Online Relationships Thread (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
E-Love

Has anyone had an experience with an online relationship?? What happened?

I'm just curious... I kinda got an email today from an online "admirer", and while I found it a little creepy to get an email from someone like that, I just wondered what experiences other people have had.

So tell ur stories of online love and dating... if you have any.

lengstar

HSC
*cough
personally i don't think it works

Acid

HSC
I wouldn't touch online dating unless I arranged a meeting straight away. A relationship just won't work (for me at least) without any sort of physical aspect...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I may be desperate, but I'll never resort to online methods including selling my virginity on ebay and picking up in chatrooms. I couldn't.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
one of my sister's friends actually met a guy of the net, now they're married.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Cant work, you need to know what they look like and when you find out and are attracted to them you have to meet them so thats the end of the E-Love :D

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
like starting a relationship online and never have any pohysical contact?
or similar scenario but where you have met them and stuff?

i dont think the limited physical contact can work. :p where the second scenario just might. ummm was it like a real email or one of those things where they direct you to that site and you have to sign up inorder to find out who the crush is.?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
truly in bliss keeps asking me to meet up with her, she says something about wearing leather

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Originally posted by Tommy_Lamp
just go along with it, its actually quite fun

what leather??? lol

no i dont think it can work.. you gotta meet people in person.. i mean how much can you make up with a keyboard and photochop???? the majority of stuff people say online is lies

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I have a friend who has only ever gone out with guys shes met on the net, and they have all been ugly and losers. And one of them "borrowed" a shitload of money off her and didnt pay her back

:rolleyes:

sweet surrender

lol

the butterfly effect forum has been bringing together since 2004 or say they say it does.

nah seriously if u meet someone form say a personal interest group/forum of your own your better off than goin to say an online dating service.

from my own experience yuo can develop some really good frinedships

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If you were to eventually meet them and then go mainly into a real life relationship I could see it working. Fully electronic love I couldnt see as working, the intimacy of face to face conversation is lost over the internet, and you never know (although this is partially true in real life) if what they are telling you is true or not.

santaslayer

HSC
It doesn't sound like it works, but it has before. My dad's friend tried it out and now they're happily married. :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well obviously i met mark through here, but i never actually talked to him here or online before i met him in real life, so i don't think it counts as e-love. esp since i think we spend more time physically together than using msn or whatever.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I haven't emailed this person back yet because I am concerned that it is someone who is either bullshitting me or an old man lol. It was an actual email, not one of those crush sites...

I don't think I am really interested in pursuing it though, I think I would rather meet someone in the flesh that online!

asha_ramirez

HSC
Re: E-Love

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Has anyone had an experience with an online relationship?? What happened?

I'm just curious... I kinda got an email today from an online "admirer", and while I found it a little creepy to get an email from someone like that, I just wondered what experiences other people have had.

So tell ur stories of online love and dating... if you have any.
LOL Actually I'm in an e-dating situation at the moment. Don't hate me... because he's American Ha Ha! I never thought that it could work, and really I'm not sure that it is. He's flying to Sydney in a couple of months and I'm meeting him there.

There are so many factors to consider with e-dating.

HSC
well, there was this guy on bos, and i was totally in love with him... *cough cough calculon cough*
but then i added him on msn, and he tells me that he's interested in some chick from his school :(

EDIT: the moral of the story is: e-love works on bos for a day or two, but not at all on msn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)