past HSC: did you flunk trials but managed to do well? (1 Viewer)

team.red14

HSC
Re: Trials fail = goodbye band 6?

I don't think I'm capable of producing such quality that can compensate for that much quantity.

oh chill :headbang: we all did bad...cos of the inadequate time to study and procrastination :)

dw...learn from wat mistakes -if any you made- its not over yet....the hsc makes up 50% !!!! go for it

team.red14

HSC

oh how bout me...

I screwed up paper 2 mod C =_=

I ran out of time for industrail chem 6 mker ...cos I was busting to pee during n the exam =_=

and modern was all over the place for albert speer

surely we are goin to expect the unexpected but dw..... I feel yr pain!!
:burn:Jst make the most of the nxt 2-3hrs u hve left in the hsc exam u r sitting!!:wave:

Joga Bonito

HSC
Re: HSC success stories

with my ranks at the moment, im probably looking at a 96ish ATAR. i started off shit, then tasks 2 and 3 i brought my ranks back up. trials i went shit, and im sure theyll go down. Thing is, i want 99+.im not just saying that. i actually want it. does anyone know of people getting such an estimate, but ending up with a 99UAI? just wondering thats all, either way im gonna gun it these next two months!

HSC

just reading through the latest posts:
i couldnt care less about scaling to be honest. i dropped my 2 highest scaling subjects. to me doing what you like and what you're capable of doing is more important.
no point doing something you're not capable of doing just because it 'scales well'
and if you dont enjoy something you are less likely to put the effort in.

_GOD_

HSC

i couldnt care less about scaling to be honest. i dropped my 2 highest scaling subjects. to me doing what you like and what you're capable of doing is more important.
no point doing something you're not capable of doing just because it 'scales well'
and if you dont enjoy something you are less likely to put the effort in.
But u were better at 3u maths and 3u engrish than biology

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Adv Eng is the only one im not good at, and what else was i meant to pick fukin Cafs or Pe and be with the idiots of the year.

i know my subjects have good scaling, but i have not read every single scaling report ever made, which some of you people obviously have, and every second thread is about subject scaling, and theres always namu around ready to tell everyone what their scaled marks would be.
Namu hasn't posted much on BoS lately actually and i highly doubt that even one person has read all the scaling reports - why would you bother when it's pretty much the same every year?

and if you dont enjoy something you are less likely to put the effort in
+1

HSC

But u were better at 3u maths and 3u engrish than biology
i hated 3u maths ALOT.
and 3u english was just too much english for me lol.
i enjoy biology alot more than both of them. & actually i think im doing better in bio this year than i did in 3u maths.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

i hated 3u maths ALOT.
and 3u english was just too much english for me lol.
i enjoy biology alot more than both of them. & actually i think im doing better in bio this year than i did in 3u maths.
Same here with me and 3u english.
If I was a scaling-orientated person, I would've kept it because it scales well, although some could say that my choice to replace it with 4U maths would've been scaling orientated :p

Top Secret

HSC

At the time of subject selections, I too had no idea how well particular subjects scaled, probably because of teacher and BOS representatives continually telling us not to worry about scaling. It's just a coincidence that the subjects I chose scaled high. I chose them because they are the ones I'm good at. Probably the ones I feel are useful and interesting.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: Trials fail = goodbye band 6?

BOTH me and Namu do Standard English cuz we fkn care about scaling so much! :music:
Technically, English (Standard) and English (Advanced) have same scaling. But I did choose English (Standard) because I liked its texts much better and I liked the idea of having my current English teacher and class as it was much more motivating.

Scaling hardly influences my subject choice. I do Business Studies, Biology and Studies of Religion 1 which are hardly "good-scaling subjects". At the same time, I do Mathematics Extension 2 and Cosmology which are deemed as "high-scaling" subjects. I chose subjects which suit my interest and intellectual proficiency.

HSC

Same here with me and 3u english.
If I was a scaling-orientated person, I would've kept it because it scales well, although some could say that my choice to replace it with 4U maths would've been scaling orientated :p
yeah i am NOT a scaling person at all! i did really well in it too i think i got over 85% in everything but i really couldnt cope with advanced and extension in year 12.

HSC
Is there anyone at all who actually have EXPERIENCED IT?

I really don't care about ranks and school marks, just whether if it HAPPENED TO YOU, as in stuffed up trials in your subjects, AND BY STUFFED I MEAN lower then
75 (band 4??)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Is there anyone at all who actually have EXPERIENCED IT?

I really don't care about ranks and school marks, just whether if it HAPPENED TO YOU, as in stuffed up trials in your subjects, AND BY STUFFED I MEAN lower then
75 (band 4??)
I'm not sure if you understand me correctly.
I DID experience it. I didnt do well in my trials and I got a band 6 HSC mark. I don't know if you know this, but your UAI is generated by your HSC marks, which is made up of school and external examination marks.

Niek

HSC
okay so this didn't happen to me (because I'm doing the HSC this year...)
But my teacher was telling me about a girl who was ranked pretty badly in english, only got about 75% for an internal mark, but ended up getting 95 for english overall
and she got over 90 in her ATAR too :)
I'm seriously hoping this sort of thing can happen to me too

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It most certainly can, you just have to smash the HSC exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)