Open day sucked. (1 Viewer)

HSC
I swear for philosophy they took every kid who didn't fit in and placed them in the one room. Heaps of dudes with pony tails and Iron Maiden shirts, made me feel like I was part of a very special community.

The lecturer explained what Philosophy was ('the study of the fundamental questions') and how you look at questions such as 'Does God really exist?' this sort of crap got the retards warm...

'So DOES God really exist?' asked one, attempting to get a debate started with the lecturer.

'If philosophy is so subjective how can you mark it?' asked another.

'Do we have to write essays?'

Apart from that there was a general murmur about UAI's, clearly the cut-off of 60 set the bar too high.

The straight law degree at Wollongong is looking better and better and one can only ask 'will there be less wack jobs in commerce?'

Is this a good insight into Jewcastle uni?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You were surprised to find uni is full of wankers?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
LOVE IT :D ahahah fuck

Yeh that is a good insight into Philosophy/Arts, not Newcastle Uni

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Philosophy is for hot chicks with no brains and try hard "existential" wankers.

However, don't let what you saw turn you off, if you think you'll like the course, do it! There's going to be idiots in every course, so try not to think about them.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
I swear for philosophy they took every kid who didn't fit in and placed them in the one room. Heaps of dudes with pony tails and Iron Maiden shirts, made me feel like I was part of a very special community.

The lecturer explained what Philosophy was ('the study of the fundamental questions') and how you look at questions such as 'Does God really exist?' this sort of crap got the retards warm...

'So DOES God really exist?' asked one, attempting to get a debate started with the lecturer.

'If philosophy is so subjective how can you mark it?' asked another.

Apart from that there was a general murmur about UAI's, clearly the cut-off of 60 set the bar too high.

The straight law degree at Wollongong is looking better and better and one can only ask 'will there be less wack jobs in commerce?'

Is this a good insight into Jewcastle uni?
You sound like a pretentious prat, but I hate arts and philosophy students just as much as the next guy. I guess heading into a business/client related career, I can't understand where they find their sense of achievement. Meh, they probably help somewhere in the line. This isn't about my rants.

Sorry, there aren't any less douche bags in commerce, but you should be ok if you hide yourself amongst the asians. This applies to all uni's though champ.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Economics was boring mangg, some Indian dude
tried throwing out jokes wasnt funnnny.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
i only went because if i didn't my classes would have fuck all people in them.

it was an awful day, shit uni, shit food - the subway doesn't even toast.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
lolcal said:

It's a mad uni, just a shit pointless day

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
worst seating ever too, i loved it when that indian dude tried to be funny though lol

Zrap

glock9
HSC
lolcal said:
worst seating ever too, i loved it when that indian dude tried to be funny though lol
Wasnt that bad i rekon, yeahh funny dudeee

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
lolcal said:

I wouldn't recommend picking a uni for its food quality.

Most have shit food.

Ezzz1990

HSC
Lol the Economics/Politics Session was boring. That Indian dude really wasn't funny and that other lecturer dude for the Politics part was scary, Jose, or whatever his name was. He looked like scary, he had long white stringy hair with the top of his head being bald. Scary stuff.
I was scared they were gonna ask questions or get volunteers or something so I sat right up the top in the back corner, so it would be an inconvenience if they attempted to ask me to volunteer, thankfully they done none of that stuff.
The funniest part for me was when that Politics dude showed a slide with some of the previous Aussie PMs on there, and there was Johnny Howard in the top right hand corner grinning away, haha. Crappy Kevin Rudd was on it too.

The best shop there I reckon was the Lolly Shop, it was like some kind of heaven! I think I spent like 15 dollars for supplies on the bus trip back to eat and share around. It had every kind of lolly/chocolate imaginable. I love Maltesers and Pods!

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The 'pick and mix' selection is pretty good (though better when it used to be 5 and 10 cent lollies), but everything else is overpriced.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Sorry, there aren't any less douche bags in commerce
HAHA that's for sure, ahem

lolcal said:
Yeh the Open Day is always shit and imo is a pretty bad reflection on the uni lol. And Subway is just shit anyway man..

@ ezzz1990: What are you planning on doing at Newie Uni? I've done a few politics courses and the ones I did had the exact same formula and were super cruisy haha, was pretty good. John makes me laugh every time he walks into a room..he has this random spring in his step. I'd call homo but he has a wife and kid, go figure :p

The_highwayman said:
pinkies is pretty overrated IMO.
And nigga PLEASE, that is such a lie. You totally dig that shit.

~untitled~

HSC
To think i was going to do combined speech path and arts so i could do philosophy. Perhaps french instead.

Lol, ive only ever gone into pinkies once, i bought a pen, and thats my story. Goodbye children.

Oh, and Subway smells funny, i wouldnt eat it if i were you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)