One of those "HELP 10 or 12 units!!" thread. (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
considering it's d&t, and knowing what some of my friends went through with the major work, if you're not into it, dropping it is probably best. major works are bitches, trust me, i did two! just make sure you throw 100% into your other subjects. best of luck!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I don't know Tulli. It's just hard to predict the future.

There are many cases of "what if" and yeah, there isn't way to see through that.

However, from my own personal experience, if I were you I would drop it. But...if I liked DT, there is no way I would drop it because recently, I have come to realise that HSC is not necessarily about UAI. It's about doing what you like. That's why I am sticking to 4 Unit maths even though it seems very silly in terms of UAI-wise. My current subject lists consists of tank subjects like cosmology and 4 unit but I guess I am doing all of them.

Even though I dropped 4 unit, I wouldn't work necessarily harder for my each subject. I am the type of guy who adpats his study methods to the needs of each subject. So I will just study 1-2 hours more everyday for doing 4 unit.

Anyway, enough about me. You should choose the best course of action for you. If you are willing to put more efforts for DT and if you like the subject, don't you ever drop it. Because at the end of the day, you will eventually do better in that subject. AND, if you need DT for further studies, that should be the another reason why you shouldn't drop it.

bored of sc

HSC
10 if you are confident.
12 if you need a kind of safety netting.

overRun

HSC
I would do 12 units just in case YOU STUFF 1 OR EVEN TO SUBJECTS it would be a dreadful feeling thinking ohh i should of done that subj DAM or maybe u should do 10 units and after finishin u get a great feeling YES lucky i didnt do that subject.

BUt i mean its all up to you what u do, both ways it can end in tragedy.

Better early than late.

so even though u have 2 extra unit what's the big deal u may put a little effort and get a good mark but not doing it can lead to something worse.

Ok lets do some computer programming

CASE 1 : DO EXTRA SUBJECT

IF((exra unit = 2) && ( effort = little to some ) // && means "and"
{
Write("May get a good mark in that subject")
Write("May fail or do extremely bad in 1 or 2 subject so would be a good bak up just in case " + " you never know what will happen")
}
ELSE
IF(MARKS in other subject > subject you want to drop)
{
Write("Subject didnt count, but was a good bak up just in case no regret but if u didnt do it and bad mark in 1 subject then = bad mark DAM")
}

CASE 2: DONT DO EXTRA SUBJECT.
i cant be bothered doing what i did in case 1 but
if u choose not to do that extra subject yes at the end of the year if that subject didnt count and your still happy even though u didnt have to worry about the extra effort but its good to have a bak up just in case u know.

What happens if u did 10 units and 2 of that 10 units u failled then there goes you mark wooopps.
and etc.....

BUT AT THE END ITS ALL UP TO YOU

lou071

HSC
N/A
Yes, 10 or 12 units, that is the question.

At the beginning of the year I was extremly ready to do 12 units, thinking it was smart to have a back up, but now im wondering if it is worth it.

My subjects are General maths, Adv English, Biology, Anc History, pd/h/pe and design and technology.

I want to drop design and technology. It is so much work, it is taking up alot of my time and I find it difficult to score well in. Its taking up alot of my time and I'm spending less and less time on the other five subjects.

Currently my ranks in each class are:
Maths: 2/28
English: 5/58
Biology: 1/12
Anc: 6/18
PE: 1/18
Design tech: 8/12

I understand not having the back up is risky, but to be honest I do put alot of effort into my school work and deep down I believe I can achieve well in the other subjects.

And also, design and technolgoy would no doubt be my poorest subject and thus, would not be counted to my HSC anyway. So all that work for nothing?

I am looking for some guidance! If you were in my position would you drop it?

I've always been a 12 unit supporter, but Im starting to have second thoughts.
i personally think 10 units is better than 12 units coz you can focus more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)