quite impossible to go off-topic now :p
I'm sorry Airness, but as physician has pointed out, if this turns into a spam thread it WILL be deleted.

"non-serious" threads such as IPR in the Short Stories subforums are permitted to remain so long as the spam stays there, does not leak into the rest of the forum, and preferably if it does have integrity of some kind (otherwise it is better off in the Non-School forum). IPR is written almost exclusively in fairly formal third-person narration (except when it first began), and has a history of 'mature' conversation, with a sense of decorum and without the netspeak and profanity other spam threads might contain. A second thread in the style of IPR is neither required nor desired by the moderators.

This is a perfectly good thread as it is without degrading itself into a spam thread which WILL be deleted.

Considering the nature of the course, EE2 has a fair bit of creative leeway SO LONG as all posters remember that this forum is specifically for the purpose of EE2 students helping other EE2 students. There HAS been more than one spam thread in the EE2 forums, but it was under special circumstances (MW's had just been handed in, and a hundred or so elated EE2 students needed a place to unwind).

PLEASE take care of all your spamming requirements in Non-School, which was created specifically for that purpose. If you do wish to post in IPR (the 'recreational' EE2 thread) then you are more than welcome - however PLEASE don't go absolutely nuts in there - remember, this is still the EE2 forum!! Not Non-School!

Last edited:

OutOfOrder

HSC
Just finished my first draft last night at 10000 words! now i gotta go see if i can perfect it!

man it is such a relief to finally have a draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I'm sorry Airness, but as physician has pointed out, if this turns into a spam thread it WILL be deleted.

"non-serious" threads such as IPR in the Short Stories subforums are permitted to remain so long as the spam stays there, does not leak into the rest of the forum, and preferably if it does have integrity of some kind (otherwise it is better off in the Non-School forum). IPR is written almost exclusively in fairly formal third-person narration (except when it first began), and has a history of 'mature' conversation, with a sense of decorum and without the netspeak and profanity other spam threads might contain. A second thread in the style of IPR is neither required nor desired by the moderators.

This is a perfectly good thread as it is without degrading itself into a spam thread which WILL be deleted.

Considering the nature of the course, EE2 has a fair bit of creative leeway SO LONG as all posters remember that this forum is specifically for the purpose of EE2 students helping other EE2 students. There HAS been more than one spam thread in the EE2 forums, but it was under special circumstances (MW's had just been handed in, and a hundred or so elated EE2 students needed a place to unwind).

PLEASE take care of all your spamming requirements in Non-School, which was created specifically for that purpose. If you do wish to post in IPR (the 'recreational' EE2 thread) then you are more than welcome - however PLEASE don't go absolutely nuts in there - remember, this is still the EE2 forum!! Not Non-School!
Understood. Hmmm let's think of IPR as for recreational purposes. We scrapped option number 3 remember? :p
So this thread will be purely for progress reports on our MWs and other subjects. So it's all purely academic :uhhuh:
If anyone spams (including myself), i shall blast them with displeasure and big words until they stop =)

HSC
N/A
Good work - but for all those thinking of posting in IPR, please remember: Avoid profanity and netspeak, please use third-person narration and respect your fellow IPR poster :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Good work - but for all those thinking of posting in IPR, please remember: Avoid profanity and netspeak, please use third-person narration and respect your fellow IPR poster :)
And same rules apply for this one. Except third-person narration may be omitted :p

Now, to get back to the topic at hand, i am still stuck in my endeavour to meld to scenes into one that says the same thing.
I think i may just skip this section first and go on with the rest of the story and come back to it later. Like one would do in a maths test =)

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
I'd prefer to have to merge stuff than extend stuff.

I finished my draft a week ago and it was THREE THOUSAND WORDS.

Am considering cutting it up into stanzas and putting each sentence on a new line and submitting it as poetry. I'll call it postmodern and people will love me.

:(

Alimoe_KG

HSC
fine ambiguity said:
I'd prefer to have to merge stuff than extend stuff.

I finished my draft a week ago and it was THREE THOUSAND WORDS.

Am considering cutting it up into stanzas and putting each sentence on a new line and submitting it as poetry. I'll call it postmodern and people will love me.

:(
Yeah i agree completely. Merging = cutting down words. Extending = more words over the limit lol.

Hmmm if someone has the guts to go against pomo. Now people might not love you as much. But i certainly would :D

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Can anyone give me an interesting/entertaining ending? My play basically consists of two guys plotting to take control of the world...[insert ending here].

HSC
N/A
Airness said:
Yeah i agree completely. Merging = cutting down words. Extending = more words over the limit lol.

Hmmm if someone has the guts to go against pomo. Now people might not love you as much. But i certainly would :D
goldendawn had the guts to go against pomo. :) And look where he is now!

... Greece. ;)

Although he did do quite well, and I quite enjoyed his story.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
glitterfairy said:
goldendawn had the guts to go against pomo. :) And look where he is now!

... Greece. ;)

Although he did do quite well, and I quite enjoyed his story.

hahaha i'm going against pomo...a bit =) not a huge lot of course. You still want to give the markers their mental orgasms.

HSC
N/A
i've screwed up all my work this year (stupid hsc)
i hate distractions
i hate school
and i'm really stuck with the reporty thing that is due tomorrow - the interviewy part
argh
40% of tha total
im f*kd!!!
arggghhh
need to write more
needddd to write!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)