Orientation (1 Viewer)

Kiim2507

HSC
Eeeek
Asylum can you help me?
I'm trying to log into myMQ and it says:

Passwords for Student Number

Your random characters are :

Your initial password is made up of the two random characters given above followed by your date of birth.

But it doesn't tell me what my random characters are :S

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Eeeek
Asylum can you help me?
I'm trying to log into myMQ and it says:

Passwords for Student Number

Your random characters are :

Your initial password is made up of the two random characters given above followed by your date of birth.

But it doesn't tell me what my random characters are :S
Egad! Umm, you try calling Student IT Help Macquarie University Library - IT Help or try the reset password thing (or if that is what you're doing then go back to calling Student IT Help :)

Also try and take a screenshot of the page, it may be a general system error so might be helpful for them to know :)

sdx91

HSC
same problem with me.. but i dont think you need them anyway lol.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Huh seems like I didn't even need that password?
I just clickeed continue and then it asked for a new password.
Oh well lol thanks anyway =]
Haha, you'll grow to love the Macquarie applications, really you will! estudent crashing at results time, estudent crashing at enrolments....

Poad

HSC
Around what time can we expect the orientation to finish?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Around what time can we expect the orientation to finish?
Depends on a few factors, today even with the breakfast and rain debacle, we managed to get people out around 1-2pm

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Breakfast made me very claustrophobic, but i really enjoyed the arts lecture thingo and my mentor was very friendly and animated, i had a good time :)

HSC
Must say a good well done to the Mentors. I rnjoyed my Orientation espcially when i discovered we have a statue of a prostitute at our uni :jaw: Cant wait for o week now

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
random question and quite asian, but where do we go to do the survey to "win a free ipod" :D lost my little paper :(

oh i enjoyed that prosititude statue !

thommy

HSC
N/A
Like I said, I don't mean to sound like a dick, and I apologise for that, but I'm more angry that someone came away with a bad experience because we do put a lot of effort and thought into making these days as enjoyable as possible and to hear something avoidable like that is frustrating :)

If you contact the transition program (transition@mq.edu.au) we might be able to get you in touch with some Media specific people during O-Week through some Mentor-events or something :)

And to not have anyone else from a Bachelor of Media IS kinda weird seeing as that's probably our most popular degree in your grouping.
I would like to apologise too. I sound like an ungrateful twat. I wouldn't say the whole day was a bore. The mentors were friendly. The videos (Amazing Place and Daniel) were entertaining and funny. It wasn't as bad as I said in my original post. It was very kind of the mentors to go to such effort and consideration. I do appreciate it.

I think he biggest problem was me. I came today with a pessimistic attitude, seeing as 95% my friends are at UTS. The other 5% are at McQuarie, but doing business subjects.

Oh, and can someone please tel me what the problem was with breakfast? I arrived late, after breakfast, and heard people saying it was bad. What happened?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I would like to apologise too. I sound like an ungrateful twat. I wouldn't say the whole day was a bore. The mentors were friendly. The videos (Amazing Place and Daniel) were entertaining and funny. It wasn't as bad as I said in my original post. It was very kind of the mentors to go to such effort and consideration. I do appreciate it.

I think he biggest problem was me. I came today with a pessimistic attitude, seeing as 95% my friends are at UTS. The other 5% are at McQuarie, but doing business subjects.

Oh, and can someone please tel me what the problem was with breakfast? I arrived late, after breakfast, and heard people saying it was bad. What happened?
All good, but yeah, if you want we can try and get you in touch with some media students during the first week :) Or Kim can get you in touch with some :D!

Must say a good well done to the Mentors. I rnjoyed my Orientation espcially when i discovered we have a statue of a prostitute at our uni :jaw: Cant wait for o week now
Woke up next to her after my first Conception Day, god bless Joy.

rain=mass crowding in undercover outside areas
At the very least closed spaces meant people had to talk to each other! Haha

Lol I was doing the survey and wrote a 2000 character rant on the enrollment process, only to discover I could only submit 500 characters :(
Haha! You're ready for your first essay now aren't ya!

old.skool.kid

HSC
haha is that the one where it looks like two people doin like on the discovery channel or someone giving birth to an alien?

and what is this conception day, when is it on?

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

ill be ure friend :3 and same with me, all my friends are going either Usyd, unsw or uts or are doing business subjects at MQ so different orientation day. Ah well! its only the beginning :)

breakfast was cool, but crowded.

Oh and i swear there is a chef dude that looks like jack black, i stopped and looked at him and he offered me a bun :eek:

oh and

http://www.uatmq.com.au/getinvolved/conceptionday should tell u roughly what conception day is, but u get explained it in one of the seminars

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I thought it was you in the lecture but i couldn't be sure... you talked about writing skills and allocated people to their mentors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)