OMG @ the workload (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
the workload is getting heavier. I only have 6 free periods a fortnight. Maths homework takes me 3 hours to do a night. After that, I only have two hours for other subjects. I don't have enough time to do anything! The difficulty of the Maths courses are also increasing. Yesterday, I spent two hours trying to figure out how to do this question from 4 unit maths. I'm getting dumber. I can barely keep up with what the teacher is trying to say in 4 unit maths, and in 3 unit maths, I'm lacking motivation. I couldn't care less if the tangent cuts the parabola at R or T. I just don't care and don't bother to learn how to do questions anymore. When I do, I just don't understand how to do it. also, I can't manage my time properly! I feel as if I am going to go downhill in my results. I feel as if I have wasted 13 years of my life to get 50% in all my exams. HSC sucks. It's too much work. I can't handle all of this. I hate this so much. I don't know what I'm going to do if my results start to drop. I guess I'll have to put my head down and keep studying even if I can only get a paragraph done for English and 2/15 questions done for maths. Maybe the HSC is more about brains than hardwork. Brains...hmmm.... something that I lack. I'm screwed. ~ End of Rant ~ What say YOU about the workload?

saberbladexx

HSC
hardly any workload for me lol, i have a lot of spare time even after revising.

Just use your time effectively.

Btw make sure you don't burn yourself out, only 1 week has elapsed.

Staseycat

The last of her kind.
HSC
We have barely any workload at my school. The only homework we had was for 4 unit maths.

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
nope. i get 20 free periods a week, so i get all my homework done at school and justread my english texts at home. easy peasy

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
maybe you could drop a subject? or drop down to 3unit instead?

Its only been one week man.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
maybe you could drop a subject? or drop down to 3unit instead?

Its only been one week man.
I think I might drop down to 3 unit, or drop History Extension or Drop Studies of Religion. Definitely going to drop one of them Yeah it's been one week.. but the work is just too much. This term is short - it's only 9 weeks, and so our teacher is planning to get Complex Numbers done in 4-5 weeks. That means pages and pages of homework :( is there anyone else in the same situation of having to do SO MUCH HOMEWORK? i dont think I'll do the homework that's irrelevant.. that shall give me more time to do the maths

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
maybe you should consider dropping a unit if the workload is too much, honestly the hsc is not worth going through this much pain over. Secondly maybe your school's internal expectations are higher than the state average so 50% in an exam is 80% in a hsc exam. Consider your priorites and perhaps talk to a teacher about the work. If you are this stressed now wait for the trials or teh actual hsc, then you'll know what real stress is.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
is there anyone else in the same situation of having to do SO MUCH HOMEWORK? i dont think I'll do the homework that's irrelevant.. that shall give me more time to do the maths
Honestly broski, you sound just like I did with regard to maths...

- slow at questions
- hard to get your head around abstract concepts
- can't keep up with the teacher etc etc etc

Personally, I dropped from Extension/Advanced to general and decided to spend a lot more of my time understanding simpler subjects like Biology and History, and honestly, it was the best decision I've made in all my years at high school. For you, it's probably just a matter of reducing your workload (it sounds like you're doing 14+ units lol) and organising your learning so that it's easy to understand.

Whenever I feel as though everything is taking over, I sit down and write down my 6 subjects. Then from these 6 subjects I find out the core topics/modules for the year. From there, I can easily direct myself into an area that needs attention.

Last edited:

samthebear

HSC
why dont you do some maths work in your free periods? assuming each period is 50 mins long, you have 300 minutes extra per-week to do maths. since you say you do 3 hrs of maths homework pernight, that means you're doing 900 minutes of maths pernight every week. if you do maths in those 6 free periods, you technically only need to do 600 minutes of maths at home perweek. which works out to about 2 hours of maths per day. So you can spend 3 hours doing other subjects.

DInfinity

Ad Infinitum
HSC
why dont you do some maths work in your free periods?
On that note, why don't you also do some work when you travel to and from school (provided it's not dangerous, e.g. on the train). You can try finish off the easier homework before you get home, leaving you with only math to do on most days.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lol, i remember term 4 for me last year. i was basically only doing maths, and the bare minimum for every other subject. i did essays for english one day b4 they were due, and that was basically the only english work i did, apart from reading the texts.

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
definitely drop a subject, i would say extension maths. There's no need for you to continue on with 13 units or whatever it is when you're only required to have 10. If it's already hard 1 week in then it's just going to become harder as the year goes on and eventually you'll burn out. The worst thing that could happen is if you burn out, so drop a subject, find some time to relax and have a little bit of time for yourself and you'll get through it.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
you are the biggest NOOB in the history of mankind, and yes i was refering to you ninetypercent, should prolly change your user name to i-am-a-whining-little-bitch-percent. man up.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
Suckers... I remember what it was like to be in year 12... all those days ago.
I seemed to breeze through it! It's all about positive energy, attitude is everything. You'll be fine. But hey, I'm finished high school, so what do I care!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)