Oral tasks at uni? (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It depends which uni you go to and what the unit assessments are. I'm doing Arts/Business and I've only had to make one oral presentation in two years and even then it was a university-sponsored student development program, not a subject.

is a roflcopter
HSC
RTTTYTR said:
The two hour ones, would be the seminars, wouldn't they?

i sat through a 2 hour preso in a tutorial about calculating WACC :(

Danger

HSC
Family's friend said theres at least 1 oral task per year and hes doing B. Commerce (Finance/Accounting), so I was wondering, is this true?

HSC
yeah probably. you have to make presentations in the world of business and its not just limited to commerce either (doing oral tasks).

RTTTYTR

HSC
I'm suprised that it's only one per year, I would have thought that all uni's would require at least one oral presentation a semester if not more.

RTTTYTR

HSC
Danger said:
can somone who have done the course confirm?
Which uni? Cause I do Accounting/Finance, and I would have at least 1 presentation per semester

is a roflcopter
HSC
depends on which uni

at unsw. i dont remember doing a whole lot in accounting, perhaps 5 in 3 years worth. although i think finance has more presentations and its harder as well. ie 2 hour presentations as oppose to 15 minute ones

RTTTYTR

HSC
Newbie said:
depends on which uni

at unsw. i dont remember doing a whole lot in accounting, perhaps 5 in 3 years worth. although i think finance has more presentations and its harder as well. ie 2 hour presentations as oppose to 15 minute ones
The two hour ones, would be the seminars, wouldn't they?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Danger said:
Family's friend said theres at least 1 oral task per year and hes doing B. Commerce (Finance/Accounting), so I was wondering, is this true?
I did 4 commerce subjects this session. I had 4 presentations; 1 per subject.

I have never done any finance or accounting subjects so I can't speak for them, but every commerce subject I have done has had a presentation as part of the assessment.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
it depends on which electives you choose to study. But as someone said earlier, oral presentations should be the least of your worries in uni.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Danger said:
Yes commerce has heaps of presentations. I know two friends one doing commerce managment and other business admin, and both are sick of doing presentations all year. You wish it finished with presentations but it gets worse you even have to write 2000 words essays, journals, group task etc..................and i speak from experience as i have done 3 commerce subjects so far

Danger

HSC
Exphate said:
If you can't make presentations at uni, you are going to struggle in the workplace.
I have actualyl grown to enjoy presentations of all sorts, so yeah like someone said, it is the least of my worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)