PAINTBALL SCAM/LIARS AT UNI'S!!! (1 Viewer)

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
Yo PEEPS! (unfortunately) i was persuaded into buying the 'really cheap paintball tickets' during UNSW oweek. I saw the exact same paintball stand at USYD oweek! Please read because its worth it, will take 1-2 minutes and its not as boring as it looks. :)

Heres the story:
He (sales guy) pulled me from the walkway (not literally) as i was leaving uni. He enticed me with lots of nice paintball deals and stuff. I asked him where the locations were and the ranga said campbelltown, penshurst, blacktown etc.
Campbelltown sounded good to me cos i live not too far from there lol so i asked him how to get to that one and he said its about 5 minutes from the station. That sounded terrific. We asked if thats walking time and he said yes.

It was $159.99 just for the tickets (alot of them) and obviously thats alot to spend without lots of thought. I was with 2 mates, we moved to the side to discuss and we agreed its cheap but i didn't want to do it straightaway. SO I asked the bitch if he was still selling them the next day and he said no they only come randomly to random places. He kept persuading me and BANG he offers twice the amount of tickets for the price he was about to give to me a minute ago. Obviously it being a pretty damn good deal i said... okay.

Turned out he was a shifty bas*&^d of a sales person.
The next day i had a lecture and my friend texted me that the paintball stall was still there actually. I did not care much though because i thought i still got myself a good deal...
BUT
A couple days later i went on the net to check out the actual place in campbelltown. IT WASNT EVEN IN CAMPBELLTOWN. It was a random suburb near campbelltown and is like a 30 minute drive...

The cost of the paintballs are pretty expensive and on the site doesnt say that gear is included in the price. So i realised the overall cost of playing would be about the same as any other place. Thats not the point though. This guy lied to me not once, but twice. I still remember his face. It was ugly.

Awkward because im a sales assistant myself, working in shoe retail. I just cant see how someone can lie that much. "it aint about the money money, aint about eh money money money" - Jessie J Song. I hope im not one of the few honest salesmen in this world.

One of the many morals of the story: either the guy was born a C*NT or commision turned him into one.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I dealt with the same deal today. Got him down to two books of tickets for half the cost of one, he was really pushing the hard sell.

Turned it down, wasn't really interested. I thought something looked off with the paintball supply. I will state though, I was aware it wasn't in Campbelltown, and the guy never made any attempt to argue that it was. Glad this confirms my suspicions, sorry you found out the hard way.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yo PEEPS! (unfortunately) i was persuaded into buying the 'really cheap paintball tickets' during UNSW oweek. I saw the exact same paintball stand at USYD oweek! Please read because its worth it, will take 1-2 minutes and its not as boring as it looks. :)

Heres the story:
He (sales guy) pulled me from the walkway (not literally) as i was leaving uni. He enticed me with lots of nice paintball deals and stuff. I asked him where the locations were and the ranga said campbelltown, penshurst, blacktown etc.
Campbelltown sounded good to me cos i live not too far from there lol so i asked him how to get to that one and he said its about 5 minutes from the station. That sounded terrific. We asked if thats walking time and he said yes.

It was $159.99 just for the tickets (alot of them) and obviously thats alot to spend without lots of thought. I was with 2 mates, we moved to the side to discuss and we agreed its cheap but i didn't want to do it straightaway. SO I asked the bitch if he was still selling them the next day and he said no they only come randomly to random places. He kept persuading me and BANG he offers twice the amount of tickets for the price he was about to give to me a minute ago. Obviously it being a pretty damn good deal i said... okay.

Turned out he was a shifty bas*&^d of a sales person.
The next day i had a lecture and my friend texted me that the paintball stall was still there actually. I did not care much though because i thought i still got myself a good deal...
BUT
A couple days later i went on the net to check out the actual place in campbelltown. IT WASNT EVEN IN CAMPBELLTOWN. It was a random suburb near campbelltown and is like a 30 minute drive...

The cost of the paintballs are pretty expensive and on the site doesnt say that gear is included in the price. So i realised the overall cost of playing would be about the same as any other place. Thats not the point though. This guy lied to me not once, but twice. I still remember his face. It was ugly.

Awkward because im a sales assistant myself, working in shoe retail. I just cant see how someone can lie that much. "it aint about the money money, aint about eh money money money" - Jessie J Song. I hope im not one of the few honest salesmen in this world.

One of the many morals of the story: either the guy was born a C*NT or commision turned him into one.
And that is why spending 100+ bucks on something you arent 100% informed about isnt the best idea

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
I dealt with the same deal today. Got him down to two books of tickets for half the cost of one, he was really pushing the hard sell.

Turned it down, wasn't really interested. I thought something looked off with the paintball supply. I will state though, I was aware it wasn't in Campbelltown, and the guy never made any attempt to argue that it was. Glad this confirms my suspicions, sorry you found out the hard way.
Haha luckyyy!!!

And that is why spending 100+ bucks on something you arent 100% informed about isnt the best idea
But bro, first time i ever purchased something like this and of this price.

So it was a massive learning experience and he got me good, like really good. Oh man he is a biiigest Kahnt! But im over it now so no worries. I'll think of that money as money i should not have earned at work. For example i make myself believe i did about 12 hours of work experience and got the tickets for free.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Haha luckyyy!!!

But bro, first time i ever purchased something like this and of this price.

So it was a massive learning experience and he got me good, like really good. Oh man he is a biiigest Kahnt! But im over it now so no worries. I'll think of that money as money i should not have earned at work. For example i make myself believe i did about 12 hours of work experience and got the tickets for free.
Fair enough, I guess every1 falls for at least one scam. The point is that at least u will now hopefully learn from ur mistake

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
The point is that at least u will now hopefully learn from ur mistake
Oh yes i will. Never talking to strangers ever again.
LOL nah

Yeah man I'll have to be 10000000% informed on what im getting next time. T_T

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol idiot.
Same with the "free" insurance stuff.

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol idiot.
Same with the "free" insurance stuff.
yeah im embarassed. i seem like an idiot. BUT IM NOT lol

"free" insurance stuff as in you can refund it?
lol cos if you want a refund you have to pay like $30 or something

or are you talking about something different...?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I saw a couple of these guys near UTS a few times last year, almost got me, but I didn't have money with me at the time and hence didn't buy anything.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
yeah im embarassed. i seem like an idiot. BUT IM NOT lol

"free" insurance stuff as in you can refund it?
lol cos if you want a refund you have to pay like $30 or something

or are you talking about something different...?
no you definitely are an idiot. Fair point you may not have known about it etc, but trusting someone else with enough money that you'll get annoyed enough over losing that you'll post a bitter thread on the internet complete with text formatting in this day with such ready access to the information superhighway is just plain stupid.

Go find him and get your money back if it bothers you so much (you won't be able to)

sucker.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
In general, unless it's a mate (and even then), if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
its only a matter of time before something like this happens to you and someone else will call you an idiot.
It may have happened to me when I was like 12 or earlier (too young to sign a legally binding contract. Hollah!), but it won't happen ever again. lol

In general, unless it's a mate (and even then), if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is.
This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)