Parking @ USyd (1 Viewer)

dumarab

HSC
how do most peoploe get to uni???

If i catch a train from Central, is there a bus that takes me to the computing building?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
dumarab said:

If i catch a train from Central, is there a bus that takes me to the computing building?
read above post - free bus from central, but as to where it drops u off - it's all within 15 min walking on campus, so u cant be fussy

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
dumarab said:

It's best to go to Redfern and walk from the station. You can go to Central and get a bus which goes through Newtown rather than Parramatta Rd services, however these are often full and don't necessarily arrive at the same time as they should.

I'm going to say about 99.9 per cent of students catch public transport to arrive at University.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Pwnage101 said:
read above post - free bus from central, but as to where it drops u off - it's all within 15 min walking on campus, so u cant be fussy
Uh, I think he was talking about the ordinary semester.

dumarab

HSC
jb_nc said:
Uh, I think he was talking about the ordinary semester.

lol, i was...
What's the best way to get to USYD, if not by car?

I already got an offer to the uni, and i remember going on open day and it was fucking huge.

Miss Winey

HSC
For me, i study both engineering and Arts, so I have classes all over main campus.
Since, i am an engineering and value the importance of time and efficiency, i tend to tailor my travelling to uni needs depending on my timetable and my classes.

If i have a class in engineering in the morning, or any other class in the darlington side of main campus, I would get the train, get into redfern, then walk.

However, I have a class in the quad, wallace, pharmacy or any the buildings in the upper end of campus, I would goto Central station and grab a bus.
the walk from redfern station to the quad takes around 30 minutes using short female legs, mostly UPHILL the whole way. So bus = energy saving.

If I don't have many classes that day, say usually a friday, I might have only a 2 hours lecture in the middle of the day, I may drive to uni and park in chippendale. so anywhere around within the shepard st, abercrombie st, cleveland st boundaries.
It is free parking, but i have to move my car every 1-2 hours.
During semester it isn't too hard to find a park, during exams it is almost impossible.

During open days, i would HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest you grab a train.
if you wish to drive, drive to your nearest station and park and grab a train in.
FREE SHUTTLE BUSES PULL IN AT FISHER LIBRARY which is right next to the quad which is where the high achievers welcome "should" be. don't quote me.

If you REALLY feel the need to drive, expect to pay $24. or the need to move your car every 1-2 hours, or get fined, or get towed.
if you turn up before 7am, you can get free all day parking on shepard st university side.
but if you get there at 7.01am it will probably all be gone.

Good luck!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Dude it's a LOT cheaper just parking in the city streets or car parks which are like $12 all day parking or something like that. There aren't that many places to park within USyd anyway...

However, probably the cheapest option for most is public transport...

dumarab

HSC
where would Software Engineering be held at? which buildings?

kokodamonkey

HSC
why don't you all just park in the student parking at broadway shopping centre... it's $10 all day for students or 3hours free, and its 2-5min walk from campus..i.e.. it's right next to the uni on the otherside of the road.. They don't even check to see if your a student anymore because its automated parking pay..

Milla212

HSC
My classes are all over campus and I am one of about 20 students in the entire Uni who drive. I park at the Medical Centre Carpark for $7 flat rate all day, which is both cheaper and closer than Broadway. However, you need a current Syd Uni ID. (To the point where they charged me twenty something dollars one day when I forgot it, even though they know me.) :)
It's definitely worth the drive for me, but I'd recommend public transport unless it is painfully long and unreliable from your house (like me,) or you are minted$.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Re: parking at USYD

why is it so expensive?
Considering that there are far more permit holders than parking spaces, there is a strong incentive on the uni's side to not have visitors park on campus if possible.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
You can park in glebe (a fair way down glebe point road though) for free and either walk 20 minutes in or catch a bus in (90c each way). Fair choice if you're not in a rush.

HSC
There's a small street running parallel to Parramatta Rd just near the Victoria Park area where you can park for free if you're lucky enough to get a park.

zake0

HSC
My classes are all over campus and I am one of about 20 students in the entire Uni who drive. I park at the Medical Centre Carpark for $7 flat rate all day, which is both cheaper and closer than Broadway. However, you need a current Syd Uni ID. (To the point where they charged me twenty something dollars one day when I forgot it, even though they know me.) :)
It's definitely worth the drive for me, but I'd recommend public transport unless it is painfully long and unreliable from your house (like me,) or you are minted$.
Where exactly is the medical center you'r talkin about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)