P1 Restrictions coming July07! (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Aha, just be like me, Im getting magnetic ones tomorrow after school, my back one just keeps falling off cos of my cars retarded shape !@#*(!@#*.

Guess I just gotta remember to take em off every time I leave my car. Wish it had a reminder for that, like when you leave your headlights on.

rev-ise

HSC
CieL said:
I refuse to wedge my P plate behind my number plate.. that'll scratch my paint..

I wonder where I can find those frames.. they look liek they connect to the number plate and you slide your p-plate into the frame.. idk if it'll fit my car tho, cos the numberplate's kinda indented into the rear.. fucking gayyy
That's what I do, just stick the plate behind the number plate. If I keep it up I think it might bend the number plate slightly, in which case I'll probably get one of those frames.
I think you could probably find them at K-Mart, as I think i've seen plates there... If not there, then perhaps an auto shop e.g. Supercheap. I'm sure that they're not too hard to find, as heaps of people seem to have them. :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My rear uses the magnetic one- I think that kindof scratches the paint a bit when you take it on/off, but it's better than the plastic one. Still not sure what to do about the front; I guess I'll take CieL's route and get the holder.

Please tell us the price when you find them CieL! I'm also on the lookout.

CieL

HSC
lol yeah I'm on P2s too.. I was reading reading reading, wondering what applies to me.. and thank god it's the one that causes me the least concern..

I wonder if the frames work on my plates.. cos my car came with umm.. number plate frames.. so it's all boxy and I wonder how the p plate frames would clip on..

j_davo24

HSC
Optophobia said:
What is the purpose of a P-plate?

.. Other than to let other road users know who to abuse.
If you're stupid enough to go through a speed camera over your limit they can give u a bigger fine. Lol. That's about the only reason I can see...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Lol i was a little sus when i got it just now even though I only got my P2 a couple of months ago and i dont have a car registered in my name so there would be no need to send me anything.
That sucks a bit about placing it on the inside of the car. The back one stays on behind the number plate but the front one is going to be a bit tricky.

I love how as soon as you turn 18 or are eligible to get ur P2 licence you are automatically not going to get distracted with passengers in the back . hmmm i love the logic.
My brother is going to spew cos he has put getting his Ls off and now he is going to be with the millions of others trying to get their Ls before the laws change

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i dont think it matters whether or not they get them before july katie. i'd be inclined to believe that it is universal, and not just for those that get their licenses after july. the 0 BAC limit certainly wasnt for those who got their licenses after the enforcement date.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm just taking my P plates off on July 1st.

I refuse to follow these new rules on principle... they couldn't come up with anything useful so they just made a whole bunch of bullshit ones I don't agree with at all.

I am also too lazy to go to the RTA and get new p plates.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Rofl, I don't think there will ever be a P1 on the road after 11pm anymore. If I was going to take passengers I'd do it without my plates on.

T3H L4WZ ARE RIDIKEKEKULOUS

lala2

Banned
HSC
I know this has been done to death but I will post up actual confirmation that you can get your Ls now and still be under the old restrictions--my friend sat the test for her Ls yesterday and passed and yes she is still under the old system, so she will only need to do 50 hours. Therefore, any existing L holders are exempt from doing the 120 hours. I suggest if you haven't gotten your Ls, do so now . It will save you having to do 120 hours, and it's a good form of ID.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
heaps of people fake their 50 hours anyway, so i dont think the better half of new L platers will be affected really. the only ones to be truly hit hard are the kids that have paranoid parents that wont let them drive with anyone other than an instructor.

hmmm, come to think of it, i might like a temporary job as a driving instructor :rolleyes:.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm just taking my P plates off on July 1st.

I refuse to follow these new rules on principle... they couldn't come up with anything useful so they just made a whole bunch of bullshit ones I don't agree with at all.

I am also too lazy to go to the RTA and get new p plates.
enjoy getting caught

no p plates = 2 points
passenger restriction = 3 points
= licence suspension

j_davo24

HSC
veterandoggy said:
is that 2 points per plate, or 2 points together? cos as sucky as it sounds, you get fined twice for not having any plates >.<
The offence is incorrect display of l/p-plates. So you should only get one fine and lose two points, no more.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
MuffinMan said:
enjoy getting caught

no p plates = 2 points
passenger restriction = 3 points
= licence suspension
I haven't been pulled over yet, so I find it somewhat unlikely that I am going to be in the 2 months between these restrictions starting and when I get my full licence.

It is far more likely they will catch me with one of those cars that takes pictures... in which case I would not lose any points for not displaying p plates.

Last edited:

eeeman

Banned
HSC
good to see you punk cunts cant fucking stir shit anymore :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
veterandoggy said:
heaps of people fake their 50 hours anyway, so i dont think the better half of new L platers will be affected really. the only ones to be truly hit hard are the kids that have paranoid parents that wont let them drive with anyone other than an instructor.

hmmm, come to think of it, i might like a temporary job as a driving instructor :rolleyes:.
At $40/hr for many "second job" style driving instructors who don't pay tax on this income (as they do not declare) and with the huge increased demand thanks to the higher requirements, as well as potential for night-driving students.... the potential money there is quite good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)