OMG @ the workload (1 Viewer)

suling

HSC
ninetypercent...i can see where you are coming from. I already have an insane amount of work to do and am stressing out, only one week in..

I have been coming first in most of my subjects all year..which sucks since prelim doesn't count. So worried that now it actually counts I won't be able to keep up the good marks..

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
OP you have way too many units, most of the work wont even count towards your HSC! What correlation is there between the subjects you've chosen and what you want to do after school? You should consider that and drop accordingly.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
you are the biggest NOOB in the history of mankind, and yes i was refering to you ninetypercent, should prolly change your user name to i-am-a-whining-little-bitch-percent. man up.
To be fair, I remember when we were in their position and the '08ers like tommykins and may-cat came in calling us whingers and shit.
Hah

speedofsound

HSC
i swear this year group contains some of the most melodramatic students in the history of all education

ashllis92

HSC
Maybe you're not cut out to do 4 unit? It seems that 4 unit is the main problem for you, why not talk to your teacher and see what they say about the workload and the quality of your work? Although the HSC is pretty important it's not worth getting really stressed and anxious about especially this early in, you sound like someone the night before their HSC exam who hasn't studied but wants a 99+ ATAR level of stressed so chill! You should try and make yourself study timetable for the week, first draw a table and put in all the things you can't change ie. weekly sport, a job etc. Then each night put in 30mins for dinner and some time to just chill eg. your favourite TV show. Then take stock of how much time you have left for homework and revision. In each section of time put a subject ie. 4 unit maths and also what you want to accomplish in that time frame ie. Finish 10 questions from exercise 3. This saves you all that time sitting at your desk and thinking "Ummmm I should do some homework. What should I do? I forget what I needed to do for maths. I know I'll ring Bob and ask him....." like I did every night this year lolGET ORGANISED! I know it may sound really cliche but I can't stress how much stress it saved me this year (excuse the pun) Get a system happening which organises todays work, todays homework, continuing revision and assessment tasks. These are just some tips to help you make the most of your time, good luck, you've only just started so just chill out! Leave the stressing to trials and HSC!

Mehae

HSC
this is how my first week went
school-homework-study-sleep

Mudcake

HSC
Hehe I remember starting year 12... Also I know it varies from person to person, I find I can learn quite easily and get by a lot of the time with little effort, though I do study hard when it comes to exam time. So if that's not you maybe this doesnt apply...but....CHILL OUT! Seriously, teachers stress how hard the HSC is, how you should study 6 hours a night etc etc. It ISNT true. Do your homework when it was a hard topic but you'll find you go better with a more laid back attitude where you dont mind studying now and then but if you MAKE yourself do it every night you'll end up feeling unmotivated and burn out and it's only just that start.

I also picked 4 unit maths, my firend dropped it though and I didnt want to do it without her but i gave it a go. It got really hard, too hard for a one unit subject to be worht it so i dropped it and I'm so glad I did. You should really only do it for the love of maths otherwise ull just stress and it probably wont even end up counting.

Basically: chill out and trust us that you don't need to work that hard yet, drop down to ext maths and feel safety in numbers that everyone else also thinks its gay and isnt studying

Good luck!

Lukybear

HSC
OP sounds like me. Dumb and hard to get concepts, and have only been passing through school with load of hardwork. Luckily or unluckily our teachers are all lazy bastards and arent pushing us at all.

TruBlu

HSC
Take the shit and live with it. It hasn't even been 2 weeks into Yr 12 yet, and you've fml'd to this state.

HSC's and Yr12 are an experience everyone goes through, rough up ffs.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Sucked in, 12 units. Also, I remember I calculated that I had 18 x 45 minute free periods. Which constitutes to about a day and half of school doing nothing. Ahh, creative subjects = the life. Stressful at trials, I'll admit. But cruising the HSC now.

ozziguy

HSC
Wow if your struggling already all I can say is...you ain't seen NOTHING yet. Everyone has to do it, its not easy but you will live. Talk to your advisor/school councillor or whatever if your struggling but just know this....it will NEVER get easier until its finished, so just accept that fact and either harden up and plow through it or change your subjects.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
If you are struggling to that extent, I really recommend you to drop something. I am a hard worker as well but I never work beyond 3 hours per day. I reckon it's not necessarily up to the brain. It's probably more up to how you study. If you struggle with question, seirously, skip the damn thing and move on. If you cannot do anything, ask for help. If you still cannot do it, geez, that subject is not for you. For me, whenever I struggle in maths, I get the solution and I try to understand it and if not memorise the solution (briefly how it is done and etc.)

alina yousif

HSC
IT'S okay I'm sure you'll be fine. I do 13 units and I never got any study periods! In fact we couldn't fit my english ext2 period anywhere that the only time I had it was every monday morning from 6:30 until 8:30 and during most lunch times and I still managed.. Just don't stress because remaining calm and confident will get you through many challenges.. Goodluck

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
the workload is getting heavier. I only have 6 free periods a fortnight. Maths homework takes me 3 hours to do a night. After that, i only have two hours for other subjects. I don't have enough time to do anything! The difficulty of the maths courses are also increasing. Yesterday, i spent two hours trying to figure out how to do this question from 4 unit maths. I'm getting dumber. I can barely keep up with what the teacher is trying to say in 4 unit maths, and in 3 unit maths, i'm lacking motivation. I couldn't care less if the tangent cuts the parabola at r or t. I just don't care and don't bother to learn how to do questions anymore. When i do, i just don't understand how to do it. Also, i can't manage my time properly! I feel as if i am going to go downhill in my results. I feel as if i have wasted 13 years of my life to get 50% in all my exams. Hsc sucks. It's too much work. I can't handle all of this. I hate this so much. I don't know what i'm going to do if my results start to drop. I guess i'll have to put my head down and keep studying even if i can only get a paragraph done for english and 2/15 questions done for maths. Maybe the hsc is more about brains than hardwork. Brains...hmmm.... Something that i lack. I'm screwed. ~ end of rant ~ what say you about the workload?
lol

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Dw, man. You'll ease your way into it. It's just a bit of a shock now.
Consider dropping a subject as well. At least you have this community to support you - there's always someone who can answer a question or two.
Also, get heaps of sleep... That was the worst part for me. I have never had enough sleep. Look at me now. It almost half past three in the morning and I have to be up at 8. Haha.

You'll find your way, I'm sure =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)