oral / fingering and STDs (1 Viewer)

pete_finlay

HSC
if u have cold sores (HSV-1) u can still get genital warts (HSV-2) both are herpes family viruses.. and u can get both in groin and face nowadays... why not avoid getting it in the first place?
they hurt and they have been shown to increase ure chances of harming a baby if ure carrying these viruses..
genital warts arent herpes - they're 2 completely different things.

genital warts are caused by the human papiloma virus - up to 80% of sexually active people will get genital hpv at some stage in their life - its estimated that by the time a person has slept with 3 others, they will have acquired it - however only an unlucky <5% of those will ever show any outward symptoms, ie genital warts. i am one of those, and have been battling the symptoms for over 13 months now. it's obviously not very pleasant and i have avoided girls while i have had it, but it is an extremely common thing and its a shame theres such a stigma through bad education on the subject as a result, for something that is so common

once again, herpes is a completely different virus to hpv (which certain strains can cause the symptom of genital warts).

Lebosouljah

HSC
N/A
look brah all forms of sexual contact have a degree of ability to get stds and wat not, jst put a condom on ya zub ya zahash ahahha

pete_finlay

HSC
Symptoms do, but you carry the virus for the rest of your life, and symptoms can reoccur.
yes it's true because its a virus

but only to the extent that you carry the flu, or chicken pox (incidentally part of the herpes family), a common cold etc in you for the rest of your life, as it's a viral infection that has to be beaten out by your own immune response, rather than a bacterial one where you can take anti-biotics to beat it.

modern medical science shows that 91% of people showing outward signs of it clear it within 2 years (ie by having viral dna/rna at levels so low as the most sensitive technology we have cant even pick it up) and effectively 'cured' (the same as youre effectively 'cured' from the flu after a week or so, but still carry it in your body - however the wart virus (hpv) can flare up with symptoms during that time, unlike influenza where its usually just one hit with that strain and you see it through

either way, 80% of sexually active people have the virus by the time they're 50 - just very few people ever know because it's the very small minority (apparently i drew the shortest straw there, not like i slept around or anything) that ever show any symptoms of it, and is just one of those things i guess

really wish for std's the term "no cure" wasnt thrown around so loosely, know it's to scaremonger, but it really is misleading and makes it sound as if you will suffer the symptoms for the rest of your life, which just is not the case at all (unless of course you're an outlier, which hopefully i am not)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
really wish for std's the term "no cure" wasnt thrown around so loosely, know it's to scaremonger, but it really is misleading and makes it sound as if you will suffer the symptoms for the rest of your life, which just is not the case at all (unless of course you're an outlier, which hopefully i am not)
Totally agreed, especially since simple antibiotics can kill things like syphilis or chlamydia, and there's now a preventative vaccine for many of the strains of HPV.

Slingshot

HSC
Yeah, after that cervical cancer vaccine I imagine that statistic for genital warts will drop pretty drastically. It will probably get wiped out in 30 years or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)