Orientation (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: Orientation day sucked.

I wasted a day of my life. I could have put together a better orientation day, and I'm just starting uni.
Could you at least give us an indication as to why you didn't enjoy the day?

Also how would you have organised the sudden appearance of 150 extra students with 15 minutes notice, and how would you have organised it with food not turning up due to a third party being late? I'm curious.

I didn't do homework, bluffed school work, and just read from the textbook for like an hour each subject. All I needed was 76.00. And I see all these nerdy Asians and geeky White people who study from dawn until dusk, and brag about getting a 90+. Well I'm a hot white girl and didn't fo anything all year and got above what I needed.
I lol'd.

Last edited:

jennny18

HSC

Could you at least give us an indication as to why you didn't enjoy the day?

Also how would you have organised the sudden appearance of 150 extra students with 15 minutes notice, and how would you have organised it with food not turning up due to a third party being late? I'm curious.

I lol'd.
Okay, maybe I wouldn't have organised a better one, but I'm not the one who's been at uni for 2-3 years.

I didn't enjoy it because I learnt nothing at all. We just walked around the grounds and watched videos, boring!

And the gay guy was annoying. And I don't see why you are quoting something I said in another thread.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Okay, maybe I wouldn't have organised a better one, but I'm not the one who's been at uni for 2-3 years.

I didn't enjoy it because I learnt nothing at all. We just walked around the grounds and watched videos, boring!

And the gay guy was annoying. And I don't see why you are quoting something I said in another thread.
You learnt nothing? So you were already familiar with everything discussed re: Blackboard, estudent, and all that. If you were already familiar with these, you were free to leave it wasn't a compulsory day or anything.

Yet you stayed by the sounds of it.

So you're either incredibly stupid for staying, or incredibly stupid for turning up to a day when you already knew the content, or simply incredibly stupid.

Also, your other thread shows that you're either a troll or as above, regardless good luck to you, but you seem to have already won the Nobel Peace Prize, so not really sure what you're doing at uni, shouldn't you be curing cancer or some shit?

jelabay

HSC
LOL, i loved it.
thanks mentors, if any of you read this.

the only bad thing about it was the heat,
but no one can control weather.
unfortunately.

X

xeuyrawp

Gay guy?

And really, to be honest, you will only get out of uni what you put in. Doesn't sound like you really made an effort to meet people.

jennny18

HSC

You learnt nothing? So you were already familiar with everything discussed re: Blackboard, estudent, and all that. If you were already familiar with these, you were free to leave it wasn't a compulsory day or anything.

Yet you stayed by the sounds of it.

So you're either incredibly stupid for staying, or incredibly stupid for turning up to a day when you already knew the content, or simply incredibly stupid.

Also, your other thread shows that you're either a troll or as above, regardless good luck to you, but you seem to have already won the Nobel Peace Prize, so not really sure what you're doing at uni, shouldn't you be curing cancer or some shit?
Well I was familiar with these things, and they said we couldn't leave until lunch. I'm a hot smart girl by the way, everybody thinks so. I thought it was going to be good, but it wasn't. I am not a troll, just stating the facts, and no I didn't win the Nobel Peace Proze, why would you think that? You must be incredibly ignorant, as opposed to me being incredibly stupid.

jennny18

HSC

Gay guy?

And really, to be honest, you will only get out of uni what you put in. Doesn't sound like you really made an effort to meet people.
I don't know, it was on Wednesday, I can't remember his name. And the people there were boring.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
I went to the Human Sciences (psych) one today, which was pretty awesome :) All the MQ students were incredibly helpful and nice, and it was a great way to become more accustomed to the uni. During the initial lecture sessions, we had a few random outbursts of entertainment from the students (kudos especially to the guy who dressed up as a pirate :p ) which broke up the blocks of info quite nicely.

So yeah... I'm really happy I went :D

AsyLum, were you taking one of the groups today?
the pirate guy ended up being my mentor when they just split everyone up instead of going by the sheets they gave out at the start. funny guy, talked about how much more fun stuff can be when you're intoxicated haha.

I was the guy in the blue shirt wandering around the backgrounds :)
i saw you then :)

didnt the girl playing Daniel talk abt writing skills??

confusion!!
oh man his/her gender bugged at me during the whole first video. i was pretty sure she was a girl, and then after the video i mentioned to the guy next to me that i thought daniel was a girl, and he just looked at me kinda strangely, but then agreed and said the sister was a dude and so was the mother...haha ah well.

williamc

HSC

I don't know, it was on Wednesday, I can't remember his name. And the people there were boring.

lol jenny. couldn't agree more. asylum just thinks everyone is dumb if they have conflicting views to him.

I personally found orientation when i did it last year to be the biggest waste of time ever. Not only boring, all i met were asians that barely spoke english. My mentor just went around the circle and asked all these shit generic questions that didn't engage anyone. He was obviously only doing it for the GLP points, as he kept saying..

Last edited:

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

which means u were doing a finance subject or business one yeh?

williamc

HSC

which means u were doing a finance subject or business one yeh?
who me?

yer i was doing a B Ec with B App Fin last year. But i transfered to a BBA/ Ec. i just wasn't enjoying the finance/ accg units.

X

xeuyrawp

Who are you talking about...? Who's this gay guy? There were 500+ students, 50+ mentors, and about 6 presenters / leaders on Wednesday. :S I'd honestly like to know as feedback's obviously very important.

Anyway, I feel sorry for you, because if you couldn't find an interesting person in this diverse group, you're going to have a big problem with university study. :(

HSC
I understand complaints i work in a fast food shop for heaven sakes:shouting:. but you guys are taking it beyound a complaint this is just all out abuse. The orientation was great and from what i can tell at least 90% of people thought so. Yes it may of had a few faults (although i thought it was great:pirate:) but these could probably be addressed by the Mentors who if you just addressed them would help you with your problem instead of keeping it to yourself.

Yes you may have found it boring and such if you already knew or the information such as blackboard and the library, yet it was made quite obvious that orientation was about these exact things. I know that you have a complaint and wont chnge your opinion but please at least if your going to complain make it in a polite and reasonable manner instead of attacking the people who made such an effort to give you a great day.

Undersiege

HSC

Great attitude, mate. I'm sure you'll do well at uni.
I thought the orientation was an excellent oppertunity to just try an make some friends or see familiar faces again. Heck if it was a waste of a day , then why did you just leave ? It's not like they made anyone stay. The door was there :p. :D

X

xeuyrawp

I thought the orientation was an excellent oppertunity to just try an make some friends or see familiar faces again. Heck if it was a waste of a day , then why did you just leave ? It's not like they made anyone stay. The door was there :p. :D
Excellent - I'm glad you had fun. I 100% agree, in fact I'd say that Orientation is a great introduction to uni... You might find some of it tedious, but really if you make no effort, you're going to suffer.

I'd still like to know who Jenny's going on about, though...

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

Excellent - I'm glad you had fun. I 100% agree, in fact I'd say that Orientation is a great introduction to uni... You might find some of it tedious, but really if you make no effort, you're going to suffer.

I'd still like to know who Jenny's going on about, though...

the gay guy i think she means is shannon?? not sure but i remember someone asking if he was gay

orientation was awesome :pirate:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

When'd we get :pirate: ? Such an awesome smiley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)