Paranormal Activity (1 Viewer)

efhat

HSC
So apparently this is one of the scariest movies ever.....

Was a load of crap in my opinion, all build up and no real scares. Maybe that just me though. What did u guys think of it?

waza_

HSC
Yeah I agree, it was pretty boring and took forever for the "scary" scenes to come on

But it has been fucking with my head ever since haha, sometimes get a bit freaked out at night when I'm in bed =P

laniani

HSC
I was so desperate to see it.
and now wish i hadn't. can't get it out of me head.
I was majorly scared, and may have worked myself up a bit....and may have burst into tears when it was finished I was in such a state...
but thats just may have..

Amogh

HSC
N/A
considering the budget, this film is pretty good.

whateverrrr

Banned
HSC
considering the budget, this film is pretty good.
I cant believe a film with only a budget of $15000 is making millions and millions. It just pisses me off how they keep promoting this film and advertising it everywhere that it is the scariest film etc when it is piss. HArdly scary at all. Seen much scarier. but LOL at the idea that this film must be the most revenue generating film relative to its budget. Its unbelievable but I guess that's what bullshit and dody advertising does for u.

I had suchhh HIGH hopes for this movie its unbelievable.

waza_

HSC
Well they say its all real footage and shit but its not, even check it on Wikipedia it's a mockumentary, much like Blair Witch Project

The only reason why it looks real is coz of the budget and they made it look like a home made video. The only special effects are at the end scene (won't ruin it for you) coz the original ending was shit, I watched the original ending and it was the lamest ending to a film

Amogh

HSC
N/A
It just pisses me off how they keep promoting this film and advertising it everywhere that it is the scariest film etc
lol ye
and especially those exaggerated 'audience reactions'

Well they say its all real footage and shit
dude who would believe that though o_O
i remember seeing on the news how the actors in this movie watched it without being noticed by the others

Israeli's made this movie
and why do you say that?

Last edited:

laniani

HSC
they dont claim it as real.
at the start, theres a message to thank the police department and family and all.
but at the end theres the whole 'this is fiction, any link is a coincidence type thing'

so they threw the thanking of the police department in there to make it more realistic..to make people go, 'whaaaat, this is real?' but then they confirm at the end that its not real events

I found the whole thing of the actors filming it brilliant. it did pull me in a lot more, it does make it seem like you're actually watching these things happen to a couple. But wow did it make me dizzy and feel like throwing up on the guy in front of me...

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
watched 5 minutes. was terrible. did not watch the whole movie.

klaris

HSC
I think I might go see this movie on Wednesday night.

Just to see it with my own eyes.

SMP213

HSC
OMG! i was sooo excited to see that movie, but it was pretty shiit!!
the only part i liked was her getting dragged outta bed!
but othert than that it was slow and boring!

Amogh

HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHAH
one of the reviews on imdb

"OK. It's not at all scary and there is no gore except for a bloody t-shirt at the end. It would be a "G" rated movie if they didn't use the f-word for half the dialog.

Here's a transcript of the whole movie. (pretty much verbatim, stretched out over 2 hours)

Guy: Haha, you're being stalked by a ghost.

Girl: F@#$ you.

Guy: I bought a camera so we can see your ghost.

Psychic: I'm a psychic! ooooo.... I feel something....evil. So, I'm going home now. Goodbye. (30 seconds of screen time)

Guy: Haha, you're talking to a psychic.

Guy: Wow. That door closed on it's own. We should get a Ouija board.

Guy: I got a Ouija board!

Guy: Look it caught on fire (special effect #1) and now there's a demonic symbol on it. Help me decipher it.

Guy: I put baby powder all over the hall, and now there's big frog footprints to your side of the bed. (special effect #2 - bad stop motion)

Psychic: I just dropped in to say I'm still a psychic. (15 seconds of screen time)

Guy: Wow, something pulled you out of bed and we got it on film. (special effect #3)

Guy: Honey, where are you going with that knife?

Police : Police! Put down the knife! (bang!)

THE END"

Last edited:

kfnmpah

HSC
This movie was THE biggest anticlimax of all time. If you haven't seen it, I'd advice you don't read this post. Even though it's a shit film.

Apparently people in the US walked out crying because it was 'too scary'. PFFFFT it was piss weak, shit special effects, no REAL story line whatsoever.

They should have used the "Diane" woman more (chu know, the woman who experienced the same things as Katie did)
The only good bit, to my memory, was the dragging out of bed. The ending was OKAY but a tad predictable after the scene where she was like 'i think we should stay here, everything will be ok' and got that creepy smile.

It was a good film in the sense that it was reeeeally low budget and the directors that work for them, but it was definitely not 'the scariest movie of all time'
It's only scary in a psychological way, as in it has the potential to make you really jumpy after seeing it, but only if you're in the right mindset. Otherwise it's a HUGE letdown.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I thought it was alright. Overhyped, but then, I knew it would be going into it.

I was in a screening where everyone just wanted to make jokes about it the entire time. That bugged me a lot. I figure if you've gone to see a horror, why not try and treat it as a horror. Besides, laughing is a emotional release, so your just reducing your chance of the movie acutally having an effect on you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)