Organising sheets and things (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering how you all organise/d your sheets and booklets or whatnot you get from class. Do you glue them in or put them in a folder or just keep them in a stack?

I think we were all told to stick them in since the beginning of school but I mean, what if you have a binder and it doesn't fit? Staple? And I think it'd be easier in future to refer to sheets without having to flip between pages and flipping your book upside down if it's double sided and whatnot.

I was thinking of putting them in sleeves but I realised that I have way too many sheets. Eg. My current stack of modern sheets are about 4cm high. How do you guys do it?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
gluing is old, use a folder or drawers to organise according to topic and subject.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
gluing is old, use a folder or drawers to organise according to topic and subject.
LOL nothing wrong with the old fashioned way.

A lot of people use folders or binders to organise sheets.

Personally all my sheets are glued in my books (besides maths which i either lose or are in a folder)

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I use a binder/folder/other objects of organisation not requiring glue and i haven't looked back.

I look across the classroom, see everybody pasting sheets into their book and think "not sure if kindergarten or HSC"

fatassmcfat

HSC
Use display folder with the sleeve things for each subject, if you have a subject with a million sheets/large sheets then get like 5 folders like this http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00jCMELodzfQlJ/Paper-Folder.jpg cause you can just put it in easily. LOL I've already lost half of my sheets from term 1 -_- but most of the time you dont even need to use them, like say you get a million sheets about skrzynecki in english, then you have an assessment task, youd rewrite notes from the sheets to prepare and throw away the sheets later since its not like your gonna read a million pages when it comes to the HSC, just use the condensed notes you make

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
gluing explodes your books
For year 10 science, we got a few worksheets every lesson.

I started off with a 192 A4 page book. Ended up with a 500 page textbook which was heavier and bigger in size than my biggest year 12 textbook (probably Jacaranda Physics).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Put them in the binder :)

or some subjects are in a big pile as I can't be bothered hole punching the booklets

cjporter97

HSC
I keep all work in binder folders. I take notes on loose leaf paper put them into a combined folder with sheets and stuff. Unit by unit I take them out and put them in a subject binder folder that stay at home and work from there.
Works well for me. It's how most of my year is doing their senior years.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Filing cabinet. Used to be in folders but even they can't cope..... I do Modern History and Legal Studies online - with Moodle - so I print off a lot of resources, assignments, extracts from textbook etc. This results in a lot of booklets and loose sheets lying about, which you can easily organise with a filing cabinet!

suika

HSC
Around the middle of last year I started using folders cause the amount of sheets I got for legal studies & business studies seemed endless. At the end of the year I managed to get a folder for every subject besides maths (because we don't get sheets and if we do, I either stick them in my book cause they are important sheets or I chuck it into my other book and these sheets are usually practice questions and etc.)

For most of my subjects I use this kind of folder - http://www.samswarehouse.com.au/med...25d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/3/9311192022383_1.jpg
For English I only use this folder (I am considering putting all my chemistry stuff into a folder like this) - https://images.office365.co.uk/pim/513278.jpg

The only down side for me with the plastic display book folders is that when I study I take out literally every single sheet and it becomes a mess, also they tend to become really bulky over time, depending how much content you get per subject. This would lead to my bag weighing like 100kg.

I do feel like I'm doing the method where I chuck sheets away and never look at them again with my English folder...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)