Paralegal Interview!! (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Hey good point... maybe that is evidence for why men seem to do worse on average than women in all exams.

We should get extra time for our penis.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Hey good point... maybe that is evidence for why men seem to do worse on average than women in all exams.

We should get extra time for our penis.
Not in all exams.

In HSC exams because women mature earlier than men and tend to be a lot more diligent in their studies, which is pretty much what the HSC is about, diligence without reward for innovation and fresh thought.

In university I'll think you'll find that men tend to do better on the whole.

And even in the HSC guys still do better in Maths/Science.

*Waits to get castrated by militant fembots*

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
heh well considering the time it takes to get to that point, I mean they don't lose 20 IQ points just by looking at someone.

Certainly if you value your ego then never play chess with a naked girl -- you will lose bigtime!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Soma said:
In university I'll think you'll find that men tend to do better on the whole.
Not attacking you, just want to know if you have a source for your claims...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Men probably do better in one respect... I read this in the Good Uni Guides in the section for information on journalism.. I LOL'd.

In 2004, the proportion of graduates who didn't find work after graduating from this field was one of the highest across all fields. Nevertheless, courses are popular, particulary with women.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Not attacking you, just want to know if you have a source for your claims...
I did read something in the paper recently (the SMH I presume) comparing both genders to their HSC and Uni results and that was the outcome. Am unable to find it on a search however.

However, I don't think the study was that conclusive. I'm not trying to put forward some male superiority argument, I'm just saying that at university I'd expect the fairly big gap within the HSC system to be diminished. It'd be a bit hard to measure anyway and would differ by faculty. I'm sure the IT, Engineering, Commerce and certain areas of Science would have higher-achieving males whilst Humanities would be dominated by women. As for Law I have no idea, I wouldn't be surprised if women did better on the whole.

One controversial article I stumbled upon in my endeavour to satisfy your request was this one Ms 12. Seems to go against my argument slightly.

"But beyond that age and into adulthood there is a difference of five points, which is small but it can have important implications," he said.

"This is against a background of women dramatically overtaking men in educational attainment and making very rapid advances in terms of occupational achievement."

The academics used a test which is said to measure "general cognitive ability" - spatial and verbal ability.

As intelligence scores among the study group rose, the academics say they found a widening gap between the sexes.

There were twice as many men with IQ scores of 125, for example, a level said to correspond with people getting first-class degrees.

At scores of 155, associated with genius, there were 5.5 men for every woman.
I miss our 2003 arguments Ms. 12, how have you been? I see you remain your old brazen self :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha I thought I remembered your name, did we argue about something did we?

I like a good argument...and on these boards you can resort to be totally irrational and not really be accountable for it :p

HSC
mr EaZy said:
i got an interview with a law firm as well- got it the day after i sent the resume- watevva

Edit: Lawyers central - next to the downing centre
cool, congrats on getting the interview =)
i've still have no word from my law firm... =(...really have to call them soon...

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'm awaiting word from a firm I interviewed at as well. Been bloody ages...

HSC
Not necessarily...I dont think many firms have work experience students as first priority atm, being almost christmas and all. Call them back if you're worried though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)