Online Relationships Thread (1 Viewer)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Well if you spoke to someone for a long time, and you met on a random site, like BOS, as compared to a dating chatroom where freaks would purposely goto, theni see nothing wrong with it. though i believe you would have to meet the person in real-life before actually saying that you were involved.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Online is a great way of finding people to meet offline... but whether that offline relationship will be any good is entirely a different story. Being online doesn't reflect quite a few things, such as sarcasm and the chemistry between 2 people when with each other, because when online, it provides an ability for a person to think about what to say, then assess it and then decide whether to say it or not, making online relationships much more calculating that the 'foot-in-mouth' style of offline relationships.

rumour

HSC
Armani said:
Is it possible to develop an online relationship that could be transferred offline? If so how is it possible?
Yeah, my friend always does it via MSN.

All of her boyfriends have come from MSN!!!!

SipSip

HSC
N/A
People act different from what they're like online compared to offline...it's because online...they can express themselves without the fear of looking or sounding stupid...and they don't have to face the real girl being there watching their every move...that's why online is a great place to meet people...although offline relationships often don't last that long....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Online relationships, well frankly i havent seen many last, there are a few. But im old fashioned and would rather do it not online :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i agree with raik and sipsip. one can assess the situation and is able to think of a resposne that is both appropriate and fair. however, in person, there might not be that spark of wit that you might have when you are offline.

in other words, offline realtionships work to a certain extent. and they might not always work at all. you have to take into consideration the rate of phoniness that someone can display when they are in a forum like this. then the next consideration is the attraction levels upon sight.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah i always talk to girls at a party get mob/email
talk to em an try to go to the movies

J

jhakka

Didn't rhapsodyinblack and Macccca meet on BOS and then get together?

twiddla

I know a guy who met a girl online who live in the states (he lived in Aus) and they became online bf/gf. He eventually saved up to go see her and 6 months later they were married and had a baby girl. It is still going strong at least 4 years later.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i think its better to get to know someone in real life, over msn or whatever theres to many opportunitiesfor misunderstandings and everything, plus i doubt you could really get to know someone that well over the net

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
one of my friends met their bf on the net, they met before they got it on though.
though you can't really trust someone until you've met them in real life.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
sow but real life please.. or if u choose to hav a internet relationship, web cam please :D

really, net contain freaks n psycho maniac. ish okie to b friend on the net, but if u want to take further step, meet up 1st IN PUBLIC ( just in case lols) then.. yer..do whatever u want :D

BabySilver

HSC
Well I will openly say I have tried those online dating sites... what do I think of them?
Well.. there are far too many indian & middle easterns who think i am attractive for my liking. I mean i have nothing against them.. i'm just never been attracted to one and couldn't see myself being attracted to one.

Another thing.. guys can hide so much in hat little they write about themselves.

it's how I met my old fuck buddy, that was a great thing, we clicked well. but for reasons, we have gone our seperate ways. actually he said something which scared me, I told him never to contact me, and come monday I am going to see if i can get a restraining order against him & hope to god he gets it served while the wife is home. (the last part is purelye out of hatred though)

I met another guy on one who is really nice, and well he might of been ok, had he not had an odd sexual habbit, and other personal problems, 2 ex wives and 3 kids (to different mums)

I'm meeting another guy next week, being very cautious with this one though. but he has more going for him, what with getting paid around EU$500K a year he's got rich going for him atleast lol. I've only been talking with him for a little over a month, but hey I find I can tell more about people face to face then over a computer.

but yeah online friends can lead ot offline friends and ,maybe more. one of my bestfriends I met in a chat room.

BabySilver

HSC
yeah it sounds heaps made up.. soooo i'm not entiley beliving it..
but according to the callerid on my phone he's calling me from a swiss mobile number. good thing he dun pay the bills.. or atleast he says he dun pay the bills

BabySilver

HSC
christ_ine said:
It seems a bit wrong, but I'm old-fashioned.
my mum said that to me. then forumlated a letter and sent it as a reply to some love finder thing in a magazine.

I got a reply from the guy too.. man i really whish she hadda asked me first.. he's ugly lol

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
BabySilver said:
yeah it sounds heaps made up.. soooo i'm not entiley beliving it..
but according to the callerid on my phone he's calling me from a swiss mobile number. good thing he dun pay the bills.. or atleast he says he dun pay the bills
what good is a guy if he's in switzerland?

BabySilver

HSC
arrives here tuesday. staying for a year. just been living in switzerland for the last year.
hrm
waht to wear what to wear...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)