paris and philipoussis? (1 Viewer)

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Yeh ive heard first hand that Delta was quite the snobby nark at The Hills Grammar.
Which i can see when i thought about the situation -

- 15 years old,
- filthy rich parents
- own recording contract
- and a "star" on Neighbours?

How was she @ netball eLmo?

The media plays her up to be "Australia's Darling" sooo much, itll be all over the news tonight..Especially 7, they love this sort of tripe...

"Rich Socialite Paris Hilton is now with Mark blah blah blah..Insiders say Delta is blah blah blah"

The recording company plays up to it as well.. like those "cherubic" posters of her debut album last year really got to my nerves, i almost wanted to buy one since i felt sorry for her with cancer and all.. boy am i glad i didnt :)
im sure she made enough money without my purchase...

And on a final note... How "innocent" can you be when you release a lingerie range?
Lol come on.. Lingerie is "worn" to be taken off.. oh please....:p

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
notice i saw outside a shop today:

"The Scud's new girlfriend isn't ranked very high, but she's had a lot of experience as a player"

LAME. (but sadly very true)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Am I the only one who finds delta goodrem extremely boring? her music, her personality, her "courageous" battle with illness....she's the most overrated person in the australian media, I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to her album or watch something with her in it.

At least paris hilton is mildly entertaining. I actually, dare I say it, like her show.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
Am I the only one who finds delta goodrem extremely boring? her music, her personality, her "courageous" battle with illness....she's the most overrated person in the australian media, I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to her album or watch something with her in it.

At least paris hilton is mildly entertaining. I actually, dare I say it, like her show.
delta is kinda too perfect - and now, falling 'victim' to poo-man-whore ways..what will she do after finding out about it in the paper? surely if she can beat her cancer, she can beat anything, shes just so strong, and endured so much - surely she deserves better? boohoohoo

:rolleyes: sigh

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I reckon Delta goes off like a minx in the sack. I want to be in that sack - with a camera, Hilton style. At least this time there is an actual reputation to tarnish ;)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I don't see what the big deal is, if your bored with someone why continue the relationship? ending it was the right thing to do..

wanton-wonton

HSC
Ellie-Bee said:
why do people care?
'cause delta's only good for her looks and paris is good for nothing, not even a blowjob...i wouldn't touch her with a 10 metre pole.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
my god you people are all disgustingly judgemental. so what if he wants to party hard and have fun? it's a lifestyle choice. for all you people know delta is a terrible girlfriend who treated him like shit. how the fuck do we know? just because she's been marketed a certain way doesn't mean that's what she's like as a person.

Kate_J

veanz said:
delta is kinda too perfect - and now, falling 'victim' to poo-man-whore ways..what will she do after finding out about it in the paper? surely if she can beat her cancer, she can beat anything, shes just so strong, and endured so much - surely she deserves better? boohoohoo

:rolleyes: sigh
That's a bit harsh, I don't exactly like Delta's music so I'm not a delta fan coming on here to protect her. But, she doesn't exactly get a say in what get's put in the papers or how her marketing team portray her (granted she may get some say in that). Also she has had cancer, what's wrong with it being publicised a bit, if anything it's a good thing, people are more likely to be aware of certain diseases. If a celebrity is in a position where they can make people aware of and issue then why not do it? For example they had some thing on today about only a small number of women actually know what to look for when looking for breast cancer. i'm not saying more famous people should get breast cancer, but they do get people's attention and if they help one person what's wrong with it. Another thing (sorry!) if someone who was suffering with hodgkins disease at the same time as delta was watching the media frenzy, i doubt very much that they were think 'why does she get all the attention' it would probably be more along the lines of 'that's got to suck, she feels like crap but she still has to try look perfect because of what people expect her to look like'.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Asquithian said:
! when a rich girl dicides to have more than one sexual partner (suggesting that its morally wrong)
You saying more than one at a time? Cause to me thats wrong. But one after the other is fine...

hehe i like the episode of the Simple Life where one of them goes

"How old are you?"
"18"
"Yep thats legal"

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Why do you hate her?
Well it has already been harped on but I am just sick of the perfect girl image. In interviews she always has the right things to say, which would be fine if that was her true personality but really I don't believe it to be. I was watching I think it was "A Current Affair" which showed a story of her before she was famous and was just working her way up the ladder. She did some pretty hurtful and wrong things to people. Basically her image is nothing like what I believe her true personality to be and I hate that. Don't say I am jealous of her fame either because I love so many celebrities it is not funny:).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Asquithian said:
nah i meant the more than one partner in the context of a lifetime
but sportsgal also said phillipousis was a manslut, so she wasn't bringing back women's rights or whatever you were saying, because she referred to men and women in the same way

methroned - what did they show on aca? sometimes i wonder how much of it is true as well, i am sure she has grown up from her bitchy 15year old days, i think most of it is true, just something didn't sound right at the arias when they asked if she had been watching idol and she said no but she would get into it... was that trying to please people? why will she suddenly have time to 'get into it' in the last 4 weeks?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
well... if she said a flat no, that might have disappointed some fans.

to say that kinda forms a middle ground, even though you know she prolly wont
get into it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
methroned - what did they show on aca?
There were two of the main things that I remember. The first was how she just walked all over the top of the people who had discovered her when she became famous. They were just a little independent recording company and had spent a lot of money to record her album and were just about to release it when she got signed to Sony or whoever she is signed up with now. So they wanted to release this album to get their money back but she said no because Sony had marketed her differently and created the image she has now:rolleyes:.

The second thing that stood out was how badly she treated her boyfriend when she became famous and met Mark Philippoussis. I can't remember exactly what she did to him but it was pretty bad and hurtful:mad:.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
well... if she said a flat no, that might have disappointed some fans.

to say that kinda forms a middle ground, even though you know she prolly wont
get into it.
Yeah, it is just another example of her wanting to please everybody and conform to her nice girl image:rolleyes:.

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
well, the job of a popular music artist is to keep up an image....
That is what I am trying to say. I don't like the fact that people have this fake image, but that is probably why I don't like Popular music:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)