OMFG. command and conquer: RED ALERT 3 comming soon!!!!! (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
RA 2 was the best but I can't find my CDs for it:(

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
they should change the story line or make a new game which is up to date with the latest global events.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
just tried again. picture says it all:
the graphics look ugly.....but i cracked up when i read "motherland" lol so Russian. lol

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
hah just got my beta key, gonna download the game tonight and be playing 2morrow :D

if any1 else has the beta and wants to play online let me know.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
bigboyjames said:
the graphics look ugly.....but i cracked up when i read "motherland" lol so Russian. lol
You haven't played RA2 before? The jpg compression didnt help, its quite bareable though. Also RA3 won't look like that, it'll look more like this, if anything:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
You haven't played RA2 before? The jpg compression didnt help, its quite bareable though. Also RA3 won't look like that, it'll look more like this, if anything:

lol, ive played red alert 2 and c&c3.....just looking at that screen shot after 8 years is a turn off! But if I played the game i should get back into rhythm!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I hope the storyline is less comic than 2. RA1 had a real story, at least for the Soviets. They were mean, cruel, scheming, beady-eyed, brutal. RA2 was cartoony in every way - obviously with the graphics, but the story was so exaggerated. Russians were bumbling, weak blahblahbal. I guess this reflected their loser complex, but it was a bit hollow for me. Is a decent, coherent, believable, semi-complex plot- to match the exquistite gameplay- too much to ask for!?

I hope the story has the same/greater depth as the first, is what i'm saying. Bring back Stalin, make the Allies less cutesy.
I love them all as my children though.

A continental Soviet saga is our destiny

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
heh i doubt it, looks like the game is going to be extra camp

heres a screenshot i took in game beta, ill make some more later but right now you can only play online against others so i didnt want to alt tab away for too long

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Wtf - Empire of the rising sun? Piss off. Robo future kung-pow power rangers, in my Red Alert?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Iron said:
Wtf - Empire of the rising sun? Piss off. Robo future kung-pow power rangers, in my Red Alert?
empire of the rising sun isnt that hectic, they have like strange units based of bugs and shit so its basically a joke.

The allies have a destroyer which has a secondary ability, it produces this shield over a large area that absorbs all damage into the destroyer [and those things have massive hp] so basically one or two destroyers and a shitload of high damage/low hp ships decimates everything....kinda needs a balance tweak.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ive played with the rising sun a bit more and they are alot of fun, their mechs can convert into other stuff e.g a tank into a helicopter. This beta is buggy as shit though, i cant seem to get any replays to work, and the screenshot function isnt working either, so i am still having to print screen then paste into paint to save it :(

Gameplay wise though the game is very solid, looks to be a heap of fun, and a bar a few balancing issues and assuming the single player has a good story [the beta has no single player] then this would be well worth buying.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
one of the game series i grew up to.
cant fucking wait!

all your base are belong to us

Blazamane

Banned
HSC
Yeah ive seen it in action, my mates have beta keys they say its overhyped.

Mongoosedog

HSC
HNAKXR said:
one of the game series i grew up to.
cant fucking wait!

all your base are belong to us
so what, that would make you, like, 12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)