P1 Restrictions coming July07! (1 Viewer)

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm just taking my P plates off on July 1st.

I refuse to follow these new rules on principle... they couldn't come up with anything useful so they just made a whole bunch of bullshit ones I don't agree with at all.

I am also too lazy to go to the RTA and get new p plates.
Same.
"Honestly officer, they must have fallen off!"

iamsickofyear12

HSC
47.46.45 said:
Same.
"Honestly officer, they must have fallen off!"
They might get that excuse a lot now but after next month I expect they'll be getting it a whole lot more.

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
I'm sure there are cops out there who'd throw the book at you for it but that's a risk I'm willing to take, especially since the new zero tolerance speeding thing means there's not really anything else to use demerits on.
Zero tolerance is especially horrible as I do 100 on the motorway (100 zone) which is technically speeding since I'm on the red plates.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
47.46.45 said:
I'm sure there are cops out there who'd throw the book at you for it but that's a risk I'm willing to take, especially since the new zero tolerance speeding thing means there's not really anything else to use demerits on.
Zero tolerance is especially horrible as I do 100 on the motorway (100 zone) which is technically speeding since I'm on the red plates.
Fortunately zero tolerance on speeding doesn't apply to me... because I do about 130 and I am technically limited to 100. The only reason I stick to 130 is because a cop can if they wanted get me for going 30 over instead of 20 (110 zone). As soon as I get my full licence I am doing 140.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
iamsickofyear12 said:
Fortunately zero tolerance on speeding doesn't apply to me... because I do about 130 and I am technically limited to 100. The only reason I stick to 130 is because a cop can if they wanted get me for going 30 over instead of 20 (110 zone). As soon as I get my full licence I am doing 140.
Please explain to me how the zero tolerance on speeding doesn't apply to you?

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
Hey for those who havent got a letter yet from the RTA this is for you:

IF caught speeding then you'll be suspended for AT LEAST 3 months
After 11PM only 1 passenger is allowed in the car with you unless there is some1 ovewr the age of 25
No alochol tolerance
No moble phone use even with hands free - its all banned

So make sure that you dont text and drive or speed or drink or hey, throw away your party life cos every second person is gonna have to be deso!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
seremify007 said:
Please explain to me how the zero tolerance on speeding doesn't apply to you?
P2... the only thing that applies to me is the displaying p plates thing.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
iamsickofyear12 said:
P2... the only thing that applies to me is the displaying p plates thing.
Oh i get what you mean. Same here. But it doesn't mean I'm going to proudly and intentionally break the speed limits for the sake of it... and before you call me a hypocrite CieL, we do it in a safer manner (ahaha yes I know) than most people do; and unlike people who normally speed up to overtake, we slow down whenever we get near any other cars... and we flash lights too :) See how safe we are? lol... I'm gonna get smacked for this.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
seremify007 said:
Oh i get what you mean. Same here. But it doesn't mean I'm going to proudly and intentionally break the speed limits for the sake of it....
I don't do it for the sake of it, I do it because basically all speed limits are unnecessarily slow and if I can safely go faster then that is exactly what I am going to do.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't do it for the sake of it, I do it because basically all speed limits are unnecessarily slow and if I can safely go faster then that is exactly what I am going to do.
The way you post it sounds as if you're going to go for that speed limit regardless of whether or not conditions are suitable for it; and that's just wrecklessly irresponsible.

Whilst I know where you're coming from with the speed limits sometimes being unnecessarily slow, it doesn't mean I'm going to set out to break them for the sake of breaking them; and even moreso, just because I have enough points to keep my license even if I get booked, why risk losing points and paying a fine just to save a few minutes off your journey which probably isn't even that important anyhow?

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
yeh, even though p1 is only spose to do 90 max i do the speed limit so if its 100 thats what i do.. canberra drivers are usually really bad like even if your doing 10km over the speed limit you'll still get talegated by some and others will try to make you feel really uncomfy on the road. lucky im not a ACT driver, live in one of those awesome spots next to the boarder but on the NSW side

iamsickofyear12

HSC
seremify007 said:
The way you post it sounds as if you're going to go for that speed limit regardless of whether or not conditions are suitable for it; and that's just wrecklessly irresponsible.

Whilst I know where you're coming from with the speed limits sometimes being unnecessarily slow, it doesn't mean I'm going to set out to break them for the sake of breaking them; and even moreso, just because I have enough points to keep my license even if I get booked, why risk losing points and paying a fine just to save a few minutes off your journey which probably isn't even that important anyhow?
Unless it is absolutely pouring rain or traffic is basically not moving the conditions are always suitable for it... at least it is where I drive. It's not about setting out to break them I have just found 130ish to be an effective speed on the highway to uni.

I save more than a few minutes... it would have to be at least a couple hours a week, and I don't speed in places where I no cops are so it's not all that much or a risk.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
Oh i get what you mean. Same here. But it doesn't mean I'm going to proudly and intentionally break the speed limits for the sake of it... and before you call me a hypocrite CieL, we do it in a safer manner (ahaha yes I know) than most people do; and unlike people who normally speed up to overtake, we slow down whenever we get near any other cars... and we flash lights too :) See how safe we are? lol... I'm gonna get smacked for this.
Who's "we"?

lol BIRDIE lags.. I posted up the set of rules like two days ago..

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
who's we?

*pats seremify on the back* i'm we! >:p

i sometimes have to speed because when someone tells me that it will take <blah> minutes to get to some place and to leave at some time to get there, i soon realise that their "recording" is actually considering them speeding ALL of the way, and the only way i have deduced that is by going between 10 under the speed limit and 30 over it for the trip.

and iamsik, i was under the impression that cops never go through the m5 tunnel, but they do. and on my way to uni yesterday i was going under the airport runway and dumped it to second just to hear my car's sound rebounding off the tunnel's walls (there werent any cars in my lane). after passing the small block of traffic and hitting about 130, i looked back into my mirror, and found a paddy wagon in front of them. so naturally, i was like "shit, you've done it this time =\" (smiley included) so i slowed down, but he just went past me and didnt say anything. now let me point out right now that i was in front of him, and i slowed down to 80 in the 70 zone and stayed going 80, and he still managed to catch up to me and go past me, so i went up to about 90 along with all the traffic behind him (this is where i lol, cos ALL of us are speeding at this stage) and i decide to accelerate a little more, but just as i put my foot on the pedal i look to the right and find a copper on a bike who gives me a dirty. no surprise, he is also going faster than me >.>

moral of the story? not all coppers can be stuffed giving you a fine, but that could be because they deserve fines too. oh, and it isnt possible to drive on a road that cops dont go on.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
veterandoggy said:
i was under the impression that cops never go through the m5 tunnel, but they do. and on my way to uni yesterday i was going under the airport runway and dumped it to second just to hear my car's sound rebounding off the tunnel's walls (there werent any cars in my lane). after passing the small block of traffic and hitting about 130, i looked back into my mirror, and found a paddy wagon in front of them.
I always wondered what kind of person gets busted for speeding because they are dumb enough to go speeding past a cop, or too stupid to see one behind them... now I know.

j_davo24

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
...I don't speed in places where I no cops are so it's not all that much or a risk.
You do realise that getting caught isn't the only risk. Nor should it be the biggest deterrent, death has a lasting impact...

I'm not claiming that I never do anything stupid, but to openly admit that you have every intention of going 20 or 30km/h over the limit proves that your an absolute tool.

Saying that you can 'safely' do those speeds is not entirely true as all it takes is one little thing to go wrong (tyre blowout from a puncture for example) and you end up wrapped around a pole or tree and another statistic.

This then affects the rest of us by them implementing stupid laws that set out to punish everyone not only those in the wrong. It's dickheads like you that force us to put up with the shit that we have too.

Hopefully the people who make these decisions read this forum and see that the real people these laws were meant to stop are simply going to ignore them anyway.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
j_davo24 said:
You do realise that getting caught isn't the only risk. Nor should it be the biggest deterrent, death has a lasting impact...

I'm not claiming that I never do anything stupid, but to openly admit that you have every intention of going 20 or 30km/h over the limit proves that your an absolute tool.

Saying that you can 'safely' do those speeds is not entirely true as all it takes is one little thing to go wrong (tyre blowout from a puncture for example) and you end up wrapped around a pole or tree and another statistic.

This then affects the rest of us by them implementing stupid laws that set out to punish everyone not only those in the wrong. It's dickheads like you that force us to put up with the shit that we have too.
On a straight road with basically no traffic... 20 or 30 km/h over the limit is nothing.

By that logic I can't safely do the speed limit either, because a tyre blowout at 110 could also put me around a tree or pole. Do you expect me to drive around everywhere at 50km/h to prevent this?

It may not sound like it from my posts but I am a very safe driver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)