Oxford (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Korn said:
I was being a smartarse in response to your post.
Yeah I was too. This thread is really dead. I've moved the entire conversation from the oldest University in the world to Korn's cock.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeah I was too. This thread is really dead. I've moved the entire conversation from the oldest University in the world to Korn's cock.
Yeah well my cock owns Oxford

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
bleh enough with the spam.
either continue contributing on topic or let the thread die/ become stored for futher referencing.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Waldo said:
bleh enough with the spam.
either continue contributing on topic or let the thread die/ become stored for futher referencing.
Yes, let's recap.

1. The girl in question has been described by some as a "rich brat", although I'd use the word "immature".
2. We concluded that she should just do medicine as she'll never be free from her draconian parents.
3. We also concluded that there were a number of other options to her, and others.
4. Laurie Fields is a child-prodigy.
5. Rhodes scholars are always post-grad.
6. Korn likes to be the best, and his cock is better than oxford.
7. Pwar's cock's named THE HULK.

8. This thread was always useless, and nobody could ever use it for referencing.
[/end transmission]

Last edited by a moderator:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
PwarYuex said:
4. Laurie Fields is a child-prodigy.
I disagree. Terry Tao is a child prodigy. Laurie is just plain smart.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
in reply to Not-That-Bright's
I get the feeling I don't like the girl that started this thread, she sounds up herself or like she's living in some sort of fantasy world. "I operated on a goldfish - I think I'm reading for med guys!" My dying grandfather IS NOT A GOLDFISH! I will not allow anyone with a mind such as this to operate anywhere near him.

Just to get things straight...at no point did I claim that my vetrinary skills on goldfish would render me adequate in treating humans. I merely stated that I was not squeamish. I know that a medical degree takes years of training and even then, you need experience to be a good doctor. Sorry if I was misinterpreted.

in reply to the general conclusion
1. The girl in question has been described by some as a "rich brat", although I'd use the word "immature".

I'm not going to fight you. I know I'm immature! But think of what kind of adult can be spewed out of a childhood during which she is
* drilled that people who do not go to university are lazy/stupid/BAD people
* made to believe all the white people in Australia are out to get her because you're Asian
* informed that medicine was the only degree worth taking
* had her mobile phone confiscated after text-messaging a boy five times
* has no privacy except (ironically) on the internet as even her diary is now read
* not made aware of what copulation was until the age of eleven
* asked her English teacher what the overtones of "69" were
* told to shield her eyes at scenes of violence
* told to sleep on the floor of her parents' room after watching spooky movies/visiting spooky places
* questioned for getting <98
* scolded for getting <95
* punished for getting <90
* told that every 'flu or cold she gets is a result of her not eating properly

I also know I fall into the category of a "rich brat". But I wish you guys could all understand how money is not everything.

I have had parents who have bought me everything I ever wanted with regard to my education, I have had every Excel textbook that exists, every Magic School Bus program, Austen, Bronte and Dickens from the time I was nine. Any 100% mark has been rewarded with money or phone calls or internet time. Anything less than that and things get removed. Not money, but intangible things, such as privacy, as mother tries to put a reason for a "low" mark, or time on my piano (in rationing it she believes my UAI will increase), or memories in the form of photographs, old letters, birthday cards, soft toys, things money can't replace.

I have a father who never is at home for me and a mother who spends her life breathing down my neck, determined to live her dream through me. As I write this they believe I am seeking help for Latin from a friend.

You guys probably take having friends for granted; my parents have forbidden me to have any "friends" as per se, as they say that friends will leech marks off you by borrowing notes etc, and they lecture me that nobody has friends in high school because they are all too busy studying, and we are all competing against each other for the top marks. The only "friends" I may have are people who are in the top 10 of the grade, and even then it must be very guarded, as I must not give out my "secrets". They have told me that they will be my friends for the next two years, but what they don't realise is that they're so unapproachable and refuse to talk about "distractions" aka anything not related to the HSC. Please feel lucky that you are surrounded by people who love you.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Someone needs to punch your parents in the face. Specifically you.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
stella8h8chang said:
they say that friends will leech marks off you by borrowing notes etc
That's true in a way, at least from my personal experience. But not the leeching marks part.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
*sigh* ultra-conservative right-wing asian parents. i empathise.

attain majority, go to uni, do whatever the fuck you like. and grow up.

you should know what's good for you, but at the same time, you are not the mini-version of your parents.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Go to uni somewhere your parents aren't. Or convince them that the best school for doing the HSC is at armidale and get them to pay for you to go there:p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Don't you think I would fucking love to? < insert line of other expletives > But I'm petrified of them; I remember when I was two, and climbed up the benchtop, I got caned with a piece of bamboo with a plastic handle.
Just remember, if you can get them to hit you back, you can get them time in the big house;)

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
*sigh* ultra-conservative right-wing asian parents. i empathise.

attain majority, go to uni, do whatever the fuck you like. and grow up.

you should know what's good for you, but at the same time, you are not the mini-version of your parents.
Or how about she tells them to back the fuck off? Donn't you understand, stella, that they're not going to get better unless you get em?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Don't you think I would fucking love to? < insert line of other expletives > But I'm petrified of them; I remember when I was two, and climbed up the benchtop, I got caned with a piece of bamboo with a plastic handle.
Why not just move out of home, its not that hard go to uni move out get a job and transfer to arts and work at maccas

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
Just remember, if you can get them to hit you back, you can get them time in the big house;)
Then you get everything...

But seriously, you need to stand up to your parents. Its your life, not theirs.

And don't they understand things not related to the HSC, ie extracurricular things, might be what counts to being accepted somewhere, or getting a scholarship.

roger321

HSC
N/A
i think its important to tell em to give u more space sooner rather than later.
from what it seems you parents seem to be quite the tight arses, do you actually think they will let u move overseas without probably coming with you?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
You could always give them the friendly reminder of how that Usyd Philo Gonazles's(?) parents treated him [much the same as urs treat you] and what happened to them

jbor

HSC
N/A
stella8h8chang said:
1. Grades. As far as I know, they want three A's from A-Levels. Anyone know what kind of UAI that would equate to? I think I am fairly strong at Latin, English and Chemistry (I'm in year eleven). I am OK at maths (am planning to do 4-unit), and SDD (accelerated). I would also like to do a distinction course next year, but this will of course depend on what happens this year with SDD.

Hi

Have not gone through the full thread so this may have been answered. This link will give you an idea of the UAI <=> A Level

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
jbor said:
Hi

Have not gone through the full thread so this may have been answered. This link will give you an idea of the UAI <=> A Level
That doesnt seem to hard, to get AAA, well for some ppl i know could have got that. I would have got 18 or CCC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)