On the day of HSC results, what is given to us? (1 Viewer)

YumLollipop

HSC
As the topic sentence says, anyone know whether they tell us our rankings in school, scaled mark for assessment and HSC mark, or combined marks?

Heshy

HSC
rankings are given out soon i think
assesment, hsc exam and final mark are given on the day of the hsc results

well that was my experience for an accelerated subject 2 years ago

0bs3n3

HSC
Do you receive that prior to receiving your ATAR? Is that how you can calculate your ATAR with SAM?

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Yeah so essentially you can estimate your ATAR with your marks the day before the actual ATAR's are released.

5233andy

HSC
Folks, I'm getting confused as to what UAC utilises for the calculation of the ATAR. On their website, it states:

"The actual calculation of your ATAR is a complex process that begins with scaling your raw HSC marks and ends with ranking you among your entire Year 7 cohort."

In terms of 'raw HSC marks', is that the final overall HSC mark, or am I dreaming? Is it simply the external HSC examination mark? Thus our ranking is pretty much useless, in terms of affecting the marking in which UAC utilises?

sickk

HSC
yes what is assessment ranks?
is this the HSC assessment rank that y our school gives you, ie course rankings internally?

Last edited:

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC
Folks, I'm getting confused as to what UAC utilises for the calculation of the ATAR. On their website, it states:

"The actual calculation of your ATAR is a complex process that begins with scaling your raw HSC marks and ends with ranking you among your entire Year 7 cohort."

In terms of 'raw HSC marks', is that the final overall HSC mark, or am I dreaming? Is it simply the external HSC examination mark? Thus our ranking is pretty much useless, in terms of affecting the marking in which UAC utilises?
raw HSC mark is the mark u got from ur HSC exam witout the scaling stuffs..

yeah.. speakin of raw HSC marks.. is it possible for us to get our raw HSC marks from BoS?? cause i wanna know how well i went.. rofl..

5233andy

HSC
^^
So practically speaking, your rank in a subject is pretty much useless, in terms of what it can do for your ATAR?

Fantastic... what a great Christmas present...

daniieee

HSC
yes what is assessment ranks?
is this the HSC assessment rank that y our school gives you, ie course rankings internally?
Yep yep.
raw HSC mark is the mark u got from ur HSC exam witout the scaling stuffs..

yeah.. speakin of raw HSC marks.. is it possible for us to get our raw HSC marks from BoS?? cause i wanna know how well i went.. rofl..
I'd also like to know but somehow I doubt they'd go to all the trouble of handing out raw marks.
^^
So practically speaking, your rank in a subject is pretty much useless, in terms of what it can do for your ATAR?

Fantastic... what a great Christmas present...
Lolol I'm pretty sure your ranks do matter, but the way I see it, your internal assessment rank is of less significance than your external HSC performance.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Yep yep. I'd also like to know but somehow I doubt they'd go to all the trouble of handing out raw marks. Lolol I'm pretty sure your ranks do matter, but the way I see it, your internal assessment rank is of less significance than your external HSC performance.
ive heard about 30 diff stories... and one is that the way its broken down is 60% HSC and 40% internal

jonjoony

HSC
So wait the ranking in november is that the ranking of your hsc exam in your year or the assessment rank in school lol

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
18th November: Assessment Ranks available, 16th December: HSC results released by Board of Studies, 17th December: ATAR results released by UAC
Ranks will be released 5 pm on 13 November, day of the last HSC exams. Advice from BOS coming soon ...

tinkz17

HSC
hey can anyone help me how do we recieve our hsc results? and what should one get in each subject to recive a atar of 30 or less?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)