oral / fingering and STDs (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
flipsyde said:
how the hell am I sounding like a dickhead? Im not the one saying that only gay people get AIDS.
They pretty much do.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Even if this is the case its not ONLY gay people that get AIDS. Jarrods point was that ONLY gay people get AIDS. my point is that straight people can get AIDS too.

Also I was making the point that you dont have to sleep around or be junkies, there are other ways, and that he is wrong about his 'only' ways of getting them.

Thats my point, my rebuttle, my argument.

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
on a tangent, what is everyones take on broaching the std issue with a new partner? do you bring it up in a new relationship or do just assume 'oh they wont have anything'.. its something im pretty anal about, but its kind of a hard issue to bring up. "oh honey, so yeah your not poking me with that thing til you get an std test!"
Suggest you go for an STD check together?

Last edited:

IC3

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
you can still catch stds. my stance is that i would much prefer to be safe than sorry when it comes to this..
how can you still catch stds?
none of ur skin are touching o_O?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
flipsyde said:
I wasnt necessarily saying that you were 'wrong' youre argument stated pretty much that they are the only ways of getting it, i.e. being gay, doing drugs or sleeping around. I am rebuttling your blatant ignorance to the fact that there are many other ways from getting AIDS, and btw, gay or straight, youre still at risk.

FYI loser YOU CANT GET AIDS FROM SALIVA, so if someone stole soem of your food while you werent looking, stab them in the eye, but dont go and get tested for AIDS. I never specified that 'you were wrong' I todl you to get your facts right. Your arument is flawed and you failed to point out those points, the fact that there are other ways of trasmitting diseases.

"Basically unless its AIDS, STDs arent that big of a deal, and you wont get AIDS if you are straight and not a junkie or sleeping with people who are junkies."

INVALID ^^^ for my above reasons, they may be 'unlikely' senarios but they are other senarios compared to your 'these are the only way' senarios and btw there is more than a 1% chance.
Ofcourse, you have about a 9/10 chance of getting AIDS if you are given a blood transfusion with infected blood.[its actually the highest chance of getting AIDS out of anything] How can you account for the fact that 81% of AIDS victims are homosexual or drug users? Ofcourse you are still "at risk" you are just at 1/5 the risk of those groups.

The saliva example was purpsefully shitty, i was pointing out how you are bringing up highly unlikely scenarios. If that person had mouth ulcers or had just brushed their teeth there is a good chance there is a small amount of blood in their saliva. This example is so unlikely there has probably been only 1 person ever to get infected in this way.

from wiki
HIV has been found at low concentrations in the saliva, tears and urine of infected individuals, but there are no recorded cases of infection by these secretions and the potential risk of transmission is negligible
low chance of transmition, but all it takes is one HIV cell[or atleast thats how you would argue it]

INVALID ^^^ for my above reasons, they may be 'unlikely' senarios but they are other senarios compared to your 'these are the only way' senarios and btw there is more than a 1% chance.
i wasnt saying they are the only way, i was saying in the vast vast majority this is how it is transmited. The chance would be much much lower than 1%. The most common way of transmition globally is unprotected vaginal sex and theres only a .3% chance of transmition even then.

Even if this is the case its not ONLY gay people that get AIDS. Jarrods point was that ONLY gay people get AIDS. my point is that straight people can get AIDS too.

Also I was making the point that you dont have to sleep around or be junkies, there are other ways, and that he is wrong about his 'only' ways of getting them.
Straw man. I never said only gay people get aids, i just said that most of the time its they who carry it[81% again... i have no idea how you suddenly thought 81% meant only homosexuals when really it implies 19% of the time its hetrosexual]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7000 people a year are diagnosed with AIDS each year and over 5000 people die of AIDS each year
I dont care about other countries, like a gajillion blacks in africa are diagnosed with AIDS every day, this doesnt relate to me because iam white and i live in australia. The figures i saw for australia were more like 1000 people total get AIDS every year[about 160 of whom are straight non junkie males], considering it is a terminal disease its not surprising that 1000 people would also die from it each year assuming the figures were stable.

heres a slogan for everyone

"AIDS - who cares. Go worry about something you might actually die from, like heart disease"

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
IC3 said:
how can you still catch stds?
none of ur skin are touching o_O?
theres not a high chance that you can get an std, but you still 'could' if you were very unlucky. and your skin is still touching

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
theres not a high chance that you can get an std, but you still 'could' if you were very unlucky. and your skin is still touching
Warts and herpies are pretty much it with a condom which have a significant chance. You can catch other things but the risk is low.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
i think i read it wrong but can herpies be hereditary?? so you can be actually be born with it??

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
hereditary implies it is inherited genetically. I think[not 100% sure] you can be born with herpies, but its because you had skin to skin contact with your mother[who had herpies] not because you inherrited it genetically.

MCaristo

HSC
Yes, you can be born with a variety of diseases transmitted in the perinatal period. Herpes is one of them, and it is a devastating occurence with a very high morbidity and mortality. Its because the infection is much more likely to attack the brain or become disseminated in a newborn than an adult.

confetti-31191

HSC
Serius said:
Basically unless its AIDS, STDs arent that big of a deal, and you wont get AIDS if you are straight and not a junkie or sleeping with people who are junkies.
To some STDs there are no cure; even so when there is a cure don't you think prevention is better then cure?
Besides who says only junkies and homosexuals have AIDS?
You're just stereotyping.
Anybody from any socioeconomic background can get AIDs/STDs.

stephenchow

HSC
Can you guys stop saying there are cures to STDS?
Treatment isnt the same thing as cures.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
cure means get rid of it..

u got gonorrhea..take a 3rd gen cephalosporin like cefixime 400mg po once.. or Ceftriaxone up to 2g a day.. it clears the fucker right up

gonorrhea being an STI.. so they are right..

*shrug* there are only a few STI's without cures.. they are reallli the minority

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
confetti-31191 said:
To some STDs there are no cure; even so when there is a cure don't you think prevention is better then cure?
Besides who says only junkies and homosexuals have AIDS?
You're just stereotyping.
Anybody from any socioeconomic background can get AIDs/STDs.
I dont care what you think because we are using statistics, this is all in the numbers and its fact. WHEN THE FUCK DID I EVER SAY ONLY JUNKIES AND HOMOSEXUALS GET AIDS? i didnt so you just created a logical fallacy known as a straw man argument. What i said was, junies and homosexuals are high risk for getting AIDS, their chance of getting it is rediculously higher because alot of people in their communities have it allready, because sharing a dirty needle is the highest chance of getting AIDS [about 9/10 chance] and because anal sex is is about twice as risky as vaginal sex. You are more likely to die from just sitting in your house doing nothing then you are to die from AIDS.

Can you guys stop saying there are cures to STDS?
Treatment isnt the same thing as cures.
GTFO clearly you know nothing because a whole horde of STDs are curable, and with the rest treatments are available. Thats ok though, i forgive you because you are just a product of our schooling system and their crucade for missinformation on sex.

anyways why do people keep bringing this thread up? didnt you read my other posts in it? i allready won.

pete_mate

HSC
Serius said:
You know more children die from drowning in a pool compared to guns, yet there are so many gun laws designed to safe guard gun deaths, when to save more people all they have to do is introduce pool safety laws, even simple ones like pool fencing and gate laws, adult supervision would save far more childrens lives than anything they could do with gun laws[even banning them outright]
you forget developing countries like africa

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
why the fuck would i give a shit about developing countries? we live in australia therefore africa is irrelevant.

pete_mate

HSC
Serius said:
why the fuck would i give a shit about developing countries? we live in australia therefore africa is irrelevant.
heh, there went your credibility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)